burning

bittersweet
Please log in to read the full chapter
Hyunsik woke up to the sun streaming through the kitchen windows. He took in his surroundings, finding himself curled on the sofa, the sound of the birds singing outside but none of the others were around.  He had a strange dream last night. Hyunsik wasn't entirely sure, but it was something surreal, one of those scenarios where you can't quite work out it's real or a dream.  He remembered soft lips kissing his forehead delicately, and in his mind those lips belonged to a blonde boy. Those lips belonged to Ilhoon.  The realization of his dream made Hyunsik feel sick with guilt. Why would he dream of Ilhoon kissing him? Especially after the strawberry incident where Hyunsik felt ill just looking at Ilhoon being so close to Sungjae.  He shook the dream out of his head, as he stumbled to the cupboards and made himself some cereal.  Hyunsik sat at the table eating when Peniel walked in moments later.  "Morning," Peniel greeted him with bleary eyes and a wide smile.  "Morning, did you sleep well?" Hyunsik asked.  Peniel grabbed himself a bowl and some cereal, "Yes did you?" Hyunsik watched as Peniel splashed the milk over the cereal, it was practically swimming in it.  "I guess so, I don't really remember how I ended-" Hyunsik cut himself off.  "What?"  "Oh, nothing. Anyway, where are the others?" Hyunsik asked, registering the fact that it had just gone 11 o'clock and he was in a silent house with only himself and Peniel eating ceral.  "Changsub and Minhyuk are set on sleeping all day, Sungjae has got a schedule on set, and Eunkwang is getting ready to go grocery shopping," Peniel informed him, taking a huge spoonful and chewing slowly.  "What about Ilhoon?"  "The practice studios I guess," Peniel shrugged, "I heard someone leave when I was in the shower this morning so that's what I'm assuming."   And Peniel was right. When Hyunsik made his way to the practice room a few hours later he found Ilhoon sitting on the floor, with his hands behind him keeping him up and his head tipped back breathing heavily, although it was hard to tell because he was wearing a mask.   When Ilhoon heard the door close, he quickly turned to Hyunsik.  He stood stationary at the door, feeling his face heat up for an unknown reason. Hyunsik didn't know what possessed him to get a car to the centre of Seoul to visit Ilhoon in the practice room, but he did it anyway.  "Are you sick?" Hyunsik asked after a while, coming to sit next to him. Ilhoon shook his head, "But I think I might be getting sick. Too many late nights in a cold kitchen." Hyunsik nodded in response, playing with the hem of his sweatshirt.   "About that. What-why didn't you wake me up this morning?" Hyunsik asked quietly.  "What do you mean?"
Please log in to read the full chapter