Ice Ice Baby

How to Live With a ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 5 - Ice Ice Baby 

 

London

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Venue

VIP After-Party

01:00 AM (London Time)

 

Krystal was seeing black and white. After last night’s Fashion Show, the models, idols and famous singers got together again to celebrate their hard work. So this was the famous Victoria’s Secret after-party. This year’s theme was black and white and people were wearing y black and white party outfits straight from the runway. Hollywood was such a crazy world that even the Jung heiress was surprised. Kai’s family and hers may be rich chaebols, but Hollywood had a different meaning of ‘richness’. In Hollywood being rich was not enough, you had to be famous too.

Well, you had to be famous and loud. Krystal never thought that the party would be this… noisy. She never went on such a big party before. Not with all these famous people and not with a music this loud. Yesterday’s music was soothing and very pop, this night the music changed into R&B and upbeat clubbing songs. Call her nerdy, but she hated it to the bones. The Jung heiress was not a party animal. She’d rather spend her night soaking in her bathtub filled with imported Balinese flowers, the ones that her maid prepared for her every week. God, the only reason she attended this party was Choi Seung-hyun. She had to find out more about that scary ahjussi. First he acted weird in the police station and yesterday he had a mistress. God knows what else that future brother-in-law of hers would be doing.

“Relax Jung,” Her erted fiancé patted her shoulder softly, “Enjoy the party! You need to mingle! Talk to people! You’re in a Victoria’s Secret VIP party! Lighten up a bit!”

Hah. Talk to people. Yeah right. Her fiancé may be a party animal, but not Krystal. How could people even talk in this kind of party? The music was so loud, Krystal could swear instead of talking, people were shouting. Then again, Krystal could not see their faces clearly. Everything was dark and tomblike. Sometimes, neon lights illuminated the faces of the crowd. Other times, the crowd blended into the darkness. Gosh. Krystal was sick of this. Let alone finding Choi Seung-hyun, Krystal could not even look at Kai’s face clearly.

“You’re not very sociable are you Jung?” Kai half-shouted.

Yeah, right, as if Krystal needed Kai to remind her that. She was known as the Ice Princess. Her cold face and piercing stare made her seemed distant and unapproachable. Krystal was sick of people telling her she needed to be friendlier. For her, being cold was her comfort zone. Being like the crazy extroverted Kai was just downright foolish. 

“Can we just find Choi Seung-hyun already?” Krystal sighed.

“Huh?” Kai shouted, “Seung-hyun what?”

Of course, Krystal completely forgot that in these kinds of parties people do not talk, they shout.

“Find the goddamn Choi Seung-hyun!!!” Then Krystal shouted.

Kai reached for Krystal’s ear and whispered, “Relax, that guy will walk over here in 5 minute. After all, Victoria’s Secret’s CEO, Sharen Jester Turney is over there.”

Her erted fiancé pointed at a beautiful blonde haired middle-aged lady. So that lady was Sharen Jester Turney. Even though she was probably really old, her smile was young. Everything about her screamed professional. Even in a party like this, she managed to walk with poise. Her calm nature made everyone around her circled in admiration.

Kai whispered again, “That Choi guy is planning to form a partnership with Sharen. She is planning a big project in Seoul and your future brother-in-law is her ‘potential’ partner. Or should I say… was her potential partner. I negotiated with Sharen over the phone yesterday. I got the partnership. The project is mine and that Choi guy can just pack up and leave.”

Krystal looked at Kai’s face. The darkness faded as a bright blue neon light highlighted Kai’s signature smirk. It was a winning smirk. That guy had planned everything! He had planned everything in one night. This sneaky bastard had something in him that Krystal did not know what. Krystal knew Kai was a genius. He built a successful company at the age of 19, Kai’s industry, without any help from his parents. Yes, that guy was smart, but Krystal never thought that he was this smart.

There! Krystal trembled when her handsome brother-in-law walked over and shook Sharen’s hand. Kai’s prediction was true. Five minute passed and Seung-hyun appeared.

“This, is when we walk in,” Kai smirked again.

Krystal felt his hands on her waist. Just when she wanted to protest, Kai led her to the direction of Victoria’s Secret’s CEO and Choi Seung-hyun. There was nothing in Krystal’s mind but fear. Why, Seung-hyun had looked at her and titled his head. His expression was flat. A fake smile formed in his lips. It was as if Krystal had looked at a vampire hungry for blood. One thing for sure, the moment Seung-hyun looked at Krystal, she knew he wanted to destroy her quietly and beautifully.

“Sharen!” Kai cheerfully greeted the CEO and they shook hands, “It’s good to see you! This is my fiancé Krystal. Krystal, Sharen.”

When Krystal shook hands with the elegant CEO she could feel Seung-hyun’s piercing stare. It was so powerful that Krystal’s hand trembled a little bit.

“Oh, is this the lucky girl that you mentioned Kai?” The CEO chuckled and looked at Krystal’s eyes warmly. Even though she was shouting, her voice still sounded elegant.

“Yes, I brought the Fantasy Bra for her,” Kai stared at Krystal lovingly, “Let’s just say we had an amazing night with that bra. Thank you very much.”

Damn that crazy ert. Always making up erted stories like that. God, Krystal always forgot to remind herself that her fiancé is a . A ert. A byeontae. Amazing night? They slept in separate bed last night! Amazing night like hell. What a liar.

“That bra is beautiful,” Krystal fake-smiled. Gosh, the things she did for business.

“I’m glad you like it,” Sharen nodded in happiness, “You’re very lucky to have such an amazing fiancé, not only is he a brilliant entrepreneur, but also a loving spouse.”

“You’re too kind Sharen!” Kai replied happily, “I’m very excited for our Seoul project though. I guess I’ll see you next week for our business meeting!”

“I’m very excited as well,” Sharen smiled back, “Ah, excuse me as I need to go to the ladies’ room. I’ll see you next week then. Ah and it’s so nice to finally meet you Krystal. Oh and Seung-hyun, I hope you reconsider my offer. You could be an excellent project manager.”

When Sharen excused herself, Kai, Krystal and Choi Seung-hyun stood in silence. It took a very awkward three minutes before Kai finally turned around an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter