Exposed pains.

The two shades of love.
Exposed Pains

Facing each other, Kai’s expression went into pure shock. It was a sudden change in Taemin’s attitude, and he didn’t know how to react to that.

“You know, if I didn’t give a about your lazy employees, I would be at home, enjoying my ing time doing something I love, right?” Taemin glared at him. “I almost skipped breakfast for that. So yes, , I care for your employees.” Kai blinked while Taemin showed him such hate, as he headed out of the living room. “I’ll use your money, since you don’t give and I don’t have that much either, and don’t dare to blame me for any bull you thought of.” Taemin said reaching the door, before freezing and facing Kai. “You are prohibited from dinning in this place, so you better be in the dining room, by dinner, because I hate to eat alone.” He looked around. “You are all included.” And he left, slamming the door behind.

“Jongin…” Kai looked at the worried Minseok.

“He’s interesting, isn’t he?” Chanyeol, the one by Kai’s side, said with a smirk. “I wonder what would happen if you don’t show up.”

“Better not feed his anger.” A dark voice spoke and they froze as they looked at the always so silent bodyguard. “He holds too much anger, and I consider it as threatening for your safety, Sir.”

“I agree.” Kai said nodding. “Also, this Lee Taemin is a real material for a busy mind like me. Let’s meet him by dinner.” Meanwhile, Taemin was fuming, as he made circles in the house main’s office, trying to compose himself before meeting the lawyer. When the old man got in, Taemin managed a smile and briefly explained everything to the man before showing him some papers about the situation.

“Indeed, it seems bad.” The man said putting down the paper. “However, I am afraid that you don’t have the right to use the money, just yet.”

“Oh! I don’t want it now. I’ll try to raise the incomes but I wish to plan ahead, and be sure that I can count on this money if I can’t make enough.” Taemin explained as he put down the cup of tea he had on hand. “I am not really confident since it’s really a short time, but if I manage to find the best sellers, I’ll make it big for the company and I’ll pay the taxes. However, if I can’t, I’ll have to use the money and repay Mr. Kim’s son later.”

The lawyer nodded. “I see.” The man stood. “Then I have a lot of work to do. I’ll try to assure you the money by the end of the month, but I hope I would not have to.”

“We hope it too.” Taemin smiled tenderly and the man excused himself before Taemin would throw the nice mask from the window. “This is just bull.” He took the phone and dialed the first number that popped in his mind.

“Minho, do you still have the number of your writer friend?” the said Minho in the other side of the line seemed breathless.

“Euh… Taemin, can we speak later? I’m in the middle of something right now.” Minho said, ending the call before Taemin could object and Taemin didn’t, since he knew that Minho will call him back unless he wish to be thrown out of the friendship circle. He dialed Jin Ki’s number but as he got no answer he preferred to sit and chill.

“Sir.” The hesitant voice made Taemin glare at whoever got in. “Do you need something?”

“Prepare the dinner, which should be at 8 pm. I invited the people living in the forbidden area of the house to come over and eat with me, so don’t miscalculate the number of guests.” Taemin said as he stood. “I’ll be absent ‘til then.” Taemin didn’t go far, he went to his small studio, a place they thought forgotten but Taemin still kept the key. He locked up on himself inside a house with one bed as furniture, and stood there. He set the alarm for the dinner, and threw his phone in the bed before sitting in a corner of the room. Suffocating… to be alone is suffocating. I don’t want to be here but I can’t run from this place. It’s suffocating… Jin Ki… Help.

Jin Ki indeed helped Taemin before the man could lose his mind, imagining things in the empty room, as he called. “Sorry, Taeminnie, I was driving.” The fact he was called Taeminnie made the man smile, through his tears. “I’m at the Kim’s mansion’s door.”

“I’m not there.” Taemin admitted. “I am… at home.”

“Taemin? Are you ok? Don’t tell you isolated yourself. You didn’t do that, did you?” Jin Ki’s worried tone worsened the feeling Taemin had. He truly wished to speak up his mind but he didn’t.

“No. I just forgot to do something.” He said as he stood to wear his shoes. “I’ll be back soon.” He ended the call and fast his way out of the building before taking a taxi. When he got in the mansion, Jin Ki was enjoying the tea he was served. “Hyung.”

“I admit that you are lucky. Such a beautiful house your tutor had.” Jin Ki commented as he stood to welcome Taemin. He didn’t comment on how dark Taemin looked and pulled the man in a hug. “I am so happy for you.”

Taemin went crimson. “Why? It’s not mine…” Taemin said as he stepped away. “I’m just a tool my teacher used to keep his son safe.”

“Isn’t it a reason to be proud that someone managed to trust you despite your attitude?” Jin Ki teased earning a pout. Jin Ki’s expression was soft for a second making Taemin feel like blushing, when a sound came out of Jin Ki’s tummy. “I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.”

“The dinner is ready?” Taemin asked the maid who flinched, then bowed.

“I’ll check the maids in charge for your dinner, sir. Excuse me.” She ran away as soon as she said so making Jin Ki let out a chuckle.

“You scare them.” Jin Ki commented, obviously amused. Taemin didn’t comment at that and lead Jin Ki to one of the sofas, sitting next each other. “Tell me how you feel. It looks like you isolated yourself for a while.”

Taemin gave him a shocked expression. “The teacher’s son pissed me off, that’s all. He said that I’m acting like I care for everything given to me by his father, but I do care. It’s not my money and it’s not my hard-work; I have no attention on using or losing it.”

“I understand.” Jin Ki said, caressing Taemin’s hair. “But, don’t be mad at him. He doesn’t know, I suppose, and with time he will understand your intentions.” Taemin melted at the touch, despite his expressionless mask, when he noticed people walking in.

Kai was wearing black straight pants, on a white buttoned shirt, wearing no shoes, while his guards were wearing casual. Jin Ki nearly screamed in horror but Taemin’s tensing  hand on his made him focus on Taemin instead.

“I’m glad you joined us.” Taemin said with a point of vehemence, and Jin Ki noticed that the man was still pissed off. He stood and bowed slightly to Kai who gave him a curious look.

“I’m Lee Jin Ki, Lee Taemin’s cousin. Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim.” Jin Ki offered his hand as Kai stood in front of him. Kai held the man’s hand and shook it before breaking into a polite smile.

“Honored to meet you, sir. Please, let’s sit in a proper dinner table.” Kai offered and Taemin observed him as if he knew where it was. He stood to lead them to the dining room where he offered the chair for Jin Ki, next to his. The host’s chair was kept empty as Kai sat in front of Taemin, surrounded by his strongest body guards, Minseok and Yi Fan.  “It’s the first time I ever sat in the house main table.”

“Oh.” Jin Ki showed curiosity while Taemin smirked. “And why is that, if I may ask? In fact, I was rather confused and shocked when Taeminnie told me about your existence.” It took Taemin off guard to be called Taeminnie in front of strangers, he blushed madly, while Kai’s eyes studied him. The last noticed the instantaneous reaction and looked back to Jin Ki.

“My eyes are the main reason of the secrecy. When I was first born, according to my nannies, they thought that I was a devil, or son of the devil, while the doctor said that I had a rare genetic dysfunction. So, dad kept me hidden since.” Kai explained with a smile. “I never complained.”

“There are surgeries to change permanently your eyes color, you may use that if you ever feel like… changing your life.” Jin Ki commented. “But it is up to you.”

“I’ll consider it later when I’ll plan to have a wife.” Kai joked which made a man in the table chuckle. “Here we are, even my friends consider it funny.” Minseok smirked at the remark, and let out a chuckle too.

“The thought of you socializing is kind of amusing, Kai.” Minseok commented and it made Taemin look at the short man in front of his Hyung, while Kai smiled in amusement. The silence fell so heavy suddenly and it became awkward but, fortunately, the food came and the maids served them in silence.

“Tell me, Mr. Kim.” Jin Ki said suddenly. “What do you do as a hobby?”

“I write.” Kai said, looking at Taemin’s eyes directly. “But I don’t plan to publish it.” It snapped Jin Ki’s attention.

“Oh really? It’s so sad. A story is meant to be shared, in my humble opinion. Maybe someday, you will consider your work worth to be shared.” Jin Ki smiled in consideration.

“I will consider it, since Taemin asked me to make a book for the public.” Kai commented with a smile, still looking at Taemin.

“I will call a writer, friend of a friend of mine, and see if he has anything worth sharing from his own works or his entourage’s works.” Taemin said with a smirk. “Fortunately, you aren’t the only one in the world who write.” Jin Ki looked at him in shock but soon noticed how tense Taemin was. He discretely patted on Taemin’s back, relaxing Taemin slightly. Kai noticed that but said nothing.

“I’m sorry for my attitude back then.” Kai said suddenly. “I get mad when someone interrupts my writing time. So, I didn’t mean to be mean to you.” Taemin chuckled darkly.

“You were mean? I didn’t notice at all, Mr. Kim.” Taemin said, politely, but with a dark tone. Desperate, Jin Ki closed his eyes for a second before looking up to Kai, who seemed amused. “Let’s enjoy the dinner, shall we?” it ended the discussions and the only noise that could be heard was the echoes of the plats being moved from side to side, the contact of the spoons and chopsticks with porcelain surfaces, and their steady breathing.

As the dinner ended, Taemin stood first, facing his Hyung. “Let’s take tea in one of living room’s sofas.” then faced the others “you are all free to join.” Kai stood with a smile.

“I’ll be gladly joining.” Kai said before facing his friends. “Minseok will stay with me, you can go and rest.”

“No, we prefer to wait for you.” Yi Fan said, automate. “It’s a security procedure.” Jongin chuckled.

“Dear Yi Fan, I’m in my family house. I’m safe. So, don’t worry for me and rest for once.” Jongin patted on Yi Fan’s shoulder. “it’s time for you to have some proper rest now.”

Yi Fan seemed displeased but Minseok held Jongin’s arm and he sighed bowing. “As you wish, sir.” They followed Yi Fan while Minseok crossed his arms beside an amused Jongin.

“He’s so into his job. I wonder when I can see him loosing up.” Jongin remarked while Minseok rolled his eyes, as they followed the silent Taemin and Jin Ki to the living room.

“If there is someone who has worse social abilities than yours, it is exactly our dear Yi Fan.” Minseok commented. “He’s silly and a source of embarrassment whenever we go in public.” They sat in a sofa, Taemin and Jongin facing each other. “Excuse my rudeness; I’m Kim Minseok, special force trainee, and Kai’s childhood friend.”

“A special force soldier?” Jin Ki exclaimed in surprise, and Minseok nodded at with a smile.

“Except two of the men who came in, who we hired almost in the most random occasions, we are all trained in the military force.” Minseok explained. “I refused to pursue my training in order to protect Kai when his father’s health became… worrying, and some of my team members in the army followed me, except Yi Fan who followed me for different reasons.”

It made Taemin break the contact with Jongin and look at Minseok, curious. “What reasons, may I ask?” Minseok blushed and Jongin chuckled.

“My dear Minseok beat him in an arm-wrestling game, four times, and since Yi Fan vowed to follow him and learn to beat him.” Jongin commented, amused. “It has been five years since we first met him.”

“We?” Taemin’s question made Jongin curse his tongue and he looked away, unable to come up with something. “Do you sneak out of the house?”

“He does go out when he have writer blocks. Of course, we are surrounding him tightly.” Minseok commented. “He usually goes to the bars in the worse part of the city, filled with gangs, and drug dealings, in order to observe them. Of course, no need to tell you that his eyes scare everybody away so we don’t do much.” Taemin nodded while Jongin observed Minseok and Taemin, silently and discretely poking the short man by his side.

“It’s good that Mr. Kim manage to see the out world often.” Jin Ki commented. “I mean, one day Taemin… won’t be by his side and he will have to handle everything on his own.” The remark made Taemin and Jongin look at Jin Ki, curiously. Jin Ki looked at Taemin and smiled. “I look forward the day you will fall in love, and have your own family, Taeminnie.” Jin Ki looked away, just by the second Taemin’s expression fell into a broken mask. He almost had tears as the brightness disappeared suddenly. “Mr. Kim as well. I’ll look forward that day.”

“Thank you.” Jongin commented politely while he looked toward Taemin. “I think it’s time for me to retire to my room. It’s already late and I’m an early sleeper.” Jongin stood to bow to Jin Ki. “I’d love to meet you again, Mr. Lee. It has been fun speaking to you.”

Jin Ki stood to shake hands with Jongin. “It has been a pleasure.” Taemin didn’t move despite the silence that fell, not noticing that both Jin Ki and Jongin waited for a reaction from his side, and Jongin knew that Taemin wasn’t in the mood to even speak.

“I’ll hope to see you tomorrow, Taemin, if you want to, of course.” Taemin looked up and silently nodded. Jongin frowned at that but still bowed to the men and left followed by a bowing Minseok. As soon as Minseok stood by his side, Jongin mumbled. “Did you notice his reaction to Jin Ki’s words?” Minseok nodded.

“It seems that there is a one sided crush in the air.” Minseok commented sadly, and Jongin sighed deeply at that. 

 

 


FEED ME BACK WITH YOUR COMMENTS, PLEAAAAAAAAAASE TToTT