Subway

Subway
In Yonghwa's opinion, they should really build more trains, build more train stations so the crowd would be carefully be spread out and he would not have to know what the old man behind him had for breakfast. He wishes he could just reach into his bag and spray the man with his cologne because why would you have a cheese sandwich smothered with onions earlier than seven in the morning? Well, he is not fit to judge because he eats cereal at midnight instead of having them for breakfast. 
 
In other news, he is going to get detention for the second time this week if the train does not arrive soon because he signed an agreement with his section head to stop being late using his hometown as a reason to be late. Well, it is not as he is as lucky as the rich lads in his class who has personal drivers to drive their ing asses everywhere they want. Being one of the scholarship holders in the cohort puts him in a tight spot. He often finds his locker being rummaged through, finding his important notes missing. Ever since that incident, Yonghwa came up with an idea to make fake copies of his notes, making sure all of the information on them are completely false. Watching his classmates looked at him smugly before they look at the huge 'F' on top of their test papers brought him such glee but he kept his face composed as they stare right at him. Although they thanked him by punching his guts, he remained quiet regarding their bullying, not wanting the school to use that reason to revoke his scholarship; he needs this to lessen the burden on his mother. 
 
He takes a glance at the railroad, smiling when he sees it approaching. Okay, here is the second hardest thing of his morning other than having to speed walk for an hour uphill to get to the train station. He holds onto his duffel bag; knowing it would be tougher to get in when the commuters refuse to follow the rule of letting the ones in the train out before letting yourself in because apparently they would die to wait for the next train which arrives every two minutes. Before he could even process it in his head, he is being shoved into the train by several businessmen in tailored suits. Ironic how their behavior betrays their appearance. Yonghwa should stop judging people by their appearances; it is always the silent ones. 
 
He grits his teeth, trying his best not to bump into another student in front of him. He wants to scream because he is too close in proximity and he can smell the fruity scent of her shampoo and he should not but he is getting intoxicated by her perfume. She blinks a few times, watching Yonghwa suddenly leans against her. He apologises immediately, noticing her uniform and name-tag  Seo Joo Hyun which he realises they might cross paths again because they are schoolmates. What a way to start his morning. 
 
Yonghwa attempts to keep his distance but by the next station, there are move shoving and pushing. He notices Joohyun fidget uncomfortably in front of him while keeping her eyes on her shoes. He catches a glimpse of what is happening to her, an unknown man with his hand caressing her back. Yonghwa immediately pulls her into his embrace, turning her away from the man. 
 
"Bear with me for a while." He whispers into her ears as she nods. 
 
The journey to their academy is long, and bumpy but it makes two people's day in that short moment. 
 
A/N: the train timings etc are based on the ones we have in singapore bc i have only experienced singapore traffic it big time but meh