Final

Campus Cat

“I want a cat.” Luhan sighed as he saw another random cat pass by. He was walking along the walkway bridging the laboratories building and the cafeteria with Jongin, Tao and Minseok.

Jongin followed the cat with his gaze before replying. “But you can’t have one. Remember that e-mail we got during freshman year?”

The wushu athlete laughed out loud, causing some of the other students sitting on the benches look at him weirdly. “Yeah! ‘Beware of stray cats!’ I can’t believe they had to send us something like that.”

“Well, you never know,” Jongin inquired. “I know an upperclassman who hated cats and yet when she saw one in the paved road behind the management building—“

“Make Out Walk.” Tao smirked.

“—she took it and put it in her bag. Her bag! She even had to a watch a play later that night so that meant that the poor creature had to stay inside the bag for two hours.” The dancer finished.

“I don’t want some random cat from the street.” Luhan said, letting his presence get known once more.

“Or, in this case, from the Make Out Walk.”

“Zitao, that’s getting really annoying now.”

The wushu athlete cringed at the use of his first name. “Well, you’re a dark, girly dancer.”

“That has nothing to do with what we’re talking about!”

“It doesn’t change the fact that you dance like a girl!”

“Well, you look like a grumpy panda!”

“You sweat like a pig!”

“I never liked your Gucci bags that you use for school!”

Tao gasped in terror. “Take that back, you spawn of the devil!”

 

Luhan just pouted as he stopped walking, letting the two walk ahead of him. Luhan watched as his two close friends bicker as their voices become louder and louder. Luhan realized after a few seconds that Minseok stopped beside him.

 

“Minseokkie?”

“Hmm?” The smaller boy hummed as he was busy typing and reading something on his tablet.

“Buy me a cat?” The deer-like boy asked, trying to aegyo his way to get a cat from the older.

Minseok suddenly left Luhan’s side and walked towards the Science building, his attention still on his tablet.

“Some friends I have.” Luhan mumbled before jogging to the cafeteria for a comfort Belgian chocolate waffle.


The next morning, Luhan stayed inside his classroom located in the humanities, he was an hour early for his class. He was contemplating whether or not if he should sleep or get a quick breakfast outside his school when he heard a voice by the door.

 

“Lu-Luhan?”

The boy turned to see Minseok uneasily looking at him, his hands are behind his back.

“Minseok, what is it?”

The upperclassman slowly entered the room and stopped in front of Luhan who was just sitting on his chair in the front row.

“Luhan, I, uh...” He bowed his head nervously.

“Minseokkie, is there something you want to—“

He was cut off when Minseok presented a small, white box with a red ribbon on it. Luhan eyed it curiously.

“What’s this?”

“Please accept my gift!” Minseok exclaimed, his voice echoed in the empty classroom.

Luhan slowly took the box away from the older boy, feeling him tense up a bit when he brushed his fingertips at the back of Minseok’s hand. He placed it on the table before delicately untying the ribbon. When he lifted the lid, his eyebrows furrowed adorably.

“Minseok, is this a...” Luhan trailed off.

The older boy nodded quickly before bowing his head again, this time lower so that the crown of his head was levelled with the younger’s eye sight.

Luhan tilted his head in confusion before realizing what the boy in front of him wants to do. He got the item out of the box and placed it carefully on Minseok’s head.

As soon as the item was on Minseok’s head, he stood straight once more, his cheeks are now slightly pinkish red.

“Minseokkie...”

“Meow meow! Please don’t be sad, Luhannie!” Minseok childishly stated, white cat ears on his head and his fists were by his slightly chubby cheeks as he portrayed the perfect aegyo kitten in Luhan’s eyes.

Luhan was at lost for words at Minseok’s actions.

“I... Minseok... Why?”

The older boy just knelt and put his chin on Luhan’s legs and looked up at him. “Well, you said you wanted a cat. I don’t have the money to buy one and all the things you need for it, so I just thought of this instead.” He explained with the adorable cat-like expression on his face, but Luhan can clearly see that he was awkward while doing this because he was not used to openly show aegyo to anyone.

 

Luhan smiled and patted his soft hair. “You are too sweet for words, Minseokkie.”

 

Minseok readjusted his chin and just stared at the deer-like boy with big eyes. Luhan can see in his eyes that Minseok is still not comfortable with being like this to him. He carefully pushed him away and stood up before placing Minseok on his chair. Luhan sat on his lap before wrapping his arms around his Minseok’s neck.

 

“You didn’t really have to do this for me, you know.” Luhan reached up and flicking at his cat ears playfully.

“But I wanted to.”

“No, you were forced to.”

“...kind of—“

“See!” Luhan teased.

“N-No!” Minseok stammered.  “I wanted to but—you know that I don’t really do this and—I just wanted for you to be happy and—but this is kind of embarrassing—then again it’s worth it ‘cause I get to make you smile again—“

Luhan placed his free hand on Minseok’s mouth, eyes sparkling with amusement. “Okay, okay, I get it.”

Minseok just wrapped his arms around Luhan’s waist as he tucked his face into the boy’s neck.

“Hey, be careful with your ears!”

The cat-like boy pulled away with a pout on his face. “Meow, meow.”

Luhan smiled lovingly at him, placing a quick kiss on his cheek. “My cat is the best ever.”

“You know that this is just a rare thing, right?”

The wide eyed boy’s heart swelled when he saw that Minseok is now being himself again. “Is it really?” He kissed him on the nose.

Minseok jokingly scrunched up his nose before replying. “Yes, and please don’t address me as your cat in public, please.”

“Why not?” He playfully whined.

“Luhan, I honestly love it when you call me your boyfriend. And, I’m pretty sure that I would want to be your boyfriend than a pet.”

Luhan simply kissed his boyfriend sweetly before placing his forehead against his.

“Kim Minseok, the best boyfriend ever, also my very own campus cat.”


The school "set up" is based from my own school, so I apologize if the buildings sounds weird here, hehe~