i

Spaces in These Places

 

 

Spaces In These Places - (i)

 

 

 

 

 

It all started with a simple hey.

 

“Hey. I guess you’re my new roommate,” a tall handsome male said, face void of any emotion, but voice laced with interest. He’s got blonde hair that’s almost silvery, but not really. Then there were those broad shoulders, with slim but muscular biceps peeking out of the guy’s black muscle shirt. Ripped skinny jeans framed slender legs that looked way better than any Girl’s Generation poster.

Oops. Kyungsoo forgot to reply.

 

“Y-yes… I guess I am…” Kyungsoo shyly replied, ashamed for ogling his new roommate. He knew he would be moving in a dorm that was already occupied, but nobody warned him that the occupant was attractive. He could have dressed a bit nicer than this. He must have looked like such a nerd, since he just got new glasses after accidentally breaking his older ones; and these pair had frames too big for his liking. Then he was wearing an oversized sweater knitted by his Grandma Grammy, and knee shorts given by his Aunt Soljin.

See? This is exactly why people still think he’s in high school. His shorter than average height and narrow shoulders weren’t much help either. Plus let’s not forgot his bowl cut. Mother just had to tell the barber to give him a bowl cut. He was supposed to look older for college, not younger. He’s in his second year now, for goodness’ sakes! But he’s still easily mistaken for a freshman.

 

“Um… excuse me?” The roommate spoke. Oops, not again.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I get lost in my thoughts a lot,” Kyungsoo apologized.

“It’s alright,” the taller male smiled ever so dashingly. “My name’s Oh Sehun. I’m in year one of Accounting.”

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Do Kyungsoo. I’m in year two of Psychology.”

“Oh, you’re my hyung?” Sehun’s brows went up, up, up. “I had no idea you were older than me.”

Kyungsoo blushed. “It’s okay. I get that a lot. That’s why sometimes, I still have to bring my birth certificate to watch PG-16 movies. I mean, I know I look young, but that’s just ridiculous.”

Sehun laughed at this. Kyungsoo found the sound melodious.

“Well Kyungsoo hyung, I’ll try to remember you’re older.Please take care of me.”

“Y-yeah. Please take care of me as well.”

 

 

Heys turned into days of slipping into each other’s routines.Quiet times in the shared dorm was soon filled with little chatter about all sorts of things. The difference in their courses, their favorite songs, their hobbies, the jogger that passed by—everything. The two boys also begun teasing one another and messing around. What was once a little awkward and strange, became a cozy feeling of being in each other’s presence.They didn’t know why, but they found each other easy to talk to; as if they were made to be companions. It’s like they’ve been friends forever, even though that obviously wasn’t the case.

 

“So you transferred here, hyung?”

“That’s right. We couldn’t afford the tuition in my previous college anymore, so I had to study somewhere else.”

“I see… was your previous university much better?”

“Uh… I think it was just more expensive because of its prestige, and the campus was bigger. Here is okay too. I think I like it better here,” Kyungsoo smiled at Sehun. “It’s a lot easier to get around, and the professors aren’t as demanding. Plus I got to meet you…” Kyungsoo stopped the impending blush.

“… I have always been pretty quiet so I don’t have much friends. But since we’re roommates, I guess we got close and stuff... It’s kind of nice. You’re… kind of nice.”

Sehun chuckled and smiled back. “I’m happy I met you too, hyung. Otherwise, I’d be living on convenience store food for the rest of my college life.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, and playfully pinched Sehun’s cheek; a habit he had developed, even though he had to tip-toe every time he did it. His fingertips always felt warm and tingly afterwards.

“Don’t just eat what I cook for you. Try to practice cooking it yourself. How are you going to eat when I’m not around?”

Sehun chuckled some more, as he rubbed the cheek Kyungsoo pinched. Always the right one; he’s glad it’s not permanently sore. “Then hyung, don’t ever leave me. I need you.”

 

Kyungsoo stepped on the taller’s foot.

He could feel his heart hammering away at his chest.

 

 

Sehun was still as stoic and expressionless as the first time they met. But as their friendship grew, Kyungsoo experienced Sehun’s laughter and playfulness; sometimes maturity and seriousness that made Kyungsoo admire him. Not to mention the ability to look great in every possible hair color, and his love for dance. Whenever Sehun smiled, Kyungsoo felt the world stop for a minute—and just fall into place at the sight of Sehun’s splendor. Sehun was…

He was the reason for pink tinges and red shades on Kyungsoo’s cheeks. The reason for stutters, loss of words, and longing gazes. For sleepless nights, daydreaming, and the fruition of first love… He was also the reason why Kyungsoo sung in the shower and cooked with much fervor.

Sehun didn’t suspect a thing. He had no idea Kyungsoo was crushing on him.

Kyungsoo intended for it to stay that way.

After all, he didn’t even know if Sehun was gay. He wasn’t going to risk what they had just to confess his hidden feelings. He… was content with where they were for now.

Just being by Sehun’s side, being his Kyungsoo hyung, it was enough.

 

 

But maybe, that’s not the route written down on the story of their lives.

 

 

“Kyungsoo hyung?” Sehun had come back late due to dance club practice.

He found the older male snoozing on the couch, with an open book under the guy’s head. There was drool on the pages. Sehun held back his laughter. 

“Kyungsoo hyung…” the younger male gently tried to wake Kyungsoo up. He caringly took off Kyungsoo’s glasses and placed them on the coffee table, as he continued poking the guy’s cheek repeatedly.

“Wait… but… neurotransmitters!” the shorter male mumbled in his sleep. “Cerebrum…”

Sehun couldn’t help the smile that reached his ears. Sometimes, it was very hard to remember who was older when Kyungsoo could be so adorable. Just remembering the numerous times his hyung couldn’t reach the top shelf was endearing. Not to mention hilarious.

Sehun sighed when Kyungsoo remained asleep. He took a brief minute to pause and just stare at the elder a bit.

Kyungsoo probably didn’t even reach Sehun’s chest; he was short and young-looking, with owlish eyes and heart-shaped lips. He had narrow shoulders, which he often complained about, but Sehun thought they suited him well. Small hands to go with his height too.Perhaps Kyungsoo was a girl in his past life?

Kyungsoo was Sehun’s favorite cook (not even his mother could compare. Sorry mom). He could tidy up their dorm like he was born to clean—everything spick and span. A few times, Sehun heard the short male singing in the shower, and wow, Sehun would dance to that voice all day. Kyungsoo was… Kyungsoo was the ideal companion. He was caring, he was kind, he was just great to be around.

Sehun wondered why he bothered to memorize Kyungsoo’s flustered, blushing face… Sehun also wondered why he dreamed of kissing it.

 

Short minutes of staring soon turned into half an hour of poking, yet Kyungsoo still remained asleep. After much thought, Sehun deemed it no harm to give Kyungsoo a small peck. Just this once. He wasn’t even sure if he was gay, but Kyungsoo was cute, and cuteness was a universal term that applied to everyone, right? Right, Sehun convinced himself. Just because I think he’s cute doesn’t make me gay. It doesn’t mean I like him, either. Hyung just reminds me of babies… and puppies… and kittens… and other weird stuff I don’t usually think about.

 

After much hesitance, the young male very gently moved away stray hair on Kyungsoo’s face. He then placed a secret kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead, letting his lips linger on the soft skin for as long as he could.

Sehun was soaring; he felt light-headed and his lips tingled. Colors danced behind his lidded eyes. Warmth gathered in his heart, as though it would grow an inch.

Kissing Kyungsoo… he could get used to this.

 

Unfortunately, Kyungsoo who remained asleep for the last half-hour, suddenly woke up; wide eyes staring into Sehun’s. Cheeks tainted cherry hues and mouth slightly parted.

Sehun gulped as though caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

And things have been different ever since.

 

 

Fleeting glances and hugs that lasted longer than need be, these two boys were so obviously in love that it wouldn’t take a genius to figure it out.

Ever since the night of the kiss, Sehun and Kyungsoo have begun to shy away from each other, just a little bit. Probably because every interaction that used to be just brotherly, was now causing them to blush and get flustered. Sehun would often pretend to be busy with his phone, when he was actually taking candid shots of Kyungsoo in his cute apron while cooking. Kyungsoo would make more of Sehun’s favorite foods, and always ask for his company to do the groceries.

They actually shared one bedroom at the dorm: each of their beds on opposite sides. At night, when they thought the other wasn’t looking, they stared at each other for hours before falling asleep. There were a lot of cute little heart doodles on Kyungsoo’s notebooks, and it seems that Sehun had been listening to more love songs recently. Kyungsoo would stay up late just to wait for Sehun when dance practices took too long. He always ended up falling asleep on the couch, and Sehun would carry him to the bedroom. The younger would take off his hyung's glasses, and tuck him in. Sehun would contemplate risking another kiss, but never acted on it to avoid getting caught.

He just opted for flying kisses. Kyungsoo secretly caught him one night, and couldn't sleep afterwards.

Clearly, these two were a classic example of friends who liked each other, but were too dumb to realize the feelings were mutual and get together already.

 

But thankfully, finally, something made Sehun own up to his feelings.

 

“I really like you. Please go out with me,” a handsome boy by the name of Kim Myungsoo confessed to Kyungsoo by the lockers. Sehun was on his way to Kyungsoo’s locker so they could go home together when he heard this. The young male decided to stay hidden and eavesdrop a bit.

“I’m sorry… I already have someone else in mind,” Kyungsoo smiled shyly and apologetically.

“W-who? I-I’ll be better than him!” Myungsoo replied with utmost sincerity. “Just give me a try Kyungsoo; I can assure you’ll have a great time with me. I’ll definitely care for you a lot! I’ve liked you for a long time now, but was too shy to say anything! Now that I’ve found my courage, please consider me. I promise to treat you well.”

“But…”

“Please Kyungsoo! Please notice me and give me this chance!”

 

Myungsoo slowly inched closer to Kyungsoo, until Kyungsoo was trapped between him and the lockers; his arms preventing any means of escape. The admirer began to move his face closer, intending to kiss Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and tried to avoid the kiss.

Just then, Sehun showed up and punched the Myungsoo guy so hard, he became unconscious. In fact, Sehun knocked out a tooth.

 

“S-Sehun!?” Kyungsoo said, stunned to see the younger. Or probably what the younger did. “Y-you knocked him out cold. And his tooth.”

“I’m the one who likes you more!” Sehun said, full of determination.

“W-wait… what?” Kyungsoo’s face turned red. “Y-you were listening!?”

“Yes, but that’s not important! Kyungsoo hyung, I like you!”

 

A silent pause filled the air.

Kyungsoo’s eyes were as wide as plates.

 

“Uh… could you please say that again? I think I heard wrong.”

“I…” Sehun blushed profusely, nervously scratching the back of his neck. Kyungsoo thought he was going to die just looking at the cuteness. “I like you, hyung. I like you a lot.”

“Uh…” Kyungsoo still couldn’t believe it. “A-am I dreaming? A-are you joking? Am I in a parallel universe where happy endings exist? I-I can’t really process what you just said… I-is this happening? Uh…”

“For goodness’s sakes, I’ll just show you!”

“What do y-”

 

Right there, in the hall where lockers were their only witness (apart from Myungsoo’s unconscious body), Sehun and Kyungsoo had their first kiss.

And it was the sweetest first kiss in the entire universe.

 

 

The moment their relationship became official, Kyungsoo and Sehun never left each other’s side. It’s like they never wanted to be apart, and it was getting ridiculous how in love they were with each other. Eventually, Sehun invited Kyungsoo over to the dance club where the elder met Sehun’s friends: Zhang Yixing and Kim Minseok. The two were pleasant lads, and Kyungsoo had a fun time chatting with them. Then, Kyungsoo felt compelled to introduce Sehun to his own friends, but there was one problem: he didn’t really have any. Well, he used to have Sehun, but their relationship leveled up. So he shyly introduced Sehun to someone who he could consider a friend: Wu Yifan, the grumpy guy assisting in the library. He was the only one Kyungsoo actually interacted with, apart from Sehun; he often asked Yifan for help regarding Psychology books.

Yifan was surprised that Kyungsoo suddenly introduced his boyfriend to him—they weren’t even that close. He was about to glare at the short male for disturbing him, but he saw Kyungsoo pouting like a kicked puppy. In the end, he played along and shook Sehun’s hand. Since then, Kyungsoo made an effort to be friends with Yifan. They actually became pretty close.

 

 

The couple continued to be head-over-heels for each other. Nothing and no one else was more important in their lives.

 

“Happy birthday!” Sehun greeted Kyungsoo as soon as he woke up that morning.

Lo and behold, the young man even prepared breakfast: burnt bacon and eggs, plus orange juice. Kyungsoo could not have been more touched.

“Thank you, Sehunnie,” the elder replied, giving the tip of Sehun’s nose a kiss. “Thank you for this breakfast. It looks great!”

“Don’t lie, babe,” Sehun said fondly, blushing. “I know it’s not exactly the ideal meal, but I hope it’ll do. I’ll just treat you out to a proper meal later. I was supposed to add toast, you know?”

“Oh? So how come you didn’t?”

“I… may or may not have broken our toaster.”

 

 

“That tickles,” Sehun giggled.

“Oh, just be quiet,” Kyungsoo pinched the cheek he so often did.

 

There were no classes for both of them. Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch comfortably, while Sehun laid down with his head on the elder’s lap.

A cartoon was playing on the television, but Kyungsoo was too pre-occupied by kissing every inch of Sehun’s face. The eyes, the nose, the lips, cheeks, forehead, temples—all the things he loved. Kyungsoo would never get tired of holding Sehun, and taking care of him and just… loving him. Sehun was the most perfect person in Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“Why is Oh Sehun so lovable?” Kyungsoo questioned no one in particular, as he gave Sehun an Eskimo kiss.

“Because Do Kyungsoo is too blind to see that it’s the other way around,” Sehun replied with a smile, as he toyed with Kyungsoo’s fingers. They’ve always been cute and small, compared to his own which were long and calloused.

 

“You have the hands of a girl, sugar plum.”

“I do not. You’re just freakishly tall.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

 

“You did so well! Congratulations!” Kyungsoo ran towards Sehun, and engulfed him in a warm hug.

 

The university-wide dance competition just ended, and Sehun’s team won second place.

 

“I wish we could have won first place though…” Sehun smiled rather glumly.

“Aww… you’ll always be first place to me,” Kyungsoo replied. “First place in my heart forever.”

“You cheesy peach,” Sehun laughed. “You always know just what to say.”

“Yeah, yeah. Now let’s go home and celebrate. I baked a cake and ordered lots of food.”

“Really? Cool. But hold on a sec. Do you know what prize we get for being part of the top three?”

“Uh… a trophy and medals?”

“Well yes, but aside from that, we get to perform overseas! We’ll be performing at a dance expo this summer in Singapore!”

“OHMYPICKLESTICKS! Sehun! That’s amazing! I’m so proud of you!”

“Couldn’t have done it without my number one fan,” Sehun hugged Kyungsoo tighter. “You’re always… always so supportive and caring… You’re the best Kyungsoo. You’re simply the best.”

“No, it’s you Sehunnie. You danced with everything you’ve got, and you really worked hard for this. You deserve it, Sehun. A guy like you only deserves the best.”

“I love you.” Sehun pecked Kyungsoo.

“I love you too.” Kyungsoo pecked Sehun back. “Eww. You’re so sweaty.”

Sehun chuckled. “Yeah well, you’re going to miss this sweaty man for a whole three weeks during summer.”

"Wait a minute; three weeks!? "Kyungsoo frowned at this. “But I thought you were only going to dance at the expo. Won’t that just take a day or two?”

Sehun held Kyungsoo lovingly and swayed him side to side. “I’m sorry, Kyungie. The expo lasts for a week, and then we spend the rest two weeks taking a tour; visiting dance studios, interacting with other dancers, and all that stuff.”

“Aww…” Kyungsoo began to pout. “I-I really like the idea of you going there, but… three weeks is almost a month. And it’s so far away too, I can’t visit. I… I can’t make you your meals, or give you good morning kisses. I can’t hold you, or touch you, or even see you… for three whole weeks. Who’ll sneak in my bed at night and hug me tight? Who’ll tell me he needs to lie on my lap? Who… who… who do I take care of? I only have you Sehunnie.”

Sehun started to look concern at Kyungsoo’s glum face. “Do you not want me to go? I can stay if you like, Kyungsoo. The group can dance well even without me.”

Kyungsoo wanted to be selfish. He wanted Sehun to stay. But of course, he knew he couldn’t do that. Sehun really deserved this. In the end, the short male just sighed.

“N-no… it’s alright. You can go,” Kyungsoo forced a smile. “This is an opportunity you can’t miss. It’s good for you.”

“What about you, then?”

“Well, it’ll be summer anyway. I’ll just go home to my parents,” Kyungsoo replied, although he knew it wasn’t going to be a great summer without Sehun. He and Sehun spent summer together last year, and it was really fun. He planned for them to go to an amusement park this time, but Kyungsoo will just have to wait until Sehun’s return.

“I’m sorry, babe,” Sehun kissed Kyungsoo’s forhead. “Let’s just spend lots of time together before I leave, ok?”

“Ok.”

 

Soon, Sehun and Kyungsoo had their second anniversary as a couple. The last time, they went out to eat and then watched a movie. For this year, they went bowling first. Sehun couldn’t believe that Kyungsoo got three strikes in a row, while he’s been getting gutter balls. The small male was as bright as sunshine, showing off his newfound talent. When the fun ended, they went to eat at restaurant nearby. They had pizza, pesto, and pasta. After stuffing themselves, Kyungsoo thought it would be time to go home. But then Sehun dragged him to another place, and before Kyungsoo knew it, they were slow dancing at the school’s dance club room.

 

“Are we allowed to be here, Sehunnie?”

“Don’t worry. I got permission from the captain. He owes me one for helping him with the choreography.”

“Oh… ok,” Kyungsoo smiled. “You’re the greatest boyfriend in the history of boyfriends.”

“Right back at you, my squishy,” Sehun winked, causing Kyungsoo to blush.

“I told you I’m not squishy…”

“Yes you are, love. Don’t deny it. You are the squishiest squishy in this squishy universe.”

“Hmm… Am I your squishy?”

“Only mine.”

 

As they danced to the song alone in the room, it’s like they could just forget the world. They had each other, and that’s all that mattered. They were happy like this. This was perfection, this was Heaven, this was Sehun and Kyungsoo. There’s no place else they’d rather be.

 

“K-Kyungsoo?” Sehun shyly inquired.

“Yeah?” Kyungsoo rested his head on the younger’s chest.

“You… you’re going to be my forever, okay?” Sehun asked, face rapidly heating up.

Kyungsoo turned crimson too, at the intimacy of the statement. He looked up at Sehun with his wide eyes. “D-do you mean that? Are you for real?”

“Y-yeah… I can’t see myself with anybody else… No one knows me as well you do, and no one can make me smile like you do. If… if I want to… spend the rest of my life with somebody, it’s you Kyungsoo. It’s always been you.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t hide the smile that raked over his features, nor the tears that gathered in his eyes.

“S-Sehun, I want you to be my forever too. I want to love you until the end of time.”

“Okay. Let’s get married in the future, alright?”

“Y-yeah! It’ll be awesome!”

Sehun placed a kiss atop Kyungsoo’s head. “I love you, Soo.”

Kyungsoo tiptoed and placed a kiss on Sehun’s cheek. “I love you, Sehun.”

 

 

“Remember to bring extra clothes wherever you go, okay? And water too. Take lots of pictures and buy some souvenirs. Make sure to always stay with your friends, so you don’t get lost. Don’t sleep too late at night, and eat three times a day. Don’t forget-”

“Don’t forget to bring my valuables with me, and to keep my cellphone near at all times. I got it covered, Kyungie. Chill.”

Sehun chuckled at Kyungsoo’s pouty face. The short male had reminded him, for the third time, of all the safety guidelines, health reminders and tourist tips he needed to remember. Kyungsoo even bought Sehun a stuffed bear just the day before. “In case you get lonely when sleeping,” Kyungsoo had said. Sehun was pretty sure it would be Kyungsoo who’ll need the bear. 

 

“I-I’m sorry, ok? But… it’s your first overseas trip. I want you to enjoy it well, and to make sure you’re safe at the same time… It kills me knowing I can’t be there to watch over you,” Kyungsoo said, rather sadly. But then, he turned his frown upside down, for Sehun’s sake. This was supposed to be a happy occasion. “But… I guess you’ll be fine on your own, right? You’re my Sehunnie, after all.”

“Of course, Soo,” Sehun hugged the smale male. “Don’t worry too much. I’ll be fine. Plus, I have the stuffed bear to watch over me for you.”

Kyungsoo blushed as he remembered the plushie he bought for Sehun.That teddy bear was a symbol of his love! He was turning into an embarrassing fluffy boyfriend. “D-did you name it? The bear?”

Sehun took some time to think. “Hmm…” Then he got an idea.“Soo-bear!”

Kyungsoo turned red at the statement. “What!? That’s too embarrassing! Change it!”

“Nope,” Sehun stuck his tongue out, playfully. “I’m the owner, and I have the right to name him. Therefore, he shall be my Soo-bear.”

“Oh, Sehun…” Kyungsoo hugged Sehun, and buried his face in the taller’s chest. “I’m going to… miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you too.”

“Don’t forget about me, alright?”

“It’s just three weeks, silly. Instead of forgetting you, I’d probably be missing you every day.”

“Pinky promise? Promise you’ll still love me when you come back?”

“It’s a promise. If I don’t love you when I come back, how do you expect us to get married in the future? Hahaha, silly Kyungsoo.”

 

After the pinky promise was made, the couple shared one final kiss.

Then the younger headed to his plane, which soon took flight.

Kyungsoo watched as Sehun flew away, farther and farther from him. His heart ached a bit, at the loss of warmth that only the younger could provide. His hands suddenly felt lonely, since the pair that usually held them tight were heading miles and miles away.

With a final sigh and a prayer for safe travel, Kyungsoo made his way back to their shared dorm. It was time to pay his parents a visit.

 

 

“Where’s your boyfriend, hunny?” Grandma Grammy asked, as they ate dinner. “I want to see your soulmate!”

“He went to Singapore for a dance expo. It was a prize for his team, since they won second place at our university’s dance competition,” Kyungsoo replied, while getting some more kimchi.

“When are you going to invite him over?” Mrs. Do, Kyungsoo’s mom, asked. “We’ve only seen him in pictures. I want to meet him! I want to meet the man our Soo-soo loves so much!”

“Omma, please…” Kyungsoo got embarrassed. “I’ll bring him over maybe… during Christmas. I still haven’t asked him about it, because I don’t want to move too fast or anything… I’ll just ask him when he gets back, ok?”

“Yey! We’re going to meet Kyung’s handsome boyfriend!” Aunt Soljin exclaimed, merrily eating away at the bibimpap. “I can’t deny I’ve been curious about that guy.”

“Well, he better be a gentleman,” Mr. Do, Kyungsoo’s father, said. “All you ladies may have been impressed by his looks, but not me! Men have to be stricter when protecting their babies.”

“Appa, I’m not a baby anymore…”

“Hush, Kyungie. You’ll always be appa’s baby. Plus, don’t think I don’t know Sehun calls you babe. It’s in every text message.”

“You looked at my phone!?” Kyungsoo blushed.

“Only for parental purposes,” Mr. Do calmly retorted. “I have to find out about him some way, don’t I?”

“Sweetie, let your son have his privacy,” Mrs. Do sweetly reprimanded.

 

 

 

“Oh… Okay, fine.”

“Wow, appa. Omma’s got you whipped.”

 

 

The Do family chuckled and continued on with their meal.

That night, as Kyungsoo laid down on his bed, he suddenly felt like something was missing. Ah, it’s Sehun, he thought. He’d gotten so used to cuddling Sehun as they fell asleep, that it felt so foreign to be sleeping alone. Fortunately, Kyungsoo prepared for a time such as this.

He went to his backpack and took out a big shirt—it was given by Sehun. It was a plain white shirt with a pocket on the right side of the chest; Sehun often used it for his dance practices. But a time came when Sehun bought new shirts and wanted to give this one away. So Kyungsoo asked for it, and now it was his. Secretly, he wore this shirt whenever he missed Sehun. The shirt was pretty large on him, but he felt cozy and warm whenever he wore it. Just knowing that it was Sehun’s shirt… wearing it always felt like home.

So he took off his own shirt and slipped it on. He could imagine Sehun’s arms wrapped around him in a comfortable embrace. Kyungsoo then went back to his bed, with the thought of Sehun in his head.

 

1 day down, 20 more to go. I’ll be here waiting, Sehunnie. Come back soon.

 

 

As the days dragged on, Kyungsoo went through them by distracting himself. He helped out more with the family, hung-out with Yifan, and attended to some of his studies in advance. He’s been too submerged with thoughts of Sehun, it almost slipped his mind that he was entering his last year of university. He made a resume and began looking for a summer job good for one month. He needed to complete at least 200 hours for his on-the-job-training. As a psychology student, he looked through companies that needed counselors and human resource personnel. He finally found a manufacturing company not too far away. It was named Golden Industries; they specialized in the food market. Kyungsoo found out that they were quite a big company, considering that most of the popular junk food, drinks, condiments, and other food-related items were under their brand. Kyungsoo quickly applied, and was scheduled for an interview after a week.

 

“Hello, and good morning Mr. Do,” the interviewer greeted with a kind smile.

“Hello to you too, Sir,” Kyungsoo responded with equal enthusiasm.

“My name is Kim Joonmyeon, it’s very nice to meet you. Please have a seat.”

 

As the two sat down at opposite ends of the table, Joonmyeon began to look through Kyungsoo’s resume. Kyungsoo did his best to sit up straight while patiently waiting for the interviewer.

 

“I see here that you have good academic grades.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

“And you have attended some number of seminars… have partaken in scholastic extracurricular activities… Umm, would you please tell me something about yourself that is not written on your resume? ”

“Oh, well, I like to cook and I am quite good at it,” Kyungsoo began, comfortable and confident about the question.“I even made my own recipe—it’s called Kimchi Spaghetti. I’d like to elaborate, but the only things I could tell you are you need kimchi, you’ll need pasta, you’ll need love and the rest is a secret. If I had known, I might have brought some to give you a taste.”

“Hmm… Very interesting. You have my attention, Mr. Do.”

“Umm,I also like to sing. You could call it a hobby, since I sing a lot at home, but I don’t know if it’s considered a talent, hahaha.”

“Then sing for me, Mr. Do.”

“E-excuse me!?”

“Sing, Mr. Do. Sing.”

 

Caught unprepared by the sudden request, Kyungsoo took some time to clear his throat while thinking of a song. In the end, he chose to sing a song titled “Tell Me What Is Love.”

 

 

 

All the notes fell melodiously from his lips, every tune sung so rich and deep. Kyungsoo expressed his emotions through the song; eyes closed as he focused on the meaning of each word. He let the feeling carry him away, as he sung like a pro.

Joonmyeon was shocked by Kyungsoo’s voice; he didn’t expect it to sound that good. He felt goose bumps the entire performance.

 

“Very well done, Mr. Do,” Joonmyeon clapped a bit, smiling as he seemed impressed.

“It’s nothing, really, but thank you Sir,” Kyungsoo blushed since it’s the first time he sang in front of somebody.

“The first few lines of the song were even in English, and your pronunciation was impeccable. Not many have such a skill.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

“Alright. Now, shall we move on to the next question? Tell me why you chose this company.”

 

 

The interview soon finished as Kyungsoo shook hands with Joonmyeon. He would be informed next week if his application was accepted. By then, it would be Sehun’s third week in Singapore; which means by the time Sehun comes back, if Kyungsoo got hired, he would be able to share the good news to his boyfriend.

Sehun would be so happy for me, Kyungsoo thought. We might even go out on a date to celebrate!

Thinking of all the lovey-dovey things he and Sehun would do, Kyungsoo skipped merrily on the way home. 1 more week, he chanted in his head like a cheerleader, and we’ll be together again

 

Due to having his head in the clouds, he accidentally bumped into someone on the way out of the building.

“O-oh! I’m so sorry! I’m really really very sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going!” Kyungsoo frantically helped the stranger up.

He was faced by a tanned male, with mocha brown locks, and a stunning jawline. The guy was a few inches taller than him, and was wearing a school uniform.

“I-I…” the stranger stuttered. Kyungsoo might have seen tinges of red dust the guy’s cheeks, but he dismissed it as he wanted to continue daydreaming about Sehun.

“Again, I’m really sorry. Bye,” Kyungsoo exited the building, skipping out as all he could think about was his boyfriend.

The stranger continued to just stand there, looking at Kyungsoo’s form until he couldn’t see it anymore. There was indeed red tint on his cheeks; an unmistakable blush, if Kyungsoo had only paid more attention.

 

 

 

 

 

----

Author's note

+ Took me so long to update thissss

+ Photos and video not mine.

+ Bobby was so cute in the video hahaha. He be like "Oh dude! There's a camera recording!"

+ Kyungsoo is ear candy. And eye candy. And uh... yeah. He is a cutie potato.

+ And Sehun be the candy cane to Kyungsoo's cotton candy, whut am I saying? It's cuz Sehun's tall ok!?

Anyone get the joke, prolly not, I'll just shut up now.

+ Thanks for reading hehehe