You can't help it if you're stupid

All dressed up & ready to go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello there! Well today is the day for posting the first chapter. Im a little bit nervous because is the first time I write so I hope you like it. I'll be very happy if you leave some comments for me! Thanks and good reading

*My firts language isn't English so if there are mistakes, sorry u.u *

Himawari ✿

 

The definition of university according to a high brand dictionary is “An institution for higher learning with teaching and research facilities typically including a graduate school and professional schools.. …bla bla bla”

University according to a nerd is “The stage of life when you become an adult. Hence, you become mature and you have to do your homework no matter what. A stage in which you have just to focus on studying hard because is the last stage which will lead youngsters to real life. When you forget about parties and clubs and you stay up late in order to complete duties instead…bla bla bla  ”

But for others university is  “the stage in which you can do whatever your body can bear with. As you are an adult you can go wherever you want without being scolded, you can go with friends and arrive home late or not arrive until the next morning if possible. And the last but not the least. Is the stage in which you can find love; to love and be loved.  The love of your life may be somewhere there waiting for you with open arms. That’s why many young boys and girls want to go to the university, to experience love. To date every single day, go to the cinema every evening and feed each other with pop corns, make piggy back to the lady, wear couple clothes, etc. Homework can wait, love cannot!! “

But even if university means all of that is not always possible for everyone, less if said person is barely aware of worldwide fashion, has at least tried to have a word with girls or even worse, has barely interacted with humans beings.

And this precisely happens with our main character here. Jang Wooyoung 17 years old boy; chubby cheeks, curtained hair, kind of nerdy actually, the best baseball player during his high school period. Through his busy teenager life he couldn’t pay attention to another thing beyond baseball. 365 days of the year, 4 seasons, every single damn afternoon Wooyoung played baseball. But he decided that once he finished high school, he would wear stylish clothes, get himself an appropriate hairstyle, devote himself to love and fall in love…

“World I’m ready for youuuuu”-……

*

*

*

Said nerdy boy is now standing in front of the magnificent Soul University’s big wooden door, ready to conquer thousands of pretty good-body shape girls, their hearts and souls or at least is what he innocently thought at first when he closed behind his back the door of his tidy room . Life is never easy boy.

During his high school life there wasn’t anything as important as baseball for nerdy Woo. Risky, beloved, funny, exciting. That was baseball for Wooyoung. The bate was the girl’s body and the matches were the dates. Fortunately or unfortunately that time has been left behind and now Wooyoung is very aware that he can’t marry baseball, the sport can’t give him babies nor he can’t introduce baseball to his mom as his new girlfriend, definitely NO! So he has promised himself he won’t play baseball ever again to get a girlfriend instead. He is a grown man now; he has to act and think as one. However, there’s a tiny-huge issue that Wooyoung has to deal with…he’s a terrorist of fashion, he doesn’t have the minimal idea of how to go around with girls, deal with them or something related to the opposite . He’s lost in this jungle of hormones, y girls and dates.

*

*

*

It was a cold Monday morning; students were passing by wearing snug cozy coats, trying to arrive on time to the first class of the new term. Everything seemed perfect, impeccably neat. But just one lonely boy was standing in the central courtyard checking out girls, praying to all gods and goddess that one of these females would pose their eyes on him, but still nothing. God being the he is, does not comply whims, less for naïve boys like Wooyoung.  The chill of the weather was consuming his bones and skin but his will was stronger than all those minimal issues. He would find love at any cost.

“Why nobody is interested on me? I chose my best outfit but still those girls don’t look at me. I’ve been standing here for two hours, doesn’t anyone realized that?”-

The boy mouthed, sadness could be detected on his voice. But being sincere who would look at someone who was wearing blue baggy pants, a Square Pants ugly yellow T-shirt and formal shoes? Like really???Actually all the girls who were passing close to him were trying to run far away but if they had done something like that, it could have been very rude of them. Instead they just kept a safe distance from the weird yellowish boy and pretended that nobody was standing there.  

When all his hopes crashed down and he was ready to give up and go to class, a bunch of gigantic boys passed by running like a herd of buffalos during mating season tackling the poor creature on the process. He didn’t have the chance to react when he was already on the floor.

“Damn calm down you’ll step on me….heeeelp!!-“

Woo was screaming like a mad girl who watches a cockroach in her bathroom. He tried to imitate a fetus position to prevent harm in his lovely baby face.

When the big mass was way from him, he stood up dusting his clothes from all the dirt of the floor.  

“Oh man, now I’m all dirty, my precious clothes damn it!!  I’m totally lost”

1…2…3…

“What the Hell!! Where’s my shoe? Those pricks stole my shoe. I ain’t going anywhere like this-“

The boy frowned while looking around to find the missing shoe, probably those huge boys kicked it far or even someone could have taken it away to make a little and inoffensive joke to the puppy eyes boy. It was the worst day of his university life, if you could name those first 2 hours a calamity.  He was still looking at the floor trying to get a glimpse of his shoe but still nothing, probably he ought to go to class with one on. He started to think in several possibilities. Maybe it would be better going back home and take another pair with him, but if he did that his mom would surely interviewed him with her endlessly questions. No, he didn’t want to listen now a whole lecture. Okay option 2. Maybe someone had another pair of shoes in their backs or lockers but…who would lend their shoes to a total stranger who is all dirty and has just shoe on? He even thought about it and if it were his case, he would totally run away from someone like that.   Besides, he had to look for someone with the same feet size. It was too much trouble for a damn shoe. Definitely this wasn’t working at all. He was getting frustrated; really life didn’t want him to win in this war of love.

As he was totally lost in his thoughts trying to come up with more ideas, he didn´t notice a presence approaching slowly to him. He didn’t care either. Probably was some student who wanted to make fun of him due to his current position, so he decided to let it go and keep thinking.

Suddenly a hand poked out from nowhere holding a very ugly shoe.

–“You dropped this, mmm more like it flew”

Wooyoung looked up to find perfection. A manly tall boy with thick eyebrows, cinnamon hair color and perfect nose and jaw gave back the shoe to the puzzled owner who looked miserable on the floor even dirtier, more after the stampede.

Wooyoung was still in total awe. He could swear that he saw how the breeze was touching the boy hair and all the sun rays were directly illuminating the boy's face as he spoke. He didn’t get the previous words before causing some irritation in the other.

-Hey! Watch out your shoes boy and get up from the floor, you look like Cinderella there scrubbing floors”

The tall boy turned his face selfless still handing over the shoe to the other boy. The chubby cheeks boy was pulling himself together, receiving and putting his shoe on its original place. Not really sure if it was time to feel embarrassed or thankful or both…. He wanted to run.

“Hey thanks buddy a bunch of animals ran and….”

He had not even finished saying his last sentence when the mysterious boy had already disappeared from sight. Anyways, Woo wasn't delighted at all by the boy. Well just a little bit, he looked like someone popular. But now he just felt relieved for having his shoe back. He would thank to the guy any other time. Now he had to go to classes if he didn't want to get into troubles with his mom or with the new teacher. The adventure had already begun!

*

*

*

Time passed by and Woo was already used to his daily routine. 1.- Arrive to school wearing his best outfit (according to him of course), 2.- stand by himself in the central courtyard and wait for the love of his life to arrive and jump into his embrace. Of course it never happened or happens or will happen. 3.- Wait more and more. But even with the inclement weather Woo was trying hard, fighting against everything. Just like Shrek trying to rescue Fiona. He won’t graduate from this damn school without a damn pretty and y girlfriend, no sir!! Sadly life is a and his method was being a total fail. Standing in the same place for hours wasn’t working. Even some students started to call him Stray Woo because he was there every single morning, not asking for money but love.  He decided to let it pass for that day and go to his classroom to listen to the damn boring lecture his English teacher would give them by sure.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter