003

Next to You

 

:.:Minyoung’s POV:.:

I arrived at the mall just in time. Hyobin was already there, though. You could say that she’s an early bird. I approached her and before I could even say anything, she hugged me.

“Aigoo.. How have you been Youngie-ah? Did that guy text you again? Want me to beat him up?” she asked.

I couldn’t even answer as she keeps bombarding me with questions. After a minute though, it seems that she’s stopped. She’s probably out of questions now. “Hyobinnie, why are you so worried? I’m totally fine now, see?” I faked a smile. She just frowned.

Knowing my best friend, I know that she’ll be able to tell apart my fake smile from my genuine smile. 

“You know you wouldn’t be able to fool me Youngie-ah” she said.

“I know, you are my best friend after all,” I smiled as I replied back. This time, it was my genuine smile though.

“Now that’s what I want!” she squealed back to me.  “So, let’s go now and have some girl-time!” she added.

She immediately took a hold of my arm and dragged me to the nearest clothing store. As we were browsing through the clothes inside, we heard some girls whispering. “Did you hear?! SHINee will have a mall show here today! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” The “kyaa” part though wasn’t technically whispering anymore.

“SHINee hmm?? I know I’ve heard that name before. Is that supposed to be a name of a band? Who the heck would name their band SHINee?” I thought. So instead of racking through my brain for answers, I decided to ask my best friend. “Hyobinnniiiieeeee!” I shouted. All eyes suddenly turned to me. Okay, maybe shouting isn’t really a good idea. I quicky headed towards her before the people could even judge me with their stares.

“Hyobinnieee...” I whispered.

“Neh?” she replied.

“I heard the other girls talking about this band called SHINee having a mall show here. I just wanted to ask, what’s SHINee?”

“Always the curious girl you are aren’t you? Well, for starters, if you started paying attention to our country’s music instead of Jpop, you’ll know who they are.”

“B-b-but –“ I got cut off before I even finished my sentence

“Well, SHINee is a contemporary band. You’ve heard of SM Entertainment, right? Well, they’re under that agency. It’s a 5 member band. And the members’ ages are close to ours. Simply to say, we’re in the same generation.”

My mouth was shaped like an ‘o’ the moment she started explaining.

She just smiled at my expression. “Would you like to watch them later? So you could listen to Kpop instead of Jpop for once,” she asked.

“But, I love listening to Arashi and News!” I argued back.

“It’s not like I’m asking you to give up Jpop ~” she stuck her tongue out.

“Ohh.. Alright, let’s watch this SHINee later!”

“Well, let’s go to the venue then! We should go early so we have good seats!” she said as she quickly grabbed my hand again and went off to where this SHINee would be performing.  This feels like deja vu all over again. -.-“

 

:.:Onew’s POV:.:

We were already on the mall and I could already saw the crowd.  I could hear them shouting “SHINee! SHINee!” This is getting so exciting! I know we’ve performed lots of times already but everyday is a new experience, right?

I could see that the other members were also getting ready. Jonghyun is practicing his singing, Key is busy checking himself out, Minho is memorizing the program proper and Taemin is practing the dance steps. For some reason, I knew that today would be special.

“You’ll be up in 5 minutes!” our manager shouted.

We quickly stopped from whatever we were doing and went to our positions.  We all looked at each other and smiled. We all knew that everything will go well today.

“You’re up!” PD-nim shouted.

And the curtains were moved to the side and we performed from the bottom of our hearts. 

 


 

Sorry if Dubu's part wasn't that long T______T I hope this chapter's good ~ 

SHINee would have a big role on the next chapter though :)

Lovelots <3