You started it

The two shades of love.
You asked for it

Noticing the pain written in Taemin’s face, Jin Ki sat back, worried.

“Did I say something that hurt your feelings?” Taemin shook his head.

"No, Hyung. I just felt sad that I didn’t get someone in my life so far… except you, of course.” Taemin forced a smile to which Jin Ki replied, and caressed Taemin’s face, slowly. “Hyung…”

“I know that seeing me married scares you, but I’ll never leave you. I may have more responsibilities to handle but I’ll always be by your side. I promise I’ll do the best I can for that.” Jin Ki pulled Taemin to a hug and the last was in the verge of crying as soon as his arms surrounded the man’s body. “I promise, Taeminnie.” 

“Thank you, Hyung.” Taemin managed to mumble. The words didn’t ease the pain in his heart but he had Jin Ki right then and he felt relieved. Jongin didn’t sleep as he said so, but he sat in front of his laptop, opening a blank white page on which he had a sudden urge to write something. 

And it was all about a certain Lee Taemin. He was a paradox in human form, a mixture between modern ideologies and Golden age’s maturity, he was balancing unexplained kindness and untamed hate. It truly didn’t make sense. “Jongin…” He heard Minseok’s voice, so he looked up to the almost man. “Aren’t you sleeping?” 

Jongin turned off the laptop. “I’m coming.” When Jongin and Minseok first became buddies was when Jongin wished to feel what his character felt through it. For Minseok, it was just fine, and he couldn’t say no anyway. As Minseok opened his arms, Jongin made his way in, and manhandled him so naturally that Minseok found himself relaxing, , as Jongin tore the boxers of his, before stripping himself. Jongin adored how small Minseok looked under him, it was a work of art… the man was a work of art but he couldn’t stop himself from wondering if Taemin will look just the same or even better. 

“Your mind isn’t with me.” Minseok mumbled between s, groans, and moans, with other sounds echoing around. “Are you thinking about Taemin?” 

“I do.” Minseok gave him a look, to which Jongin felt guilty. “His reaction is pretty much worth a book, Minnie hyung. I can’t shake it off.” Jongin gave Minseok a pout that Minseok kissed, which was rare. They rarely shared a kiss even when they were kids. “Hyung…” 

“I can understand if you are so interested with him to think of him in the middle of but I’d love if you do that after you finish it off. Because, darling, I’m getting impatient.” Jongin chuckled as Minseok buckled his hips impatiently. He took much care on pleasing the man that night that he felt tired afterward and slept in the spot. 

Minseok didn’t change his attitude in the next morning, so Jongin felt relieved, even if he insisted on apologizing over and over. Taemin in other hand was lifeless. He went to work early that morning and worked hard for few hours before heading back home and finishing work in the office. He didn’t go to the university until a little late of that evening but since he notified his professor that he got the executive position in a company and lost much of his free time, it explained his tardiness. He handed his assignment, which he did that night after Jin Ki left for the Lee Mansion. 

Going back to the Kim’s Mansion, he found the lawyer in the living room, waiting for him. “Sir, I didn’t know you were coming.” Taemin showed his outrage before glaring on the maids around. “Bring us some tea and soft cookies.” 

“No need.” The lawyer said with a serene expression. “I am not here for that. Mr. Lee, I’m here because you need to sign this paper in order to get the access to Mr. Kim accounts. Mr. Kim himself asked for that.” Taemin took a second to understand that Kai made that move. He signed and sighed. 

“I truly hope I won’t have to use that money.” He said before looking up. “But, after Mr. Kim went sick, his employees weren’t that hard working and the situation is way worse than we can imagine. I may… fire some of them if it stays this way.”

“Don’t.” the lawyer said, shock written in his face. “Most of the employees were there since the mere beginning.” Taemin nodded, sighing, before massaging his face in frustration. “I know it’s a heavy burden, that you try your best, so don’t worry. I’m sure your hard work will be repaid soon.” 

“I hope that too. Thank you, sir.” Taemin offered a tired smile. The lawyer excused himself soon after and left while Taemin went to the old bedroom he used and slept there. 

He woke up few hours after that when a hand shook his shoulder and looked at bright shining red eyes. He didn’t truly react to that and closed his eyes. Suddenly, lips touched his, slowly, softly, and as he parted his lips to whine, a tongue slid in, scaring the out of him. Despite the shivers he felt, he struggled only to find himself under the man who was eating him alive. In the darkness of the room, he barely managed to see Kai.

“What the are you doing?” Taemin yelled as soon as Kai’s lips left his. “ off you ! Get the out of this bed!” Kai laughed, while Taemin was fuming. He left the bed, running after an amused Kai until he reached the living room and found himself face to face with Jin Ki who had an animated discussion with Minseok. 

“Taemin? What is going on? Why are you running around with no shoes on?” Taemin looked down to his messy clothes, and his bare feet before looking up to an amused Kai. Before he could say a thing, Jin Ki’s hands reached his cheeks and he looked up to his Hyung. “You didn’t eat since yesterday’s dinner, right? I can see it from your face.” Kai’s expression fell at the realization.

“I didn’t have time to, Hyung.” Taemin admitted as he made his way to a sofa. “I had a lot of things to do, my assignments and homework, and I had to study the papers I asked for from the employees of the company.” 

“I told you to let me help; you didn’t even care of calling me.” Jin Ki frowned as he sat next to him. “Speaking of it, I found two writers willing to publish in your company, and Mr. Kim is the third.” Taemin looked at Kai and gave him an unpleased expression. “He is willing to give you two of his books for publish but wish if it is published in the traditional way.” Taemin looked back to Jin Ki, confused. “He wants the hard format.” Taemin nodded at that.

“I don’t care anyway. It’s his company after all.” The answer went cold as Taemin rested his eyes on the crock of Jin Ki’s neck.

“Don’t mind him. He’s cranky when he’s sleepy.” Jin Ki’s voice made his neck vibrate and Taemin smiled at that. He felt Jin Ki’s hand on his cheek and blushed. “You should eat something, Taeminnie.” Taemin left his side and nodded. “Come on.” Jin Ki led Taemin to the dining room, and they sat next to each other.

“By the way, as we spoke Jin Ki ssi and I, we wondered why don’t you try to make weekly magazines, different kinds, with each a special subject.” Minseok spoke as he sat in front of Taemin. “I bet it will help you out a lot.” 

“And you can sell the virtual format too.” Jin Ki finished. “Besides, Minho’s girlfriend studied creative writing management like you do, so she would help you.” 

“Ugh, don’t remind me. I have exams soon.” Taemin groaned as he closed his eyes. “I have a lot to do.”  Jongin smiled at the cuteness the man displayed suddenly but he held it up when Taemin opened his eyes and smirked instead. It made Taemin tense a little, before coldly glaring on him. The dinner went into a heavy silence and Jongin excused himself to his aisle, when Jin Ki faced Taemin with a scolding look.

“What was that for?” Taemin didn’t answer and looked down instead. “Taemin, please. Stop being rude to the kid. He was so nice to you.” Holding a scoff, Taemin recalled what the said kid did to him in his sleep.

“He was rude to me when I asked him politely to help, why should I be nice him now that he regretted it?” Taemin looked up. “If I forgive him easily, he will take me for granted and you know that I don’t want to be looked down.” Jin Ki smiled nodding, and Taemin smiled back before drifting the discussion away. As soon as Jin Ki left to the Lee mansion, Taemin went to the office, where he tiredly sat, in the middle of papers. He sat there aimlessly until Minseok showed up, with coffee and cups. 

“Coffee?” Minseok asked the surprised man. “I figured you won’t be asleep by now when I saw the lights on.” Taemin observed silently as the man made him a cup and sat right in front of him. “Kai is a little restless since your reaction by dinner. However, I know it have nothing with his attitude with you since your request.” 
“It has not.” Taemin answered bitterly. “I understand that he has different conception of life, but I don’t think it included ually harassing me.” Minseok’s eyes widened. “I wish if you get him tamed at such level.” 

“Tamed?” The chuckle made Taemin’s blood freeze as he looked over Kai showing up. “You are living in my house, Taemin; don’t disrespect me.” 

Taemin didn’t even look at Kai, and chuckled darkly. “Knowing I’m the one in charge of his wellbeing, it will be hell of awkward if I can’t feel comfortable around him.” 

“I can understand that.” Minseok answered as he gave Jongin one of his rare scolding glares. Kai looked away at that. “I’ll make sure you will be comfortable around us.” Minseok said as he stood, pulling Jongin along. Once they were away Minseok slammed Jongin to the wall. “This is the last time I’ll warn you. Stop hurting this kid, he’s helping you and deserves better treatment than this.” 

“Hyung…” Jongin didn’t get time to say anything else as Minseok slammed his back to the wall.

“If you want to , you already got me for that, but other than that keep your for yourself and away from Mr. Lee.” Minseok hissed with a deadly glare. “We are happy he didn’t lock you down and used everything your father left you for his own profit. Mr. Lee is kind and hardworking, stop making him regret helping you out.” Minseok left Jongin’s side as he walked away. “If I was him, I wouldn’t give a if you even exist. I wouldn’t waste time on a company which isn’t mine, and definitely not putting up with a brat like you.” The words echoed in the corridor, as Jongin stood there with a falling smirk. 

It was rare when Minseok use strength with him, and if he does it means also that Minseok was hurt beyond Jongin’s comprehension. He knew that Minseok saw him more than just a friend or a person to protect, but he couldn’t reciprocate it and it felt like he will lose Minseok if he doesn’t. 
He walked back to the office, noticing Taemin looking ahead with a blank tired expression. He shocked the man as he got in the room and filled a cup of coffee, before putting it next to Taemin. “What do you want?” Taemin seemed tense, and Jongin had mixed feelings about it. He walked to a far chair. Taemin didn’t say anything else and tried to focus on his job.

“Why do you work this hard?” Jongin’s question nearly made Taemin stain his paper with coffee. 

He looked at Jongin for a moment before looking away. “Because life is all about it, working hard, achieving something, fixing things we break.” Taemin looked up. “Because this is the only meaning I can get of my life. Besides, I owe your father my life… in ways you may never imagine.” 

“I see.” Jongin didn’t truly saw what could his father do to Taemin in order to make Taemin like that but he didn’t want to push. “I am sorry for the kiss… I wanted to tease you, but it was a very bad joke, I know.” Taemin didn’t speak up, reading a paper with shaken hands. “Taemin…”

“It was my first kiss.” Taemin spoke with vehemence. “Something I wished to keep for the person who means the most to me… yes, it was a very bad Joke.” Jongin wanted to say something but as he noticed how Taemin’s hand shook he kept mum, waiting for Taemin to calm down. “Don’t you have a story to finish?”

“Oh yeah! Can I work here? I disturb my friends’ sleep when I type.” Jongin asked him softly which surprised Taemin. The men looked at each other for a moment before Taemin nodded, expressionless. “Good. I’ll bring my laptop.” 

“You can redecorate the office and turn into a working room for you, if you want.” Taemin said looking down to his papers. He was working hard on it that he didn’t notice Jongin stepping closer to him. The man had made his way behind Taemin and hugged him.

“Thank you.” It shocked Taemin, made his heart jump, and he didn’t know what to say as Jongin speeded up to his aisle. Jongin came back with four other men who held a board of wood, Taemin observed as they installed it, arranged the space for Jongin to write in and stood each in a window. “They insist on staying by my side. I’m sorry.”

“As long as I can work, I don’t care.” Taemin had a very tired tone, and he even pulled his earbuds to work with music on. Jongin tried to do the same but the expression in Taemin’s face took control of his mind. The man looked like everything was over and he had no hope in life. He had a hopelessness that tore Jongin between the urge to tear the man open and to hug him. He faced his screen and typed for a moment when a slam made him jump. Taemin slammed his head to the office, making Tao who stood behind him flinch and rush to help.

“Mr. Lee? Mr. Lee!” Tao picked Taemin in bridal style, running to the main bedroom, while Jongin who followed suit had called a doctor. Taemin didn’t wake up at all, despite their tries until the doctor came in and told them to leave Taemin rest for now.

“He showed clear signs of exhaustions, so let him sleep.” Jongin who stood in the shadows noticed Minseok’s glare on him and tried to ignore it. The doctor left by the time Jin Ki showed up. The man went to Minseok first.

“What did the doctor say?” Jin Ki was shaken so Minseok led him to Taemin’s side, where Jin Ki held Taemin’s hands. “What happened to Taemin?”

“He is exhausted. The doctor said so.” Minseok said with a smile. “He just needs rest, and you seem in need of it too.” Jin Ki shook his head, holding Taemin’s hand tightly, as his free hand patted on Taemin. “I knew you would be worried if you knew, Mr. Lee, but seeing you worried is the last thing Taemin needs.”

“I know but he is so precious to me.” Jin Ki admitted. The man sighed, before looking up. “He became strange since I announced my soon to be held wedding, and seeing him like this, makes me feel guilty.”

“Because you know he loves you.” The words that left Jongin’s lips made Jin Ki freeze for a moment. “You know he is in love with you.” 

Jin Ki sighed. “I hoped it was a teenager passing phase but lately it became hard for me to ignore it.”  Jongin scoffed and Jin Ki looked up.

"A passing phase?" Jongin sounded astonished and Minseok glared at him. "I could read his love for you since the second he met me and I didn't know you back then." Jongin's voice rose in octaves. "It was so obvious I wished I could find words to describe it." 

"I know." Jin Ki looked away. "I know... but I am a heir, I had responsibilities and ties I couldn't break for his sake. I love my family equally much for that and they are already suffering because of my dad's mental health." He sighed so heavily. "If I was just a little free..."

"You would have accepted Taemin's feelings?" Jin Ki and Jongin looked at eachother for a moment and Jin Ki nodded, shedding tears. "This is... unfair."

"Nothing in life is fair and probably it is for the best?" Jin Ki's voice broke. "I know Taeminnie enough to say this but I am not the one he deserve. He is too strong for me, too independant, too perfect for me." Jin ki chuckled. "Despite his depressions and exotic personality, he pulled off in different sectors his entire life; he is right now managing a company perfectly and excelling in his exams. I wouldn't be able to do that."

Minseok nodded at that. "He is a such strong kid; despite the bad things he does to himself, he is strong willed and I admire him truly." The man patted on Jin Ki's shoulder. "But if you deserve him or not, don't depend on your choices or your opinion. However, I too think it is for the best." Minseok and Jongin looked at each other. "Our paths are premade, and we have only to step ahead, so don't worry. Mr. Lee will move on and live."

"I hope it too. I want him to love someone else even if it will kill me. I want to see him as a happy person." Jin Ki stood. "I'll go for now. Please call me if something happens." Jin Ki didn't wait for answers while Minseok and Jongin observed each other.

"He was right." Minseok spoke suddenly. "Nothing is fair in life." the man left with no other words, slamming the door shut, while Jongin stood there and soon noticed Taemin opening his eyes. Taemin didn't notice him at first so he chuckled, crying, while he observed the hand Jin Ki held.

"Stupid Hyung..." he slammed his hand on his face, hiding his eyes. "Silly me, loving someone I wasn't meant to have. I am so foolish."

"Then can I have you?" the shock written in Taemin face soon was replaced with panic and terror. He pulled the cover enough to cover his face. "I mean no harm."

"I doubt it." Taemin hissed. "You kissed me in my sleep." Jongin smirked at that. "Leave me alone." However Jongin didn't as he leaned enough to kneel up Taemin's body. "Leave me alone! What do you want?" 

"I want you. I want to own you completely." The words made Taemin's body shiver but he pushed his defense higher instead of panicking, holding Jongin enough to close to hiss venomously.

"I can't be owned, idiot." Taemin's body was breaking. "If someone here is owning anyone is me. I own you, I own your freedom, your life, your money, and everything else. So unless you want to make drastic moves, back off and know where you stand." Jongin didn't know if Taemin was bluffing or serious so he blurted out.

"Show me what you got." Jongin smirked at that but soon was shocked to see Taemin picking his phone.

"Minseok, please come. Bring backup." Minseok was fast to return and nearly fell back as he saw Jongin hovering up Taemin. " Strip him off; disallow the maids in this area for few days, and don't dare to disrupt us." Minseok didn't move for a moment but soon did what he was asked, pulling Jongin off, as he tore the man's clothes, leaving him there. "Out now." Minseok didn't glance over Jongin as he left but Taemin and Jin Ki knew the man was shaken and nearly crying.  Once alone, Taemin left the bed, taking one of the scarfs he left hanging. "Come here." Jongin didn't move but as Taemin impatiently waited, he slowly made his way to the bed. Taemin tied the scarf firmly around Jongin's neck before pushing him down and tying the scarf on the bed's frame. Jongin couldn't untie it and he felt a panic arise inside him. He wanted to scream for help but Taemin  dangerously stepped in front of his pending manhood. "You asked for it." 

Taemin put on earpulgs and slept automatically. When he woke up, Yi Fan was standing by Jongin's side, glaring deadly at him. "I demand that you free our boss, sir." Yi Fan was clearly pissed.

"He made me do it." Taemin said nonchalantly. "so unless he apologize, I am not freeing him." Taemin showered and changed before heading back to the bedroom, untying the bedframe and handing the other side to Yi Fan. "Hold it tight and follow me." 

In the office, Taemin worked hard, while Jongin worked on his side with Yi Fan embarassedly holding on the scarf, in fear to hurt his boss by disobeying. Minseok got in the office, ignoring Jongin. "Mr. Lee, your cousin is here." Taemin fast made his way out of the office, while Minseok stood there. 

"Are you going to ignore me now?" Minseok looked at Yi Fan deadly while he ignored Jongin's words. 

"I got a date with Luhan today, so make sure nobody moves in the house without Mr. Lee's consent." Minseok ignored the angry expression Jongin wore. 

"You are dating him?" Yi Fan was shocked. "But... I thought..." 

Minseok froze. "The time I was used as toy is over." and he left, leaving behind a confused Yi Fan and a hurt and guilty Jongin behind. 

 

 


I lost my phone and the update I made for this chap, this is what I came up after so... I don't know where I am going for now