HE DID.

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Good day, I’m Do Kyungsoo – I’m 23 years old, and I want to have a girlfriend already. I heard from a friend that you were a Match Maker and I was thinking if I could seek for some help? I tried my best not to fidget while I typed these words on an email for a certain site given to me. I am such a newbie to this, but I just think twenty-three is already too old to be single, up until now. Have I ever had a girlfriend? Well you can say I had before, during kindergarten but of course, I don’t consider it as real now at this age. I looked more closely into the screen of my laptop so I could check my message for the last time before clicking the send button.

“This is fine, right? I’m doing the right thing … right?”

I cleared my throat as I looked up to my bedroom’s ceiling. I never believed in such online dating sites – where you could find your ‘Match Made In Heaven’ according to some. Don’t you need to know this person first without any motive? In that way, you would know his or her real personality – always had that mind set on.  That was until I reached this age and still a ‘No Girlfriend Since Birth’ that I started thinking twice. Does it really matter if you date someone you personally know, or date someone you purposely met? “Son? Are you busy?” I shot up straight from my sitting position when I heard my Mom’s voice from outside my room.

“No I’m not busy, Eomma. Come in.”

“Dear? Are you sure you don’t have paper works? May I ask for a favor though?” My Mom went in with her usual bright smile that resembled mine.

I twirled my working chair around and looked at her with a smile. “Sure, Eomma. What is it?” I asked before I reached my right arm behind, on my laptop to close it. “I forgot that I’ve ran out of Red Bean Paste and I was thinking of you could run an errand for me to go to the supermarket?” She asked making me smile as I stood up to walk up to her. “Of course, is there anything else you want me to buy?” I asked and showed my affection by putting an arm over her shoulders. “Oh~ Maybe you could also buy some bean sprouts!” She snapped a finger as she added one more ingredient to buy, making me snigger while I leaned down to kiss her cheek with a smooching sound. I love my Mom so much – that sometimes, people tend to call me a Mama’s Boy. Who cares? Loving your Mom was never a bad thing.

“Anything for my beautiful Mom. I’m gonna go now.”

I let go of her to walk towards my bed where my jacket was lying on. I grabbed it and wore it right away. “I’m going to get a few bills for you.” Eomma spoke as she was about to leave when I stopped her. “C’mon, Eomma~ No need. I can use my money, no problem.” I answered with a grin as I grabbed on my wallet on the bedside table. “Are you sure? Well … Okay.” She muttered with a pout, “I’m going back to the kitchen, just call me when you’re back okay?” She added with a smile before leaving again. Once I was alone again, I turned my head back to the laptop. “What if … I forget about it.” I muttered to myself – slowly changing my mind about this stupid idea of Matching Making. I stomped back towards my laptop and opened it, “Right … This is stupid and I – …” My eyes almost popped out from its sockets when I saw a reply. I’m doomed – I didn’t even realize I actually clicked on the send button earlier. I unconsciously held on my breath for a while as I read each word on the reply.

 

Good day to you too, lonely boo~ I’m Sarang, your friendly Match Maker! You’re the first person to send an email for this day and so I was the one who read your message – usually my assistants do. You can go to our agency at Apgeujong, the address is located at the button of this site. Other discussions should be made personally, so see ya~ Love, Sarang <3

 

I fidget on my position again – feeling a big lump on my throat. “Is this right…” I stuttered out as my hand slowly closed the laptop. I heaved a sigh before walking towards the door of my bedroom. As I reached for the doorknob, I started thinking about it once again. “Is this right?” I asked again as if there was really someone with me. “What if she matches someone and the girl doesn’t really match?” Added the stupid girlfriendless, named Kyungsoo. Oh it’s me. Again, I sighed before finally going out of my room. I glanced at the entrance of the kitchen to see my Mom too busy on the carrots she was chopping so I just went out of the house without saying goodbye. I was in deep thought the whole ride. I’m doing the right thing… I’m an only child, Mom’s not getting any younger and she still wants to meet and take care of her grandchildren – which are still none-existent creatures.

“Kyungsoo, hwaiting.”

 

Reaching my destination, I picked a nice spot and parked my car there. “So… Red Beat Paste and… What else? Ah~ Bean Sprouts.” I spoke while checking my hair on the rear mirror. After I was sure I look fine, I grabbed my wallet on the passenger’s seat and finally hopped off the car. As I walk into the supermarket, my eyes started roaming around – seeing different kinds of girls. I started wondering what kind of girl would match me – a bubbly one? A quiet type like me? Those kinds of girls whom they call ‘feisty’ is also one question. I myself don’t know what kind of person I am for me to know who matches me. Maybe I really need some help, and so I’ll make sure to pay a visit on that Match Made In Heaven Agency. Shoving the thought off of my head, I rushed to the Cooking section and got a jar of Red Bean Paste. I was looking through different brands of it, when a girl stopped beside me and was trying to reach for something. “Let me help you…” I glanced at her before reaching for it myself. She’s cute – in a pastel-colored dress, her hair was let down in a loose waves, and she had dimples on. “Kamsahamnida.” She thanked me with her adorable voice that I swore sounded like angel. I started thinking, what if this type of girl can match me?

“No problem… Here.” I handed her the jar she was reaching and she grabbed it with both hands before giving out a bow again.

Should I start practicing how to approach girls? “Uh… Are you alone? Seems like, you have a lot of stuffs in there.” I pointed at her cart and she smiled a little – oh how cute her smile is. “It’s okay…” She answered and bowed once more – this girl is so polite, that I like it. “No, I don’t mind helping you.” I said trying to give off my best smile, as I try reaching for her cart until I heard a male voice clearing his throat. I slowly peeked my head behind her to see a tall guy. “It’s okay, thanks.” The girl smiled and turned to the guy who quickly put his arm around her. Oh , wrong move. The two left and I turned away before slapping my own forehead. “Aigoo Do Kyungsoo…” I mentally scolded myself for actually trying to checking a taken girl out.

This is why I’m always scared to do it myself.

I went to the vegetables section and got what I needed fast so I could leave right away. I don’t have the guts to meet the couple from earlier again – I need to hide myself fast. I paid as fast as I can and literally ran my life out of the supermarket – and I don’t even know why I’m too embarrassed of what I did. When I got into the car, I made a blowfish as I grasp on the steering wheel. Now grabbing my phone, I’ve decided to check on the said address of the Agency on the site. I read it carefully and used my GPS for it. “Checking the place wouldn’t hurt…” I told myself as I start the engine. I need to know first if what I’m entering is legit and trouble-free.

So it only took me around 15 minutes to reach the address, and I stopped at the narrow parking space right in front of it.

Going out of my car, my eyes were stuck at the sign board of the shop. “This seems… clean.” I muttered unconsciously while scratching the back of my neck. First, I thought it would be some kind of dirty, illegal place but good thing it actually looks like a real agency. Beside my car, was another car that I ended up looking at. A girl came out and I gulped. There are girls seeking for help too? I never thought of that, because boys usually do this right? As she was walking towards the entrance, I followed behind cause I didn’t want to go there alone – embarrassing. “Uh… Miss. Annyeonghaseyo, Do Kyungsoo imnida… Uh…  Are you here for Match Make too?” I bowed before speaking. She turned to me a little flustered of my approach, fine I know I look awkward and stuffs. She only smiled as we started walking side by side into the entrance. “I didn’t know girls also go here for help. Boys are the one who searches and chases, not the girls right?” I asked and as I realized what I said, I regretted it right away because she would surely be offended. Bad mouth, Kyungsoo. “Woah, got some pride there.” She said and let out a chuckle before looking straight ahead again. “No, I didn’t mean to sound rude. I just really thought… boys only do this.” I tried explaining myself and gave a little bow. “You seem like a nice guy, but you have a lot of thoughts in mind that you don’t usually let out. You seem like a guy who judges a person in your mind while smiling. I think the Match Maker would have a hard time on finding a girl for you.” She spoke with a slight smirk, and now I’m kind of offended by that.

“Excuse me?”

“Ooh~ Are you offended?” She asked before completely speeding her pace – letting her stilettos click on the tiled floor. Is she saying I’m fake? Fine, what I said was slightly wrong but I didn’t mean to. I am now mentally wishing for the girl now to find her match – if I have a bad side, she also has. I stayed on my position for a while to calm myself out, cause I don’t usually receive such judgments. “Calm down… Just don’t associate with her. You don’t know her, an it’s not right to get angry at a stranger.” I reminded myself while patting my chest and after a few more seconds, I started walking again. My chest started throbbing in so much nervousness as I neared the door. It’s just 9 in the morning so maybe that’s why there’s no much people here – or there isn’t really much costumers? I don’t know too, but who cares.

“A-annyeonghaseyo…”

“Good day, Sir~ How may I help you?” a girl in a counter greeted me with a 90 degrees bow and I went to her. “Ah… I haven’t really set an appointment yet but… I’m just here to check this place actually…” I explained with a light smile, and the girl looked through the papers. “But you’re already on the set lists, Sir.” The girl said and showed me the clipboard, and I was even on the latest person on list. “N-ne? I haven – How?” I asked in much confusion but the girl already lead me to the Match Maker’s Office. “B-but wait… I haven’t signed up yet.” I said but the door was already opened and once my eyes fell on what’s inside, my eyes bulged out.

I saw the girl from earlier – sitting right on the big Office Chair, looking straight at me with her smirk.

“Why come in~” She spoke and I gulped in nervousness. I wasn’t supposed to sign up for this really soon. But since I’m already here, I stepped into the office and gently closed the door. As our eyes met again – I started fidgeting again. Not being able to hold on it anymore, I rushed towards her table and made a ninety-degrees bow for apology. “I’m really sorry about earlier, I didn’t know it was you and I was – “ my words were cut off when she let out a loud chuckle. I glanced at her hesitantly and she pointed at the chair in front of the table. “Have a seat Mr… Do Kyungsoo.” She offered and I hesitantly sat there and fiddled with my fingers. “I… I wasn’t really planning to… sign up this soon. I was just…” I glanced at her again with my hesitant pair of eyes.

“I have a quite good memory and I know you were the first email I read this morning, didn’t expect to see you today too.” She spoke and tilted her head to the side as if she was looking through my soul. She looked so intimidating that I was scared – is this a match maker? Why the hell is she so scary? “I kind of… misunderstood earlier so…” I gulped while scratching the back of my neck – I can’t even do eye-contact. “Is it your first time to do this?” “Actually I do and I – “Have you had a girlfriend before?” She started bombarding me with questions that I can’t even answer all at the same time.  “M-may I answer slowly?” I asked making her chuckle – okay fine, I made a fool out of myself.

“You get nervous fast, but you have a lot in mind like I told you earlier. You seem not so approachable but you badly want to approach. You check out girls too, even if you don’t look like one. You seem to also focus on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter