Glitter and Sparkles

Hallway Cat

A particular afternoon brought our quiet little home into quite the disarray suddenly. The doorbell ringing continuously caused Choco to bark excitedly with it as Donghae would only stare at me in confusion.

 

Reaching for the door knob and pulling the door back, I was knocked down by what had seemed like a ball of hair that had torpedoed my position. "Hyukkie! How are you? I haven't seen you in so long! You seem smaller! Hi, Choco!"

 

Blinking out the mild surprise and getting myself up from the floor, I could see my sister Sora who had by now taken Choco in her arms and lifted her up in the air while the two of them spun about.

 

"Sora," I sighed out, "will there actually be a time when you enter my apartment like a normal person?"

 

Ceasing her babbling speech that she had going on with Choco and setting her down, she quickly headed back to my general direction and entangled me in her embrace. "Why would I not come to visit you, little brother? Especially when I hear there's a plus one with you nowadays," she stated looking back at Donghae who was cautiously staring at us from behind the island of the apartment's kitchen.

 

A mild look of panic overcame Donghae's features as she was soon draped over him as well.

 

Sighing once more as I ran a hand through my hair in mild annoyance, "there is no 'plus one' here. Where would you get such a ridiculous idea?"

 

"Oh?" Turning back to face me but with her hands lingering on Donghae's shoulders, a frown cut into her features. "But Siwon said that he had seen you around the park apparently very cozy with someone, which by finding someone here, I can only assume that this is the culprit." She turned back at Donghae with her extremely shining smile she always gave to new people she met. "My name is Sora! I'm this brat's sister,” she shot as she pointed a thumb to me, “I hope he isn't causing you much trouble."

 

Her persistent smile seemed to loosen up her victim as he nodded at her lightly in reply mumbling out his name.

 

"Ah! What a pretty name!" Placing an arm over his shoulder, she dragged him closer to me and let him go as she flung herself over the sofa. "So, if he's not your plus one, who is he?"

 

Shaking my head and taking out a chair from the small dining set to sit across from her, I made sure to explain that Donghae was just a friend who was crashing here for a while. Although, that story is starting to become old seeing as it's been almost half a year now that I think about it....

 

Shooing my thoughts away, as she was chatting him up a mile a minute, I caught on to her asking what Donghae did for a living.

 

By now, as Donghae's cat spells had become less of common occurrence, we had settled on that he was a volunteer at the pet shelters, which was mildly true as went almost every other weekend to at least see that the animals went to good homes.


 

After too long a time, settling down on the sofa with a book on my hands as Donghae bid Sora goodbye after dinner, he found his way on my lap as was per diem as of late. his hair as he settled in for a quick nap, I could only apologize to my companion for the sudden loud company we had this evening.

 

"Don't worry about it. I like seeing more people that know you. It's nice to know more," shifting in his position so that he was facing me, I could notice a soft smile on his features which I returned along with a light ruffle of his hair as I continued away with my book as he drifted away into sleep.

 

-----

 

Walking into my apartment a few days later after work, not fully paying attention to Donghae and Sora who were clearly watching a movie, I suddenly heard him ask "is that what you guys look like underneath?"

 

Stopping in my place as my backpack slammed on the floor as a figure was on the screen and Donghae was side eyeing Sora, "what.... what in the world are you showing him?!?" I mostly yelled as I ran to cover the screen.

 

"Don't be such a prude, Hyukjae!" Pulling me to sit between the two of them so they could continue watching their movie, the thought of Donghae's question clearly lost in the fray as I noticed that they were watching Titanic together.

 

As I had relaxed myself more against the sofa, Donghae was quick to assume his position with his head on my lap while he continued watching which was something that Sora raised an eyebrow at and shoot me a sly smile for and turned her sight back at the movie. My concentration was suddenly shot as Donghae suddenly questioned the scene on the tv screen.

 

"Hyukjae, what are they doing?" He asked as the scene had suddenly turned into that infamous part of the fogged up car.

 

Sora's laughter filled up the room as she was amazed at how innocent Donghae was.

 

His gaze had turned to her and then back at up me awaiting a response. Closing my eyes and sliding a hand over my face as his gaze was glued to me, I could only mumble my reply, "they're... they're making love."

 

Sora's giggles continued at my side as I heard a soft "oh" coming from my lap as he had turned his attention back to the movie.


 

Near the end of the movie, I was by now with both of my companions glued to each of my arms. Sora clearly distressed by the scene near where Rose had to let go of Jack and Donghae looking at her attentively curious as to why she was on the verge of tears.

 

"It's because she has to let go of Jack, Hae. He's gone. Dead. He did everything he could to keep his love safe instead of him and she has to keep on living without him," she was blubbering away under her tears.

 

"Living without him?" I could feel Donghae's grip on my arm suddenly tighten as his concentration remained on the movie.

 

I couldn't help but feel curious over this turn of events.

 

-----

 

Sora had suddenly begun to become a constant visitor at my place. After telling her of a costume party from my office that night , she brightened up greatly and was pulling Donghae out of the door before I had the chance to say anything else.

 

"His costume will be a surprise and I need him to help me pick something out too!" She had stated as the door closed behind the two of them.

 

"But, what about me?" My pout only visible to Choco who was wagging her tail at me. "You'll help me decide, won't you?" A slew of barks let me know that clearly only Choco was on my side.


 

"Could you two hurry up? I don't want to be late to this!" I shouted at Sora who had taken up to locking herself along with Donghae in my room.

 

Peeking her head out of the door suddenly to hiss at me to hold my horses and simply wait, I found myself plopping down on my sofa with the giraffe pajamas that my co-worker Ryeowook had once given me. They were full bodied pjs so I could lazily pass off myself as a giraffe and call it a costume. Choco having found herself in a comfortable spot in between my crossed legs thanks to the pajamas, was the only companion I had as my irritation towards Sora kept growing.

 

"Any day now!" I shouted at the two in my room as the door suddenly flung open to reveal my sister who had decided to dress herself up as Marilyn Monroe trying to drag out the other from the room with both hands.

 

"But shouldn't I have more clothes on?" He protested as my sister finally won over him dragging him outside of the room only to reveal him in overly tight black leather pants with a matching vest. He was very visibly trying to cover himself up. The final touches on his person where a pair of black kitty ears, matching tail and a collar around his neck .

 

My jaw dropping as my sister had cleverly left Donghae's very obviously too small for him vest open and his chest shimmered brightly thanks to the glitter that accented every curve of his chiseled bare chest thanks to her.

 

Not noticing that Sora by then had worked her way behind me and held me in a light back hug, she stood leaned in to my ear and whispered a single question, "you like?"

 

A loud gulp fought its way out of my throat as I lightly nodded my head in reply.

 

-----

 

Donghae was, of course, the hit of the party. Every woman had their eyes glued to the poor innocent man who by now, had been slightly inebriated by my sister and was enjoying dancing without much of a care in the world of the gazes on him.

 

I was busy chatting up the rest of my co-workers who were still sober and picking up connections here and there since the higher ups had made sure to invite some pretty well known people.

 

As I was getting my first (and only drink of the night), I was suddenly hounded by one of the female hosts of our shows. “So, who’s the hunk you brought along?” She asked as she bit away the olive on the toothpick of her martini.

 

“Oh, he’s a friend that has been living with me while his apartment gets fixed,” I answered taking a sip of my drink noticing the intense gaze she had on Donghae as he clearly shone brightly in his dancing; body glistening against the lights and an even brighter smile plastered on his face.

 

“Does he have a girlfriend by any chance?” Downing her drink, her gaze caught mine as it interrupted my view of the man on  the dancefloor.

 

Finishing the rest of my drink and whispering “I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be interested” as I made my way away from her to join Sora and Donghae who were dancing wildly in their spot.

 

“About time you joined us, little bro!” Sora shouted through the loud music. Her taking my hands in hers and twirling me around along to the beat of the song, I could see Donghae dancing without a care next to us.

 

As Sora let go of me, I wound up clashing against Donghae’s chest. Intoxicated by all the energy, my hands clasping lightly on to his chest, I returned his ridiculously infectious smile as he took my hands in his and squeezed them tightly as he closed his eyes and started to lean his head towards mine.

 

Noticing that this was neither the right time or place for this, I pulled on to one of his hands and dragged him along through multiple people in search of a secluded area. Once spotted, with the hand that was wrapped around his wrist, I twirled him around and pushed him against the wall. His shocked look only broken by the fact that I had taken his lips with mine and it soon dissipated as he freed his hand from mine and wrapped his arms behind my back pulling us closer to breathless kisses that deepened with each passing one we shared.

 

Breaking apart from each other, gasping to some air into our lungs, I took hold of Donghae’s face with both of my hands and breathlessly let out what I had been holding back for a while now; “I like you, Donghae.”

 

Taking over his face, which was once again washed with surprise, I placed myself back against the soft lips of the man right in front of me lovingly.

 

 

 


A/N: This back to back update is brough to you by the stupidity (and fun times) between dear Twitter friends and I~ -S