Chapter 1

Piano

“Hey Tiff, kindly hand me the apple.” said Jessica, best friend of Tiffany.

“Sure.” Tiffany replied as she smiled.

Today is Jessica’s birthday. They went to supermarket to buy ingredients, they’re going to use for tonight.

“It’s been two years now, right?” asked Jessica.

“Two years?”

“Yeah, since you and Taeyeon broke up.”

“Oh, remind me about that.”

“Anyway, why did you two broke up?”

“Like what you said, it’s been two years, so why are you asking me now?”

“I mean, you two really fit together.”

Tiffany was in daze when she saw someone she did not expect to see.

“Tiff, are you- - “Jessica followed where Tiffany was staring, and then she saw Taeyeon near them.

“Look who’s here” Jessica said in a teasing tone.

“Shhh.” Tiffany said as she looks again at Taeyeon.

“Do you think he saw us?”

“Maybe, he’s so near.” replied Jessica. “Hey Taeyeon.”

“Hey Jessica, hi Tiffany.” Taeyeon greeted them.

“Oh, I didn’t know you’re here.” said Tiffany as if she did not saw him earlier.

“Long time no see.” said Taeyeon.

“Yeah.”

“Do you have anything to do tonight?” asked Jessica.

“Uhmm, nothing. Why?”

“It’s my birthday today. We’re going to have a small party tonight at my place. Wanna come?”

Tiffany did not expect this to happen.

“Sure.”

“Hey Tae, I’ve been looking for you.” said the petite girl as she pecked Taeyeon’s cheek.

“Guys, she’s my girlfriend, Sunny.” Taeyeon introduced his new girlfriend.

Jessica and Tiffany were taken aback of what Taeyeon said.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Jessica greeted hesitantly.

“Sunny, she’s my friend, Jessica and the other one is Tiffany, she’s my…uhmm…my friend also.”

“Nice to meet you. I think we should go now, Taeng.” said Sunny.

“Ah, yes. See you later guys.” Taeyeon said as he bid goodbye.

The two friends were still in shock of what happened earlier.

“You seemed affected of what happened earlier. Why? Can’t you get over him?” asked Jessica.

“Of course not!” shouted Tiffany.

“Whoa, what’s with the yelling?” asked Sooyoung as he hugged his girlfriend Jessica.

“Hey Soo.” Jessica said as she hugged him back.

“What happened here?” asked Sooyoung.

“Well, Tiff just saw her ex at the market.” replied Jessica.

“You mean Taeyeon? Isn’t he in States?”

“He said that he just returned yesterday because of his parents.” Tiffany said as she rolled her eyes.

Five hours passed by for the preparation for the party, they are all ready for tonight. Many of their friends are starting to come.

“Hey happy birthday Jess.” greeted Hyoyeon. “Hi Fany.” she added.

“Hey guys!” said Yuri.

They are almost complete, but someone is still missing. They are now ready when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” said Tiffany as she stood up to open the door and when she opened it…

“Hello Fany-ah.” greeted Taeyeon. Taeyeon came but he’s not alone, he’s with his girlfriend.

“Hi.” Tiffany greeted back in a low voice. “Come in.”

“Thanks.”

They are gathered at the floor to play spin the bottle.

“It’s you Sunny- unnie.” said Seohyun.

“Truth or dare?” asked Jessica.

“Uhmm…dare.”

“I dare you to…kiss Taeyeon.” Jessica said as she looked to Tiffany who’s silent for the whole time. Tiffany knew what’s in Jessica’s mind.

“That’s so easy.” Sunny said as she pulled Taeyeon, and kiss him on the lips. Tiffany just pretended that she did not see what happened.

“You’re next unnie.” said Yoona.

“Truth or dare?” asked Jessica.

“Truth.” Tiffany answered immediately.

“Have you moved on with your past relationship?" asked Jessica. Even Sooyoung stopped her. Tiffany was shocked with Jessica’s question. It took 5 seconds for her to answer.

“Yes.” Tiffany said while looking at Taeyeon’s eyes. Then Taeyeon just hung his head low.

“I’ll just get something in the kitchen.” Tiffany said as she stood up.

“Let me help you.” said Taeyeon.

“I can do it by myself.” Tiffany said as she turned around, but Taeyeon grabbed her hand.

“Please.” Taeyeon insisted. Tiffany saw that Taeyeon was sincere, and let him. Their friends were just staring at them, as if they were thinking that the two wanted to bring up the past. Until now, Sunny doesn’t have any idea, that the girl that Taeyeon introduced earlier was his ex.

The two are now at the kitchen.

“So it’s true, that you already moved on.” said Taeyeon.

“No. You’re the one who’s moved on.” Tiffany said as she washed her hand in the sink. Taeyeon put his hands in Tiffany’s shoulders and turned her to look directly in his eyes.

“Look, Tiffany. I’m sorry if I hurt you. I didn’t mean it.” Taeyeon said as he looked at Tiffany’s eyes. Tiffany tried to avoid his gaze, because she might fall for him again.

“Don’t you think it’s too late? Saying sorry?” asked Tiffany. Taeyeon wasn’t able to answer. Tiffany didn’t say anything and went out of the kitchen. She went at the living room, where her friends were.

“Guys, I’ll go ahead. I’m tired. Really tired.” Tiffany said as she grabbed her bag.

“But, Tiff! We’re supposed to be having fun.” Jessica said as she stood up.

“I know, but I feel my head is going to explode and I feel like I’m gonna pass out.” Tiffany said as hugged Jessica. “Okay. I understand. Do you want Sooyoung to drive you home?”

“No thanks. I think, I can still handle myself. Just have fun.” answered Tiffany. She just went out of the house without looking back. They saw Taeyeon heading out of the kitchen, and asked him what happened.

“Taeng, do you know what happened to her?” asked Sooyoung.

“I don’t have any idea.”

“Maybe you annoyed her.” said Sunny.

“No I didn’t. We just…talked.” Taeyeon said like he’s hiding something.

“Okay.”

Tiffany was getting ready to sleep, when she heard someone playing piano. She stood up from her bed, she opened the door to her balcony to see who was playing in the middle of the night. And then she heard someone singing from afar.

Dreams, that’s where I have to go

To see your beautiful face anymore

I stare at a picture of you and listen to the radio

Tiffany grabbed her jacket and wore it. She descended to the stairs. When she opened the front door, she didn’t expect the one who was singing. She saw Taeyeon, outside her house, playing the piano while singing. She looked at Taeyeon.

Hope, hope there’s a conversation, we both admit we had it good

But until then it’s alienation I know that much is understood

And I realize…

Tiffany walked towards Taeyeon and she saw Taeyeon smiled. The lightning struck, loud thunder could be heard, and the hard rain poured.

If you ask me how I’m doing, I would say I’m doing just fine I would lie and say that you’re not on my mind

But I go out and I sit down at a table set for two

And finally I’m forced to face the truth No matter what I say I’m… Not over you

Taeyeon stood up and walked toward Tiffany. There was a small gap between them, and they can feel each other’s breath.

“That song is for you.” said Taeyeon.

“Wait, what?” Tiffany asked, confusion can be heard from her tone.

“I’m still not over you, Tiffany. I thought when I go and find someone else, I would forget you and what I did. But I was wrong. When I saw you yesterday, I felt it. I’m really sorry if I hurt your feelings.” Taeyeon closed his eyes, and get himself ready for Tiffany to slap him, because of what he did, but he received nothing, instead Tiffany hugged him. She hugged him tight as she whispered something in Taeyeon’s ear.

“But what about your girlfriend?”

“You mean, ex- girlfriend.”

“You broke up because of me?”

“No! Of course not. But if it’s needed I would.”

“But…”

“Look, we already broke up a few weeks ago before I came back here. We just pretended that we are still together for my parents because they are worried about my past relationship with you. They are right. I can’t still move on.”

Tiffany punched him hard on his shoulder.

“What was that for?” Taeyeon asked while holding the spot where Tiffany hit him. 

That’s for not telling me the truth.” answered Tiffany.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous the whole time we were together.” Taeyeon said in a teasing tone.

“No I’m not.” Tiffany denied.

“Really? Cause you’re blushing right now.”

Tiffany ran away from him, but Taeyeon chased after her. They are extremely wet, but they didn’t bother. They were chasing each other. Tiffany tripped, but Taeyeon was fast enough and was able to catch her. He pulled Tiffany closer to him and hugged her tight.

“I love you.” whispered Taeyeon.

“I love you too.” Tiffany said while blushing.

Taeyeon kissed her head, down to her nose, and lastly, he captured her lips.

“I will never let you go. I will always be here for you. Always…and forever