Chapter 5

The Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oppaaa.”

“Wae wae?”

Juniel laughs and hugs Jonghyun before he forced him to spin along with him.

“What is it that you look so elated?”

“Where is Yong oppa?”

“Hyung went to see the work going. Tell me what is it? And why are you here instead with Shinhye?”

“I miss you; that’s why.”

Jonghyun laughs at his wife cuteness but he shakes his head along with his forefinger.

“You are bringing some good thing with you. Tell me.”

“I really can’t keep anything from you right?”

Jonghyun nods and flicks her forehead.

“So what is it?”

“Shin unni had change again.”

“You mean?”

“Yes, we were talking and she talk about oppa should remarry and that makes me pissed.”

“Then.”

“I pour all of it. All of my frustration.”

“Honey, won’t it hurt Shinhye more?”

“I’m afraid of it too after I slip but she took it in a good way. She wants to change for Yong oppa. Unni loves oppa too much, that’s why when I talk about how they were and emphasized how miserable oppa is, unni realize what she had done to him.”

“Now your rant did a great thing honey. Good job.”

“Oppa, are you teasing me or are you praising me?”

“I’m praising of course.”

Juniel laughs and leans on Jonghyun’s arm when the latter hugs her side.

“Where is Minhyuk and Jungshin oppa?”

“Minhyuk went with hyung. Jungshin take the day off.”

“So you are alone?”

“Wae if I’m alone?”

“I can stay until the end of the day right?”

Jonghyun nods.

“Do that then. I just need to complete the order and I’m done. Just need to standby.”

“That’s good. Call oppa, tell him we are going to go home briefly and told him to go home right after he finish.”

“I’ll do it in a bit and since you are here.”

He wriggles his eyebrows.

“What oppa? Don’t be mischievous. It’s your office.”

“What’s in your thought huh?”

Jonghyun knocks on his wife’s head.

“Make me a cup of ice coffee.”

“Ahhh. Coffee?”

“Yes. Coffee. Please.”

“Gurae gurae. Call Yong oppa okay.”

“Yes honey. I’m dialing.”

And Jonghyun went ahead to his table while waiting for Yonghwa to answer his call.

                                                                                ***

Shinhye looks at the house and smiles in contentment.

Thanks to Juniel, the work had been easy.

She puts the fresh flower that she had just bought from the florist nearby inside a vase that she had filled half of it with water.

She hums Yonghwa’s favorite song; delighted that the song somehow suits the atmosphere.

She had changed the curtain, to a brighter color.

The windows that had been shut for months were opened as well; letting the windy breeze sweep in.

“How had I lived all this time setting all of our favorite things to do aside?”

She thought briefly and shakes it off of her mind.

She then went to the chicken that she had prep earlier; with a scent of lemongrass and rosemary; things that Yonghwa  enjoyed and of course, she made a dessert for them to enjoy.

Juniel had gone for almost an hour, saying she will not be home tonight.

“You must do it by yourself for it to become more memorable.”

She said when Shinhye asked her to stay.

Now when she think of it, Juniel is right.

Things will be awkward if they reconcile with people watching; so she praised her sister in law way of planning things.

She is a planner after all.

Now all she needs to do is waiting for Yonghwa to get home.

                                                                                ***

Yonghwa arrived home when it is almost dark.

He glances at his house and smiles a bit when he saw the windows that had been kept open.

“Juniel must be the one who did that.”

He whispers to himself and reluctantly walks out of his car.

“Do I have to stay away from you again yeobo?”

He thought and did make lazy steps towards the door.

He slid the key and turns the knob without pressing the bell; no one will open it for him though.

He had used to it when Juniel and Jonghyun weren’t around and after two days, he came back to where it were.

He pushes the door slowly, to not bother Shinhye who might be resting in the room but was surprised on what he saw.

The living room was lit.

The chandelier that Shinhye loves were lit too.

He looks around and saw Shinhye coming out from the kitchen with occupied hand.

She puts it on the dining table and removes her oven mitts before she claps her hand once and smiles in satisfaction.

Yonghwa smiles in amusement.

It’s been a while since he last saw her cute antics like this one.

He remembers that he used to even feels excited over her little smile.

Shinhye was about to walk towards the living room when she saw her husband standing; still with his work suit, his briefcase in one hand.

She froze on her place, things got awkward for her.

She doesn’t know how should she approach him.

Will he be okay?

Will he opens his arm for her to run in?

Or will he turns around and leave her stranded?

“Yeobo.”

He called and that’s enough for Shinhye to run into his arm and then she was held so tight by her loving husband, no gap allowed.

Shinhye kisses the side of his neck, whispering countless sorry for her action all these time.

“Kenchana. I’m thankful that you come back.”

He let her down when she gestured him to.

She looks into his eyes.

“I’ve made you worry right yeobo?”

Yonghwa, as expected shakes his head.

“You never once did.”

“I know I did. How could I hurt you oppa?”

He just answers her with shaking of his head a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter