003

Camp Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaera's alarm blares in the morning, effectively waking everyone up. She ushers them back to sleep while she showers first. Today, her mood is slightly better than yesterday's. She thinks it's because she's getting used to the early hours but deep down inside she knows exactly why.

 

Stepping out of the shower, she coos for Amber to wake up. After some muffled "later"s, she decides to go for Soojung instead who wakes up with a yawn. Slowly, they wake up one by one until it's almost time for morning exercise.

 

"C'mon guys! We get marks if we get there on time!" Jaera says encouragingly.

 

"But I don't care!" Amber whines. "I'm sleepy!"

 

In a flurry of movements, Jaera manages to drag the five of them out of the cabin and into the fresh open air. They are immediately awed by the subtle morning breeze and greenery. However, she spots Junmyeon a few meters away, speaking to his campers. She motions for them to follow her and they approach Junmyeon's group from behind.

 

Quietly, they creep up behind the boys and with a silent count to three, the girls scream shrilly. The reactions are hilarious; some fall forwards, some lurch backwards, and one even lets out a girly scream. Junmyeon, however, catches Jaera and twists her arm behind her back.

 

When they realise that they've been played, they dust off the dirt from their clothes and try to act tough, followed by a serious stare-down between the campers. On the other hand, Junmyeon looks at Jaera, a small 'O' forming on his mouth, and quickly releases her from his grasp.

 

It still hurts though, and Jaera can feel the slight sting on her arm. She winces and rubs it, trying to soothe the pain, which causes Junmyeon to look even more guilty. He mutters an apology while grabbing some ointment out of his backpack to slather onto her arm.

 

It feels great. The ointment is cooling on her skin, and Junmyeon's wonderful fingers feel so good. She closes her eyes and hums in bliss, savouring the wonderful sensation. Junmyeon chuckles, his guilt dissipating by the second.

 

The moment is interrupted by loud hoots coming from Cabin 4. Jaera snaps her eyes open, and is not entirely surprised to see Yoora approaching them, eyebrows wiggling and the like. Her little camper girls trot in after her, looking confused, probably because their cabin leader is so energetic in the morning.

 

Sehun stumbles in soon thereafter, and looks prepared to thump Yoora on the forehead. However, he stops at the sight on Junmyeon carefully massaging Jaera's arm. He still hasn't let go, in fear of her hurting even more.

 

"Was he too rough last night?" Sehun asks with a half-smirk.

 

It takes a while before the statement actually sinks in. Then all at once, there is a rainbow of reactions; Jaera turns tomato red and swats Junmyeon away, he chokes on his spit and drops his ointment, Yoora laughs and reaches out for a high five, the kids are confused about the situation, and Sehun smirks proudly while accepting the high-five.

 

"There are children here!" Jaera manages to choke out in what she hopes to be a conscending tone.

 

"What does he mean, eonnie?" Sunyoung asks and Jaera laughs nervously.

 

"Hyung~" one of Junmyeon's campers coo. "Is it a grown-up thing? I won't tell eomma, promise!"

 

"Taemin," Junmyeon frowns. "I'll tell you when you get older."

 

The campers start whining and Yoora grins at the amount of drama happening so early in the morning. Jaera swats Sehun on the arm, but it does nothing to curb the blush on her cheeks.

 

What a great start to a morning, all of them think, but for entirely different reasons.

 

 

Everyone is lined up according to groups so Junmyeon and Jaera are standing next to each other. They've just finished all the team activities and everyone is panting in exhaustion.

 

Suddenly, a camper from another team whines loudly, "How come the counsellors don't have to do anything? They just stand there and watch us sweat!"

 

This results in murmurs of agreement from the rest of the campers. Captain is taken aback by someone actually talking back, but she seems to like it. Grinning, she proposes another game. "Okay, counsellors! Gather up in front! We're going to play a game!"

 

Hoots and cheers sound across the field and the counsellors reluctantly get off their butts.

 

"GO GO JAERA SUNBAE, GO GO JUNMYEON SUNBAE!"

 

Both of them whip around to see the cheeky grins from their campers. It's endearing, and Captain's satisfied smile makes it even better. The other counsellors look at them somewhat jealously but their campers don't seem to be doing anything of the sort.

 

Once all the counsellors are lined up, Captain gives the instructions. It's a typical trust exercise; one blindfolded person is put into an arena full of 'mines' while the other has to tell the blindfolded person where to go in order to escape the arena. Once you step on a 'mine', or in this case a backpack, you are disqualified. The twist is, the directions have to be an animal noise.

 

"Hmm, I think I'll be blindfolded. Are you okay with that, Jaera?" Junmyeon asks, placing the blindfold around his face carefully.

 

Jaera agrees, as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter