Day 6 - An exciting day!

From Seulgom, to Ddeulgichu, and Kang Seulgi

A/N: eyyy thank you for the comments dears. Tbh I forgot nurse joys existed (im telling you I haven’t played for 5 years rip the last I played was soul silver I think) so uuuhhhh I tried to insert that idea & another I just saw in a comments last minute to the original plot! (it won’t affect much hopefully) enjoy!
have some specs irene bc why not


 

 

=

Wendy and Seulgom had literally passed the whole afternoon at the main hall of this new town, watching a children’s series for continuous hours. The story was something similar to their own world with pets whose name end with “-mon”.

Wendy, lying lazily on the comfortable couches surrounding one of the giant plasma TVs, notices her companion hadn’t been cheering excitedly at the screen for the past ten minutes.

Curious, she taps on its head. “Seulgom, anything wrong?”

Getting no answer, she tilts her head down; to Seulgom’s face level, who’s sitting on the ground in front of her.

“Hey, I’m talking to you.” She pokes its chubby cheek.

Seulgom is intensely staring in front and deep in thoughts. It finally speaks with a quiet tone at first. “What if… I… gom”

“What if you what gom?” Wendy repeats.

“What if I…” It turns its head to her with a nervous expression, “… am not a Pokémon but actually a Digimon, gom?!”

Wendy facepalms, facetables, facecouches. “IS IT GOING TROUGH AN IDENTITY CRISIS?! IS THIS PUBERTY À LA POKÉMON?” She internally screams.

“But looooooook, the Bearmon, the Monzaemon, the Kumamon in the show all look like me! Wendy! What if I’m from another dimension? How do I go back, how do i-

Seulgom’s now making muffled sounds thanks to Wendy’s hand saving herself from listening the nonsense Seulgom spits.

=

After Seulgom’s unnecessary two seconds long identity crisis, the duo thinks it might be time to move along before they become couch potatoes. Nothing exciting or new has been happening since their first day.

“Talk about an adventure filled journey, this is our third town and we’ve been just eating free food and playing around.” Wendy sighs as they stroll along the sidewalk.

Seulgom is barely listening and suddenly stops both of them, pointing at a giant building.

“Shush, Wendy. Look it’s one of the orange houses, gom!”

Wendy glares at it “Rude,” then shifts her attention to the building. “Oh, you mean the Pokémon Center? Yeah, it’s nothing special…”

Seulgom climbs onto Wendy’s leg and stops by her chest. “Oh, gom, so you haven’t heard the legend?”

“Legend? Hey you supposedly lost your memories and suddenly you know more than me? Hmmm, fishy.” She looks deadpan at it.

Seulgom ignores Wendy for the nth time, “The legend says that there’s one single Nurse Joy who doesn’t look like the others, and if you find it, something-

“You’re just curious and want to verify, right?” She cuts the inspirational curiosity filled talk.

Seulgom puts on its best pokerface and there’s a century old silence between them.

“Okay, okay, let’s go.”

=

> Cue action movie music

“SEUL, YOU IDIOT. I SWEAR.”

A suspicious duo runs like lightning out of the Pokecenter, with a pet running at the speed of light with some bag in its mouth.

“WAIT FOR ME, OH MY GOD, WHY DO I DESERVE THIS? I CAN’T RUN FOR LIFE.”

“Yeah, right, says miss with the abs gOM!”

Wendy definitely hears Seulgom’s mumbling and slight pitch change despite having its mouth stuffed with plastic. Her speed also increases with this new found annoyance sparkling in her.

“YOU BETTER RUN FASTER BEFORE I KICK YOUR .”

> [BREAKING] I am stuck with two thieves

“You shut up!”

> Correction, two MEAN thieves. Hmpf.

Wendy grunts for the millionth time, she shouldn’t have complained about her boring life.

=

They stop by the outskirt of town, panting like crazy in the middle of a grass-filled land.

“I can’t believe you dared STEAL something! And I was getting pretty accustomed to the nurse; she was giving me advice BEFORE YOU DID SOMETHING STUPID. Aaaah. Now I’ll never pass by this town. Thanks, Seul.”

“I wasn’t! I was borrowing. And the guard was eyeing me suspiciously, so I got more than I was supposed to piss him off, gom.” It opens its bag, starting to eat the goodies inside.

“Ugh, whatever. Now pass me some of that cake.” She sits by Seulgom who smirks at her.

=

“See that? It looks like you.” There’s a whispering in the tall grass.

“Are you gonna say your plan for world domination is going on perfect, doong?”

“Hehehehe. Let’s ambush them.”

=

> Beep. Beep. Be careful.

Wendy looks down to her pocket, talking with full. “About wha-

But she gets interrupted. By a plastic hammer. Quite heavy. Right in the middle of her head.

Of course, Seulgom can’t help but laugh hysterically until it notices Wendy is laying on the ground, probably dead from choking on her cake piece.

> Rest in peace, Wendy, 1994-2015

> Cue funeral music

Seulgom clasps its paws under its chin, “You were nice Wan, but it would be pretty great if you came back to earth because Seulgom needs you, also because I need food money, what would I do without you in my life. Do I need to say more cute stuff? Uhh, I’ll give you 20 free cuddles, gom.”

And as if on cue, Wendy miraculously sits up and takes Seulgom in her arms. “AWWW, you’re sooo cute! I like that deal.”

“You already used one free session of hugs, gom.”

“WOW. Okay. Lame.”

Their short sweet conversation is cut by an intentional cough. They turn their heads to see a short blonde girl, with big round metal rimmed specs, a Mickey Mouse shirt and a giant orange-green plastic hammer in hand. She looks unamused and impatient.

“Uhh.. Yes? How can we help you?”

“I just hit you with my hammer and you have yet to react.” She taps her feet, with her free hand resting on her hip.

“What she means is that it’s battle time!!” A little voice yells as something jumps from behind the stranger.

Wendy’s jaw drops and she points at the two figures.

“SEUL. OMG. IT’S LIKE YOU, OMG, IT TALKS, OH WOW, WOAH, WHAAAAT.”

“WAN, OMG. ARE YOU BLIND, GOM. WE’RE NOTHING ALIKE, GOOOOOM.”

“BUT IT TALKS AND IT’S TINY AND CUTE AND-

“Wendy, Wendy, shush shush, maybe it’s the evil rival we need to beat just like in every action movie plot!”

“How do guys even manage to keep a conversation when you change subjects faster than Doongdoongie’s mood swings?” The short stranger asks to no one in particular.

“What, how did you hear us? Were we really loud now?”

“…” She facepalms for a good minute. “ Oooookay. Hi. I’m Irene. I’m old, so you better be respectful, child. Man, you have a nice . I wanna fight you right now so I can reward myself by taking your pet.”

“Aaaand, HI, I’m Doongdoongie and I bring joy to life, doong!” The small creature, similar to Seulgom, exclaims with joy.

> Error 404. Am I unable to recognize because I need an update?

> Let me take note at least. Soo… Doondoongie, something small. Cute. Joyous. Kinda greenish and pinkish.

Wendy was at first scared by the serious tone but after what she thinks she heard in the middle, despite Irene mumbling quickly over that part, she’s unsure how to react.

“See, Wan, they are the enemies, they want to steal ME. So you better fight for me and defend me, gom.”

“Technically, you’re fighting for yourself but uhhh, alright.”

“Well I shall start because I say so,” Irene brushes her hair over her shoulder, Wendy is mesmerized by the elegance of this weirdo. “Doongdoongie, use MEAN COMEBACK!”

The small gal walks up to Seulgom and whispers to it, “Tell me something not nice so I can activate the attack, doong.”

Seulgom ponders for a minute and puts her paws under her nose, with sparkling eyes. “B-but Seulgom doesn’t like being mean, gom!”

“Stop lying, Seul.” Wendy says as she recalls the number of times Seulgom has been more mean than nice to anyone who wasn’t her. Wait. Now that she thinks of it, Seulgom has been really cute ONLY to her lately.

While Wendy is lost in her thoughts with a goofy smile, Irene loses patience and flails her arms around. “YAH, GET ON WITH IT, YOU CRAP.”

Doongdoongie’s expression changes to a serious one and Seulgom whispers “Chill, gom.”

Thanks to Irene’s insult, Doongdoongie does indeed activate and flames are spit from its mouth while it latches unto Irene. They both fall on the ground and bicker with a few pulling here and there, completely forgetting the fight.

> Seulgom wins by default.

Wendy snaps out of her string of thoughts, “What just happened?”

“Hey Wan, gom.”

She looks down, “Yeah, Seul?”

“Don’t you find that our new friend Doongdoongie looks a tinyyyy bit like of one of the Nurses Joy, gom?”

Wendy rubs he chin as she considers what was just said. “Now that you say it- Hey wait, are you trying to make me believe into your weird myths?”

“Nooooooooo~ gom.” It looks away and acts the most natural possible.

Wendy laughs at Seulgom before picking it up in her arms, “Fine, I’ll believe you for a bit, but first,” she looks back to the fighting duo on the ground, “let’s get out of here unnoticed.”

Seulgom snuggles to her neck and yawns, “As you wish, gom.”

=