Coming Back

Complications

 

 


I was looking out the window of the airplane thinking...

"American girl!" these were the very first words that came out of Tiffany's mouth when I first met her. She was the new transfer student, and from that moment, I knew she'd be the most embarrassing, loudest, and all around annoyingly happy girl I'd ever meet. Despite all that, she became my best friend. The loud mushroom everyone grew to like , she was like my polar opposite. We competed together in just about everything, we were like frenemies, but she was the one I could count on for everything. She made me feel safe when I was with her. I can't believe it's been 5 years since I was with her... Tiffany I need you right now...

"You know you're the only one I want in my life right? My bestfriend, my soulmate, you'll forever be my Ice Princess" Ice Princess... I miss how he'd call me that, I miss his voice, his scent, the way he'd hug me everyday, and more than anything, the way he'd make my heart beat faster everytime I see him. He was one of the few things Tiffany and I never competed about, she knew he and I were meant for each other, she knew I loved him more than anything in the world, and she knew he felt the same way about me. We were perfect for eachother, we said we'd never leave eachother, but look at us now it's been 5 years since my hearts beat for him... Donghae I miss you...

Everythinging was going great and I was happy, we were happy; but everything changed when I had to move back to America. My dad's business was growing and we had to go back to the main headquarters in San Francisco. I really didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to be away from my family. Donghae and Tiffany understood, so we promised to keep in touch, but...

We couldn't handle being in a long distance relationship, so Donghae and I decided to break up. I still love him, but it's to hard for me knowing he can't hold me in his arms everyday and make my heartbeat. And Tiffany, we were so busy with our own lives that we began to lose touch, I'm afraid to call her up, thinking she probably has new and better friends, friends who would make her feel safe all the time. Tiffany, I wish you were here with me , I really need you right now...

My dad just died and my mom wants me and my sister to go back to Korea, for me to take care of the company there and for Krystal, my sister, to go to school there. I haven't tried to contact Tiffany and Donghae yet, to tell them I'm coming back. If I did would Donghae still love me? Would Tiffany be my friend again? It hurt too much knowing there's a possibility that the answer to my questions would be "no".

I felt like I was going to cry. Maybe during this 13 hour flight I might feel better and decide to call them. My eyes became heavy and soon I fell into deep sleep.

I was walking along the trail at the park. It's winter, and yet no snow is falling. I'm getting tired and sit on a near by bench. 

"Come on Jessica." A figure calls out to me, it's the same voice I keep hearing in my dreams. I've never actually seen who was calling me, that was until today. The figure comes closer and closer telling me to get up. The figure was only a few feet a way and I could see that it was a woman. She was taller than me, slightly more curvy, she moves closer and she was like an angel sent from heaven above. She was wearing all white, her dark skin and long black hair made her very visible as snow fell from the sky and covered the park until it was all white.

"Who are you?" I knew I'd remember her face forever... 


"Attention passengers, please buckle your seat belts as we prepare for landing..." 

I was so shocked when the plane landed roughly, and I awoke from my dream. We're here. I still wasn't sure if I should call them, but for some reason my heart was telling me everything was going to be okay even if I don't call them.

As I was going over to the baggage claim area, I saw her. The girl I see in my dreams every night. She looks back at me, we stare at each other, she smiles (like in my dream, she looks like an angel, but even more beautiful in person) and my heart can't help but beat faster and faster. She's walking over, oh no what should I do? I try to walk I away, but my feet won't move, as she moves closer my heart beats faster.

"Hey I missed you!" she yells as she passes by me. I turn around and a beautiful girl behind me is smiling, they hug and my heart feels like it might break.

Who is she?