Hotel Room Service

How to Live With a ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3 – Hotel Room Service

 

Korea

Somewhere in Seoul

500 feet in the air

00:00 AM (Seoul Time)

 

The city lights sparkled like the night of a thousand stars. Krystal could feel her heart pounded nicely as she controlled the hijacked helicopter. Gosh, she never thought that running away could ever felt this good. She could feel a sense of relief and freedom surrounding her. No more cameras, crazy ahjussi or erted fiancé. All there was left was her and the starry sky.

At least that was what she thought before she could see another helicopter flying before her. Kai. It was definitely Kai. It was a private helicopter and she was so sure nobody in their right mind would drive a heli that fast. The runaway heiress tried her best to remain calm, but the other helicopter followed her like a crazy stalker in a horror movie. God, would her erted fiancé ever stopped being crazy?

After endless calculations and planning, Krystal decided to land on top of one of her favorite hotels; The Park Hyatt, Seoul. She exhaled as her helicopter slowly ascended towards a hotel that looked like a big glass box in the middle of the sparkling Gangnam-gu. She was pretty sure no reporters would find her there. Five stars hotels were pretty strict when it comes to privacy.

When she landed on the helicopter’s landing pad, so did Kai. It was like a scene in Jackie Chan’s action movies. Two helicopters landed on top of a tall building in the middle of the night. Two men in a dark suit came out of the helicopter and ran as fast as they could to chase a criminal. The criminal in this case, was Krystal.

“Ya! Jung Soo Jung!” Kai shouted, he kept running towards his fiancé, “Hey! Stop right there!”

Krystal ignored the two men as she sprinted towards the elevator, when she got in Kai lost track of her as she closed the elevator door. The heiress could hear Kai cursing ‘’ and then the elevator went down.

A loud ‘ting’ echoed and the elevator door opened. The lobby was located in the 24th floor, decorated in a simple warm orange-ish interior. Orange leather sofas were placed on the lobby, accompanied by natural stones from Myanmar and Japan. The simplicity made her felt better already. Oh, how she missed Park Hyatt.

“Good evening,” a handsome receptionist greeted her with a warm smile, “How can I help you?”

Krystal opened her black Chanel WOC Purse and gave the receptionist her Hyatt card and her black AMEX credit card.

“The Presidential Suite please,” Krystal hurriedly spoke, “Ah, and my usual room service package under the name Jung Soo Jung.”

Everything went so smoothly as usual. Her transactions with the Hyatts had always been easy. Krystal was in peace knowing she could finally escape from her fiancé. Well, she was until the receptionist returned her black card.

“Unfortunately your credit card has been declined Miss Jung,” the handsome receptionist turned very ugly in Krystal eyes— very, ugly.

“I’m sorry?” Krystal pushed her card back to the receptionist, “This is an American Express Centurion Card. There is no way this card can EVER in a million years be DECLINED!”

“I am truly sorry Miss Jung,” The receptionist bowed, “I will contact the bank immediately to ensure that this was not an error.”

“Good,” The Jung exhaled and her exhale turned into a panicked inhale when she heard a ‘ting’ on the elevator door.

“See! I told you it’s on the 24th floor!” Taemin punched his best friend’s shoulder as they argued.

“Well, I don’t do Park Hyatts okay?” Kai defended himself.

“Of course, because you like love hotels… Am I right Mr. Kai?” Taemin sarcastically murmured as the two ran out of breath.

Jung Soo Jung tried covering her face, but apparently her fiancé can recognized her in a heartbeat.

“Soo Jung!” Kai shouted, “There you are!”

The Jung kept covering her face with her hands, hoping that this nightmare would someday end. Hoping that her fiancé would just leave her alone already. However, before she blinked again, Kai was already beside her. Looking through her eyes like a very playboy trying to look like a sweet little prince charming.

“You think I wouldn’t recognize you?” Running out of breath, Kai exhaled in relief, “I can recognize you from a thousand miles away, Jung Soo jung.”

Taemin followed the young chaebol and exhaled, “Kai, please stop sounding like a stalker. I think you’re scaring Soo Jung-ssi.”

“Yes, thank you very much Taemin-ssi,” Krystal nodded in agreement as she looked at Kai sharply, “Kai, will you please stop acting like an —”

The three’s conversation stopped when the receptionist came back with a worried look on his face.

“I’m truly sorry Miss Jung,” the receptionist said, “Your card has been declined, the bank has confirmed this very matter. Your bank account has been frozen today Miss Jung.”

Bang. Krystal could hear gunshot the moment her card was returned back to her hands. She felt like her world crumbled down into little pieces of dust. She only had $300 in cash. Forget Presidential Suite, she could not even stay in an ordinary room at Park Hyatt with that! Three hundred freaking dollars! She could not afford anything with that amount of money— not even a proper pair of heels, not even a proper dress!

“Here,” Kai bring out his black card, “Use mine.”

“I don’t need your help,” Krystal immediately left Kai and sat down on an orange sofa.

The Jung scrolled down her phone, trying to find the best contact to save her from her financial distress. Not this one, not this one as well. How— how could she ask for help when her sister asked her not to contact family members or best friends. Gosh, who would help her but this ert?

Taemin left Kai when his best friend tried booking for a hotel room. Being the understanding person that he was, the idol went and sat down next to the Jung heiress.

“You know, Soo Jung-ssi,” Taemin smiled warmly, “Kai may look like a ert, talk like a ert and act like a ert… but he’s actually a very kind person.”

The Jung looked at Taemin right in the eyes. The idol was not lying. There was sincerity in his eyes, a little bit of pity too it seemed.

“He was worried about you… You lost everything in a night. He was so worried that he flown from London straight to Seoul,” Taemin spoke softly, “He was so worried that he cancelled his business meetings just to meet you.”

Maybe. Maybe Taemin was right. Maybe her sister was right. Maybe Kai was not too bad. Maybe. How Krystal hated her maybes. When she was in doubt, she tended to think faster. The faster her brain process information, the more likely she would fall into a wrong conclusion. The conclusions she usually hated.

“I don’t trust people easily,” Krystal sincerely replied.

“I see,” Taemin looked down in disappointment, “But he is your fiancé whether you like it or not… Can you at least give him a chance?”

“Well, trust is built,” Krystal stared at Kai who at that time was negotiating with the receptionist, “It takes time to build it and I think I can give Kai a chance to build that trust.”

“That’s a relief,” Taemin stopped looking down and looked at Kai too, “Maybe you can start building that trust by eating out with him. A dinner for two sounds like a good start.”

“Dinner for two?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter