Day 3- First battle

From Seulgom, to Ddeulgichu, and Kang Seulgi

^seulgom teaching wendy how to do the pro hallenger pose ah yeah

AN: omg I can’t believe a bunch of ppl are already following this randomness. Welp. Thank you and sorry if the chaps are short (I mean since when are the battles hella long anyway? Excuses excuses)
actually someone should do a pokemon au where trainers seulgi and wendy challenge each other and boom bi di bam adventures happen and love and- you get it.
irene & joy will be up next chapter!

 

 

=

Wendy stands outside of the dinner-place, frozen as she stares into her wallet. Her empty wallet. This is only Day 3 and she swears she’ll probably wake up dead in a few days from eating nothing.

Meanwhile, Seulgom twirls in front of her, pleased with the food she ate, tapping her belly with a sigh. “Seulgom is full. Seulgom is happy. Gom.”

“Hey.” Wendy catches its attention with her cold attitude.

“Yes~?” Seulgom holds its ‘paws’ under its chin and flutters her eyelashes, trying her best at looking cute.

The girl cringes at the act, “Don’t do that. Ever again- oh and thanks to YOU, we’ll die of hunger this week.” She says, showing the dark hole in her leather pocketbook.

“Gom…” Seulgom ponders as it stares silently before its eyes illuminate at the upcoming of an idea.

“But we could eat THAT.” She points to a Starly picking grains with the most innocent smile.

“YOU DON’T EAT A POKEMON .”

Wendy thinks she should start writing her will.

=

Luckily, while walking outside this second town, the duo had spotted a pond, deciding to sit on the low grass. Wendy had counted the number of times she slapped Seulgom’s ‘paw away from the water and concluded an average of 82 attempts per hour. The rest of the time, they stayed there observing the travellers like them and witnessing some random battles.

While doing so, whenever Wendy would ask “Can you do that too?” at the sight of a move used by a Pokémon, Seulgom would nod with confidence and the girl had pretty much filled half of her diary with names and description of moves because who would  trust a possibly broken Pokedex. And Seulgom preferred having these written down instead.

In the midst of these discoveries, Wendy found her favorite.

She recovers from her laugh, having fallen on her back a while back after a surprise tackle. She wipes the formed tears away. “Seulgom, now be nice and use Cuddle!”

Seulgom glares at her, paws on her side. “No such thing exists, gom.”

“Well now it does, come on~” She whines, with open arms. Who thought personalities were exchangeable in the interval of an hour.

With a huff and puff, Seulgom dashes and jumps into Wendy’s arms, becoming a mess of tangled hair and fur

“D’aww you’re sooo cute and soft.” She sighs as she untightens her hug, “Let’s forget about the food and die happy like this.”

“Seulgom thinks Wan-ah has gone mad. Seulgom thinks it should escape as soon as possible, gom.” It is about to free itself when Wendy’s order obliges it to stay.

“Seulgom, use Cuddle!” she repeats again with a giggle.

Now Seulgom feels it’s in for the nightmare of its life with the broken cassette Wendy has become.

=

The duo is hiding in tall grass, waiting to abduct a passerby.

“Gom! Look there’s a random man!”

They both stand up and point at the young man.

“YOU! GIVE US YOUR MONE- I MEAN LET’S FIGHT.”

> Cue battle music.

“What the- I thought this was closed!”

The man just stares silently, and nods slowly, “Uhh… Sure…”

> Dun dun dun!

The man takes out his pokeball and sudden red flash of light blinds them with a little Cubchoo appearing before their eyes.

> Cubchoo. It’s made out of ice. And it goes “A-choo!”. Cute thing. It has a runny nose someone help it wipe. Where’s the Kleenex-

The electric voice is cut short with Wendy tossing the Pokedex in her bag.

“Wan, Wan, WAN! Look, look! It’s a bear, it looks like me, maybe it’s my long lost sibling? Wan, Wan, look at it!! We might be acquaintances!” Seulgom barely stands on ground from all the excitement and squealing.

“Okay, okay, shush. Get into battle mode and we’ll talk about that later.”

“Awoo… Okaaay, gom.” Seulgom stands in its most intimidating pose.

“You look dumb- I mean, Seulgom! Use Thund- No wait, that’s not effective. Use Cudd- Oh my god that is reserved to me wait nobody heard that okay. Uhh use… Give me five minutes.”

She settles down on the ground and rummages through her backpack, taking out the heavy diary and flipping through the pages. “Look, I could’ve sworn I wrote that super-effective Rock type move somewhere here. Oh my god, where is it…!!”

Getting bored by the ever so slow and unorganized Wendy, Seulgom decides to start a conversation.

“Hi, I’m Seulgom! You’re Cubchoo, gom?”

The Pokémon nods with a squeal… followed by a sneeze.

“Bless you!” Wendy yells, still busy with her book.

“Aren’t you cold? Come hold my hand, gom.”

Seulgom holds the Cubchoo’s paws, earning a smile from the bear and its owner.

“You seem pretty rare, I haven’t seen any Pokémon like you,” the man sits next to the creatures.

“Why is nobody shocked that it is talking?!” Wendy is heard talking to no one again.

“Seulgom is unique! Also, I like your friend. Seulgom thinks both of you are nice. Let’s be friends, gom?”

The duo looks at each other, then give a nod of approval to Seulgom. “Sounds good! Let’s meet again?”

Seulgom grins, pleased with the encounter. “Yes, yes! You two should be going, gom.”

Before the man can answer, Seulgom’s stomach grumbles, interrupting him then making him chuckle. Seulgom looks away embarrassed.

“I think I should give you this before,” he fishes a paper out of his back pocket and hands it to Seulgom. “Use it well and take care of her too.” He leans his head towards Wendy’s distressed figure.

Seulgom can feel tears coming. “Seulgom is thankful. You’re a savior, gom!”

It hugs the Cubchoo and later waves at them. It returns to Wendy and peeks from her shoulder.

“Ah-ha! Found it! Seulgom, u-“ She abruptly stops, a centimeter away from Seulgom’s face.

After a minute of intense silence, Seulgom pokes Wendy’s nose. “Let’s find a place to sleep, gom.”

Wendy sighs, understanding she was just a tiny titsy bit late, okay, maybe way too late to continue the challenge. “Yeah, let’s- I mean, how?”

Seulgom sweeps the bill it got in her face. “Hehe, got this,” it adds with a grin.

Wendy’s mouth hangs open. “You little… that’s stealing!- Never mind, let’s call that an act of generosity and get along.”

“Gom, gom, let’s get meat tonight, please~” It pleads with drool as it starts seeing food in the clouds.

Wendy shakes her head. “Truly a bear.”

=