Day 1 - The fateful meeting

From Seulgom, to Ddeulgichu, and Kang Seulgi

AN: I already warned you and I’m saying this again this will be one of the weirdest dumb things you’ve ever read you should close the tab right now. There might lots of errors, I hate grammar. Updates will follow cometimes later. I think there might be JoyRene in thsi too... hmmm....

=

 

It’s 8 am. Wendy knows this by the screeching “Shine on MEEE” sound her alarm makes every day. She should change it but the noise seems appropriate for the burning rays that escape into her room.

She grunts and rolls out of bed, falling face first on the ground, followed by her blanket covering all source of light from her eyes.

“Wendy! Wake up! You have a message from Professor Kim!”

Her mother’s words are enough to make the said girl jump up and run downstairs. This might be the sign she has been waiting for days, months, even year, because everything with that Professor takes an eternity to get done.

Downstairs in a flash, Wendy sits at the table, with her hands in front of her and a straight back, staring intensely as she waits for more details.

Two eternities later and a delicious breakfast eaten as quickly as possible, her mother speaks up again as Wendy feels like she aged another 4 years.

“Oh, yes, so I was saying you have a message. Apparently, your new friend is ready to be taken.”

Wendy feels her youth coming back to her and takes her bag with her snapback (because she’s one kind of a stylish girl) from upstairs, running back down ready to fly out of the door. She’s abdruptly stopped by her mother, again.

“Also, take this I’m sure you’ll need it for your journey!”

She plops down a giant, light looking book into Wendy’s arms who immediately feels like gravity has become 10 times stronger.

“M-mom, this is heavier than my biology book…”

“Well... A year has 365 days but knowing you, I bet you will write an essay for each passing day so I got you the 1200 pages format.” She smiles and pushes her daughter out of the door. “Have fun!” She waves as Wendy beats the world’s slowest speed record on her way to the lab.

=

Wendy’s beating heart makes it difficult to hear what the Professor says as she’s welcomed into the laboratory just across the town.

“So, yes, now come, let’s meet your first-ever Pokémon that I accidentally found.”

She turns her head around with a quirked up eyebrow “Accidentally? Wait so this isn’t the one that you were supposedly preparing for months...?”

“Uh, well, that one escaped into the wild and I was too lazy,” He guides her to a closed box, “And this one more like came to knock on my door and I didn’t understand a thing it was saying but sine I don’t like dealing with problematic people, I’m leaving this mess to you-”

Wendy doesn’t listen much to the rest of his blabbering as she absorbs one of the most meaningful and excitement filled day of her life. Her hand reaches for the top and she slowly pulls it up, stopping breathing in at the same time.

She feels a bit light-headed and decides it’s better to continue her normal human processing because who wants to faint from asphyxiation when you’re about to meet the best thing of your life.

Nothing comes out of the box and a bit suspicious of the situation, she peeks in it and just stares.

“It’s… sleeping…” Talk about an exciting meeting.

“Oh yeah it has been sleeping for 2 days now,” he shrugs his shoulders and gives a smile, “I thought you could do a good job at waking it up.”

She glares at the Professor, “Please take this bear like thing and give me a real Pokémon, I don’t want to deal with Snorlax’s cousin.”

And before she can complain further, she instantly finds herself outside of the laboratory with the box in her arm and the Professor waving from his window.

“Have fun~ Ahahaha~”

“I DIDN’T WAIT A CENTURY FOR THIS.”

But her yelling isn’t heard by anyone thanks to the soundproof windows the man installed on his complex. She also notices the thing in her hand won’t wake up despite the noisy person she is.

“Ugh, wake up.”

She pokes at it but nothing happens as the little bear continues snoring. She goes to sit by the outskirt of the town, humming to herself with the object on her lap. A good half an hour later, it twitches and Wendy clutches her heart by the sudden movement, this was the moment.

“Seul….Seulg-gom. Seulgom!” It says as it yawns and fully wakes up.

Wendy feels like she’s about to melt into a poodle of goo with the amount of cuteness that emits from her.

“Seul…Seulgom, gom. Hello, I’m Seulgom.”

And now Wendy feels like she could faint.

“You can talk?!”

“Seulgom can talk and Seulgom doesn’t remember much from the past. But Seulgom is hungry. Oh and Seulgom finds girl pretty. Oops, gom.” Wendy could swear she saw a shade of pink on the “Pokemon’s” cheeks, or maybe she’s just imagining things because she feels like it’s suddenly 39 degrees. The power of compliments.

“What did I get myself into…”

“What’s your name, gom.” Seulgom asks as it climbs into Wendy’s arms.

“Ah, y-yes, I’m Wendy.”

“Oh okay, Seulgom will sleep. Wake Seulgom when there’s food.”

It puts its arms around Wendy’s neck and sleeps soundfully on her shoulder.

“This escalated quicker than any romance drama I’ve watched till now, oh my god.”

She hugs the warm ball of fur and starts her journey with her unique mysterious companion, walking towards a setting sun and filling the air with stomach grumbling sounds.

Did mom even give me money…

=

"Hey! Excuse me!"

Wendy turns around to see a young boy runnign behind her. He stops, panting.

"T-this... The professor forgot to give it to you."

He hands her a red electronic object. It's a Pokedex!

She turns it on, "Uh, well thanks." She smiles and the boy runs back to town.

>...

> Starting up

> Hello! I'm a Pokedex!

>...

> I can't identify the source on your shoulder.

> Error. Unknown object.

> Preparing to turn off.

And with a beep the screen turns off.

"Great..."