What? It Did Happen?!

Pen To Paper

 

A/N: Hey guys. I hope you like the next part you've been waiting for ^^; It may take me a while to write this as these are long chapters for me to write after being use to writing half this much for my other fanfiction. I hope you continue to read! Thanks for sticking with me, reading and commenting! <3 ;*

 

What? It Did Happen?!

 


 

Sehun awoke the next day. His alarm clock signalling that he had to get up.

His eye’s snapped open as he recalled the events of yesterday.

Usually, students don’t like going to school just because it was school, but he didn’t think he would be able to stomach today due to a whole other reason!

 

Blindly searching his bedside table for his glasses he heard his mother yelling from downstairs for him to get his breakfast.

He made his way down dressed and bag packed. He patted the bag happily. The notepad inside had made his crush be known to the person he liked.

His teacher!

He felt his whole body heat up at the memories of Mr. Huang hugging him and cupping his face yesterday…

It was like a dream!

Sehun scooped some food up onto a fork and then it dropped off as he looked down.

What if it was a dream?

He seriously could have dreamed everything that had happened yesterday…

He had asked Mr. Huang to pinch him, but the male never did.

He sighed.

 

 

Quickly shuffling through the crowds of students in the morning to get to his locker, Sehun decided that he probably needed a haircut as his fringe was seriously getting in the way. However, he preferred to hide his face beneath it too.

His mother had mentioned about booking him an appointment…

 

“Yo, ‘Hun!” His friend called as usual. The blonde sighed as he had now shortened his name to ‘Hun’.

He didn’t like nicknames… Especially from people who practically used him in case they were alone at lunch.

“What do you want?” The fanfiction writer almost hissed in reply. He put some of his books that he wouldn’t need until the afternoon into his locker and turned around to face them.

Once again he had that smug look on his face and a pair of girls came over giggling. “Just letting you know-”

“You can’t eat with me again, right?” Sehun said and glared through his fringe. He marched off down the hallway with his bag after closing his locker and then sped into a small jog.

He hid behind a wall and sighed.

 

“Sehun?” A voice chirped happily and the blond met eyes with Mr. Huang.

No.

No! No!

Sehun wasn’t ready to have his dream come to an end.

“Are you alright? What are you doing outside the teacher’s office? Do you need to talk to someone?” The teacher asked, tilting his head a little. He patiently stared at Sehun, and after a moment gave a small smile.

Sehun’s eyes were wide and staring right back at him.

“Sehun?” He questioned again.

The young student choked as Mr. Huang’s hand met his forehead and his other hand was pressed against his own skin. Sehun felt his heart rate sky rocket and all he could do was stare up at the hand that was pressed against his skin.

Contact!

He swallowed nervously. The older male removed his hand from Sehun’s head and placed it on his hip questioningly, “You’re not ill… Hm… Are you so silent because of yesterday evening?”

Sehun squinted and placed his own hand on his forehead to double check… “So… That did happen?”

Mr. Huang eyes widened in shock. Didn't Sehun think that they had confessed to one another?
 

He peered around for anyone that could be eavesdropping on their conversation.

However… He thought it too much of a risk to discuss the matter out here.

Sehun’s mouth opened to speak.

That did really happen! They did confess to one another.

Each other’s feelings… Were in the open.

 

“Mr. Huang… I…”

 

Then he squealed as he felt himself be pulled into the teacher’s office.

 

The blond student sighed as his bag had fallen to the floor after being pulled into the teacher’s office by the male in front of him.

He reached down to pick up the fallen bag but arms wrapped around him from in front. He could feel the pounding of a heart that wasn’t his as he slowly naturally nestled himself into the embrace.

“Sehun. I like you.” Mr. Huang said sadly as he squeezed the boy tightly against him. Sehun heard the deep voice, it riveted through him along with the vibrations from the older’s chest.

He swallowed nervously as he attempted to pull away for air, “I’m sorry.” The blond whispered as he picked up his bag.

He felt so stupid for not saying anything and staring in awe. Who could blame him though?

His teacher and him… They liked each other.

 

Zitao couldn’t believe Sehun assumed yesterday didn’t happen. What would have happened if he never mentioned it at all? Would the teenager have just continued his day like normal?

He smiled and cleared his throat, “Honestly… You make me worry about you and it’s because you thought I never said how I felt.”

“You didn’t pinch me!” Sehun squealed out in sudden anger.

“Pinch you?”

“Yes… So I knew I wasn’t dreaming.”

“Sehun. I’m sorry. I’ll tell you again so you know it’s real.”

The student braced himself.

“Seeing you makes my heart leap in my chest.” The teacher exclaimed painfully with a sigh as he placed his hand to his heart. “I told you I have a crush on you. Did you think I was lying?” He almost whispered as he stared towards his pupil a little hurt.

“I have to compose myself daily. When you’re in my class I have to remind myself to teach the lesson and not watch you writing in that little notepad instead of doing the work.”

Sehun gasped, “Y-You knew I wasn’t doing the work?”

Zitao smirked as he saw the shocked expression on his adorable face.

“Yes.”

He was surprised he didn’t get embarrassed at the fact he just announced he watched him…

 

Sehun’s cheeks turned pink and he crossed his hands towards himself. He bowed his head, “I promise I’ll do the work… I just get distracted too, uh by you…” He muttered and then continued, “But it’s because I really like you too… Um… Then I write…”

He felt his whole body burning as he knew that Mr. Huang knew exactly what sort of stuff he wrote.

He’d read it yesterday! That much he knew was definitely true and had happened 100%. “You know!” He snapped embarrassed as the teacher stood still listening.

Then a few seconds later Mr. Huang gave a short laugh at Sehun’s embarrassed expression and reached his hand out to touch his red face.

Sehun gulped and then shut his eyes.

He opened them when the bell rung for classes to start. He saw the furrow on the taller male’s brow as he turned to the large coffee table and scooped up a pile of papers. He handed them to Sehun who took them confusingly, as the teacher swung a laptop case over his shoulder and grabbed a mug full of tea and headed towards the door.

“Mr. Huang?” The blond said a little disheartened by the sudden switch from them being so close to him being just his teacher and himself his student once more. He guessed this would have to be the way it was if they were to progress into anything.

“Will you help me take my papers to the lesson?”

“I um… I have to go the other way.” Sehun announced awkwardly. He didn’t have Mr. Huang’s lesson until later. As much as he’d love to spend more time with the older male he didn’t want a textbook thrown at him by Mr. Wu.

“I see. I understand.” The dark haired teacher grumbled slightly and then suddenly gave the student that was looking up at him a warm smile.

“Later then, Sehun.” He said and his shoes pressed against the hard floor to begin walking.

Those feet stumbled back as Zitao was caught off balance for a second. He looked down to see smaller arms wrapped around his abdomen.

He blinked for a second and pulled out a pair of glasses and pushed them up his nose and looked down again to make sure he wasn’t imagining it. He felt his face burning at Sehun’s actions when he confirmed they were happening.

 

There were footsteps trudging down the halls, students heading towards their lessons, they couldn’t see this!

The damage it would do to the pair of them…

He quickly tapped the younger’s arms and he was released. The warmth of the adorable blond smushed into the back of him was replaced by the cold air of the halls.

He turned around and ran his hand through the slightly longish hair of his student and smiled sadly with tinted cheeks.

 

The blond smiled for a quick second too and then darted off down the halls, his heart pounding wildly at what he managed to muster the courage to do. He was so happy!

 

“Mr. Huang?” A student called after the teacher was stood dazed at how adorable Sehun was.

A bunch of them began whispering, wondering if he was sick. He snapped out of it and turned to them.

“Have you finished your assignments?” He boomed loudly which caused them to rush into the room in a panic to quickly sneak what they could down on paper.

He grinned and entered the room. He couldn’t wait until later.

His class with Sehun was his favourite. He’d get to watch the adorable blond hard at work.

 

 

 

“You’re late Sehun.” His teacher spat and hovered over him with his ridiculous height. Mr. Wu really didn’t tolerate late students. Sehun knew he was going to be late, but a detention was worth it if it meant he got to hug his crush Huang Zitao.

“Sorry, sir.” He said instantly and felt his soul ready to escape his material form.

Ignoring the apology, Wu Yifan rolled his eyes and shut the door behind the blond; trapping him into the class along with the other students who didn’t dare to peer up in case they got thrown out of the window.

“And, you were where exactly instead of making your way to my class?” He questioned sharply and ran a hand through his dirty blond locks.

Every student would agree (of course not to his face) that Wu Yifan was very high on the list of attractive teachers. If it wasn’t for his attitude and harshness he’d probably make students want to learn from his eyes alone.

Sehun peered into those eyes and swallowed. “I was helping Mr. Huang.” He said truthfully.

He didn’t want to be hung drawn and quartered in the middle of the classroom for lying.

“Huang, huh.” Mr. Wu repeated and then after a few dangerous seconds sighed. He motioned for Sehun to sit down and gave him a detention in his break.

The blond whined internally… However, he supposed it was better than being ditched by his friend again.

 

Later the bell rang again to signal the students in the school’s break. Sehun sat and fiddled his thumbs as the teacher wiped the board from complicated mathematical multiplications.

Sehun wasn’t bad at Mathematics, he just preferred to not stand out and be bullied by anyone for being good at it, so he’d purposely get them wrong.

Wu Yifan picked up a mug full of a dark liquid. Sehun assumed it was coffee to get him through the day, Mr. Wu seemed like a coffee type of person.

The teacher span on his heels slowly and stopped drinking as he saw Sehun still perched in his seat.

“Ah.” He muttered and placed down his mug recalling the detention he’d given. He rumbled through a bag for a second and then placed a test he’d marked on Sehun’s desk.

The blond looked down and saw his name written in the name box and bit his lip.

“You scored a perfect 100%.” The teacher stated as if Sehun couldn’t read the large 100% written in thick red pen across the front.

“Sehun. I’m not keeping you here to punish you. I want you to consider being serious about this subject. There are Advanced Mathematics classes.”

The timid writer stood up in defence. “I’d have to drop some of my English lessons. I really like those…”

He gulped as Wu Yifan’s sharp gaze shot up from the paper and to his student's eyes.

“This isn’t about like. This is about your future.”

 


 

Sehun scowled as he walked down the halls at lunch after his Food class with his small meal he had made for an assessment in a container.

It wasn’t the teacher that caused his sour mood, Mr. Do Kyungsoo was so kind despite his unfortunate angry face. He was very passionate about food and it was evident in the way he was full of energy every lesson.

No student had seen him have an energy drink during their years here so they wondered where it came from and wished they could be so energetic…

Sehun was stressed out about his earlier lesson of Mathematics. Mr. Wu trying to make him drop English!

As if! He wasn’t going to give up the time he got to spend with Huang Zitao anytime soon.

He felt his stomach twist a little and trudged on.

 

He found himself outside Huang Zitao’s room and swallowed. He’d end up outside it without purposely meaning to.

He peered in through the small glass window in the door a little and saw the teacher sigh but then smile again as he opened his lunch.

Sehun almost chuckled as he saw pasta, same as the other day. He clutched the container and swallowed.

He opened the door nervously as he knew Mr. Huang’s eyes would be on him the second he did. He awkwardly closed it and turned back around.

“Sehun.” The name poured from Zitao’s lips like honey as he greeted the boy after the long morning of not seeing him. Sehun glanced at him and then his pasta, “Is it okay if I eat with you? I made food if you want some!” He squealed and held up the container to present his meal.

“Of course. I’d like to eat with you.”

“I-It’s okay?” The blond stammered in surprise.
 

“It’s okay as long as I get to try something you made.” The teacher said with a small blush and cleared his throat as he put his pasta to the side.

“Ah… There’s only half because one of my classmates took some. He’s a little strange. He only acts up in my food class to irritate Mr. Do. But we could swap if you like.”

Mr. Huang shook his head.

Sehun was so cute and kind-hearted it made him lose his train of thought. In fact, he wasn’t even hungry anymore, his stomach churned as he realised he’d be alone with Sehun again.

He smiled, “Oh? What’s his name? If I teach him I’ll punish him for stealing some of the food I want to eat.”

“Jongin.” Then the blond's eyes widened, “Wait, punish!? No… Uh…”
 

Zitao couldn’t help but smirk a little as Sehun became flustered.

“It’s just food.” The younger said embarrassingly trying to defend his classmate from a fate worse than death.

“You made it, though.” The teacher said as a matter of fact and opened the container and took some of it onto his fork.

Sehun watched patient yet eager to see the reaction.

“Sehun?”

“Y-Yes?”

“Is the pasta any good?”

“Oh…” The blond said and quickly crammed some of the heavily coated pasta into his mouth and slowly chewed. “It’s nice.”

“So is this. You’re a very good cook.”

“T-Thank you, Mr. Huang.” Sehun squeaked and looked down.

“You can call me Zitao if you’d like.”

“No way, I’m not ready for that!” The student said having an internal panic to keep his composure as he stared at the food.

Zitao smiled he reached his large hands out, cupped Sehun’s face and tilted his head up so the boy looked at him in the eye,

“Punishing that student… I suppose I’ll let it go if you come with me to a café this evening.”