The Unwanted Engagement

How to Live With a ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1 – The Unwanted Engagement

 

Korea

Cheongdam-dong, Seoul

Jung’s Residence

07:00 PM (Seoul Time)

 

Ugly. Whenever Jung Soo Jung looked at the mirror, she would always feel ugly. Her warm hazel eyes stared deep into her reflection. Her wavy brown hair looked okay, her lip-color was acceptable, but her skin— oh her skin truly needed some touch up here and there. She grabbed her new Chanel Vitalumiére powder foundation and let her makeup skills did the work. Really, her makeup artists were truly unprofessional. She remembered clearly that she had asked for a natural yet sophisticated look but the artists only gave her natural. She could not see any sophistication in the mirror. None. Empty. Her reflection truly was empty. Just like WINNER’s song. Just like this powder room. Her face was as pale as her all-white Victorian style powder room.

“Soo Jung-ah” her sister’s voice echoed, “I’m home. Paris was beautiful as always, oh and I got you a Balenciaga dress.”

Jung Soo Jung left her makeup and went into her living room. It was so grand that she took some time to spot where her sister was. Her sister was not near the grand piano or the fireplace. Ah, she was there by the bookshelf, reading some fashion magazine, of course. Her sister, Jessica Sooyoun Jung has always been fashionable. She has a midas-touch, any clothes she picked would be sold out within hours. Just her being in the house made Krystal happy because that means she could ask for some style advice. Even though her sister’s style was more feminime and hers edgy, Jessica could still relate when it comes to fashion.

“Look at that blazer you’re wearing!” Jessica grasped at her sister’s black Victoria Beckham silk and wool-blend blazer, “It looks gorgeous! Where did you get it?”

“What? You forgot it already?” Soo Jung exhaled, “I dropped by the Victoria Beckham store in London when mom hooked me up with some guy name Kim Jongin.”

“You mean your future husband?” Jessica laughed, correcting her sister’s words. 

“Oh god,” Disgusted, Krystal looked away, “It was a nightmare.”

“How so?”

Krystal remained silent as if there were no words to describe it but ‘nightmare’. Her hazel eyes sharpen and a look of disbelief showed up on her porcelain face. In some cases, at the end of her awkward silences, she would roll her eyes. That means she truly hated the topic, or just too angry to answer. This time she rolled her eyes.

Her sister dropped her magazine when she saw that eye roll and gave her a shocked face, “That bad?”

Remembering the date, Krystal exhaled. She could still feel the cold wind of London brushing her slender figure. She could still recall Kai’s face and Kai’s voice. Crap, she could even remember his outfit. It was such a nightmare that she could not forget it no matter how hard she tried. Please, she would beg, please let me forget.

“Well Soojung, you’re used to getting whatever you want,” Jessica smiled warmly, “So when things aren’t going your way, you’re well— you’re like this. You have to learn to be more mature and understanding. After all, Kai seems like a nice guy.”

It was easy for Jessica to say it. After all the older Jung already got herself a fiancé who loves her as much as she loves him. Krystal’s case was different. It was arranged and very— well very unexplainable. Oh if only her sister knew what happened during her meeting with her so-called future husband. Oh, if only.

“Well I’m not going to marry him,” Krystal spoke up, “He’s a ert.”

“Soojung!” Her sister grasped, “You can’t talk about people like that!”

“Well there’s no other word to describe him! I’ve tried ‘nightmare’ but you didn’t seem to get how bad it truly is,” The brown-haired girl frowned. She did not even bother to sit down beside her sister. She truly was pissed.

“Fine,” The elder sister gave in, “Tell me, how bad?”

“It was as if you had to watch your favorite idol left their group. Like DBSK, but a lot worse,” Krystal tried explaining with more detail and apparently her sister finally got what she meant.

“Wow, that’s a lot to take in,” Jessica exhaled, “Well the good news is, you can always break off the engagement.”

 “I can?” Krystal tiny face lightened up a bit and she began to smile, “Yes I can! I can break it off!”

“Of course you can,” Jessica laughed at her sister’s reaction, it was as if Krystal had won the title of Miss World or something, “You can tell mom about this horrible Kai of yours and marry for love, but I have to warn you though… sometimes even if you do marry for love, problems still come your way and the love will fade little by little. Especially if he can’t take care of your high-maintenance needs.”

“I’m not high-maintenance,” Krystal finally sat down beside her sister and grabbed Jessica’s fashion magazine, her manicured nails pointed at the woman on the front cover of the magazine, “This woman, Kim Kardashian is high maintenance. I’m not."

“Well, first of all you got airsickness riding economy class the last time you went to Bali with your friends,” Jessica grabbed her magazine back.

“That was just a coincidence!”

“You can’t wash your face with regular soap. It has to be SKII or your whole face is goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter