The Beginning

Missing You

Author’s POV

Yoorin saw herself in the middle of a massive crowd. Bwo… why am I here?

“Yoorin-ah…” a familiar voice called up, the same time she felt a sudden pressure on her hands.

Yoorin looked up and saw her father’s face. She felt her tears cascading down her cheeks as she gripped her father’s hand tighter. “Appa… Don’t leave me.”

“Yoorin-ah… Uljima. Appa will always be here.” Her father then let go of her hand to make a heart sign with his arms over his head. “Saranghae, Yoorinnie~ Appa loves Yoorin and Eomma~” Mr. Ji sang as he faded out of Yoorin’s view.

“Appa! Appa!” Yoorin called out crying, but to no avail. As she did this, everything else slowly disappeared.

Yoorin opened her eyes to the sight if her bedroom walls.

She rubbed her damp eyes and sat up. She looked up at the portrait of Ji Hongsik with a small smile. “Yah. Appa, I had a dream about you again. You told me you’d always be here… but you broke your promise.” Yoorin pouted at her father’s portrait teasingly before she broke into a small smile. “Bogossipeoyo, appa. Saranghae.”

Yoorin looked up at the clock beside her bed and saw that it was only 5:00am. She sighed.

“I might as well get ready…” She muttered to herself as she got up from bed and started preparing for school, even though their classes didn’t start for another 3 hours.

Once she was dressed for school, she went downstairs to say goodbye to her mom only to find her sleeping on the couch with a pile of papers---patients’ papers­--- scattered on their coffee table, with her father’s picture lying on top of them.

Even the busiest doctor has the time to miss you, appa. Yoorin thought as she went over to her mom to give her a kiss goodbye on the forehead.

Just as she finished doing this, Dr. Ji a.k.a. Mrs. Ji woke up. “Omo. Baby, you’re awake already?” Yoorin chuckled at her mom’s disheveled appearance, it was so unlike her usual, professional look.   “Wait, let me go get Joohee-unnie to make you breakfast.” Her mom told her, bolting right up to call their helper.

“Ani, eomma. Just let her rest... You too. You have an operation today, nae? Go back to sleep so that you’re in good condition for later.” Yoorin told her mom lovingly as she kissed the top of her head.

“Aigoo, my baby is taking her of her mom. So sweet. But why so early, Yoorinnie?” Mrs. Ji asked curiously.

“Aish, it’s appa’s fault.” Yoorin told her jokingly. “He came to me in my dream, telling me he loves us before disappearing into thin air.”

“Aigoo. That Hongsik… not even paying his wife a visit as well…” Mrs. Ji made a tsk tsk sound before smiling at the memory of her late husband. She ten snapped out of her thoughts and tuned to her daughter. “Well, baby how are you going to eat? You can’t skip breakfast… I’ll whip something up real quick.”

Yoorin chuckled at her overly-caring mom. “Eomma, I’m a big girl now. I can take care of myself.” She then ran over towards the door to wave goodbye, “I’ll be going now, eomma.”

Once she was out the door, Yoorin walked towards the nearby convenience store to buy herself a carton of milk and some cookies before going directly to school.

The gates of Gwangcheon High School were barely open when Yoorin arrived.

Since there were hardly any people in sight in the school buildings, she figured she’d walk around the school grounds to pass the time. With her messenger bag slung on her shoulder and the plastic bag of goods on hand, she strode around the school’s track field taking in the sweet scent of the cherry blossom trees wafting in the cool morning air.

She looked at the trees lining the pathways in awe.

They’re so beautiful. Vibrant, yet peaceful. It’s too bad, in a month or so… they’ll be gone. Yoorin thought wistfully as she continued to look up at the blossoms slowly starting to make their way to the ground.

After a few minutes of gazing at the trees, Yoorin decided to sit at the bottom of the biggest one so that she could get a better glimpse of the entirety of the school. She didn’t realize that moments later, she’d fall asleep right then and there.

She woke up to the vague sounds of guitar strumming. She blinked her eyes open to see that the sun was high up. Yoorin shot up in panic. Omo. I slept.

She looked around to see that there were no students lingering around the school grounds---except for her… and the boy strumming his guitar next to her. She could see his tall form from her peripherals.

She coughed.

“Uhh… excuse me.” Yoorin leaned closer to make sure the boy was hearing her.

“Oh… nae?” The boy’s deep voice echoed as he turned around to face her.

He had big round eyes that greatly contrasted his masculine voice and jet black hair also contrasting the paleness of his skin.

Yoorin, who was too preoccupied in her own panic, didn’t take notice of the boy’s good looks.

“Uhm… Did the school bell ring already?” She asked.

“Nae.”

“Eh?!” Yoorin reacted before picking up her bag and bolting right up. “Okay, kamsahamnida!” She said with a swift bow in the boy’s direction before speeding off, not even bothering to ask his name, or why he wasn’t in class.

The boy found this extremely odd, given the natural ‘curiosity’ that lurks within the souls of practically every student he knows in this school. But he didn’t call after her. Instead, he went back to strumming his guitar as if he didn’t have a care in the world.

He scooted over to where Yoorin had sat, back to his usual spot and felt something squish beneath him. He picked up the plastic bag containing Yoorin’s milk and cookies and smiled.

If there was one thing Park Chanyeol knew he and the girl from earlier had in common, it was their love for milk and cookies. Little did he know, there was more to this trivial fact that would cause their paths to cross again.

 


Hello guys! vanadium_elmm and superumbrella062712

Hahaha. Thank you so much for reading! (Mars, salamat kahit na pinilit lang kita hahaha) ^^

I know this isn't much but I hope you'll still read this till the end anyway. :D

So yeah, I find this chapter a but boring but I promise it will get better in the succeeding ones!

Anyway, if you're reading this, the it means you viewed the story, and that's more than enough for me, actually! :D

Oh wait, you can add me up too! Hahaha. I'd like some friends, thank you..

If you're interested in friends don't hesitate to ADD ME UP. :))))

And if you're interested in the story, please do comment if you can. 

I'd like some help with my writing because I want to be good at it. Hehe.

And I just LOVE hearing from you. :D

:D Anyways, Thank you for reading! Saranghae!