Saved by the bell

More Than A Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A/N: You asked for Jessica's POV right??? Here's one for ya!!!

 

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

Oh. My. God!

 

I did not just say that!!! Please someone tell me I hadn’t admitted to sharing the twins’ fascination with Seunghyun’s abs. What the , Jessi?! What the ?!

 

Heat flooded my cheeks. I would never be able to face him. Tomorrow I’d email my resignation, cancel the trip this weekend and block his number forever!

 

I dragged myself to the bedroom and changed into my light cotton pajama. As I washed my face, I gazed in the mirror, not surprised to see the heightened color in my cheeks. I could just die. How could I be so dumb? Seunghyun was probably laughing himself sick over my naïve reaction.

 

“You’re definitely a class-A, fully certified, and approved by ISO9001 idiot, Jessi!” I said. “The man is a drop-dead gorgeous hunk, but you don’t have to act like a teenager with a crush. Besides, he’s looking for a wife to watch those children. With a history of marrying for expediency, what else could you expect?”

 

Not that I’m interested in marriage though. I had a career to build/ I wanted to become secure in my life, prove to myself and the world that I could take care of myself and make a difference. It would be a long time before I was interested in marriage.

 

When I slipped beneath the covers, I couldn’t help but remember the bid bed in Seunghyun’s room. Knowing he slept on the left side seemed very intimate. I bet no one else in the entire firm knew that about him. Maybe what I said hadn’t been so bad. Maybe I could keep working for C&H Associates. After all, I wasn’t sure I could live with Seunghyun withdrawal.

 

 

*

 

Someone had heard my plea because the next morning when I overheard two fellow employees mention that Seunghyun would be absent yet again from the office. They commiserated with his difficulties in finding competent domestic help. While sorry he hadn’t found a baby-sitter, I was grateful for the breathing space. At least I didn’t have to face him at work after my embarrassing remark.  With any luck, I’d come down with the flu before tomorrow morning and have a good excuse to cancel the weekend.

 

But Saturday dawned clear and sunny, and despite myself, I felt in pristine condition. I had to admit the excitement that filled me at the thought of spending the weekend with Seunghyun, even going as a baby-sitter for his twins. I knew I’d spend most of the day in his company. And tonight, we were going to dinner alone. I felt almost giddy with anticipation.

 

I packed a dress, one of the few I owned. It looked a lot more feminine than my business suits. I hoped it would be appropriate for the restaurant. With a little lace at the collar and cuffs, it was dressy.

 

Watching from my window, I spotted the three of them when they turned the corner and walked down my building. I knew parking was difficult and wondered how far away he’d had to park. The twins were each clinging to a hand, Haeun talking nonstop. Yeeun looked around as if absorbing every new sight.

 

But my gaze stayed on Seunghyun. He looked incredibly y in jeans and a black pullover sweater. His hair was tousled, as if the wind had danced through. He laughed at something Haeun said and my heart clutched. I could look at him all day and never get my fill. Swallowing hard, I wondered if I were out of my mind to spend the weekend with them.

 

When the bell rang, I opened my door wide.

 

“Hi.” I said. Afraid to meet Seunghyun’s eyes after my confession on the phone the other night, I smiled at the twins instead.

 

“Hi, Jessi.” Haeun flung herself at me, wrapping her arm around my legs. I stooped and hugged the little girls, first Haeun, then Yeeun. That ritual complete, the twins darted into the living room and began exploring.

 

“Don’t touch anything.” Seunghyun roared.

 

I laughed and met his eyes. “They can’t hurt anything here.”

 

“Maybe not, but it’s good practice, right?”

 

I nodded. My smile began to fade as my awareness of the man in front of me rose.

 

He stepped closer, his hand cupping the back of my neck. Slowly he smiled that wicked smile that could honestly melt my entire world. “I might be equally fascinated.” He said in a low drawl. His free hands took mine and placed it against his chest.

 

I blushed to the roots of my hair as his mouth descended over mine.

 

Sparks flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around us, along with all of our worries, our troubles and our problems. He made me feel like none of that mattered. It was a small yet warm kiss. I honestly never knew a kiss so innocent could be so intimate and electrifying. 

 

When Seunghyun pulled away, I kept my eyes closed. I knew I was about to die of embarrassment.

 

“Jessi?”

 

His voice should be patented, I thought. If we could bottle it and sell it, someone would make millions.

 

‘What?” I tried to lower my head, my eyes tightly shut, but his finger beneath my chin kept it rose.

 

“Open your eyes.”

 

I shook my head.

 

“Why not?” His tone sounded reasonable. Why couldn’t feel reasonable?

 

“Because if I keep my eyes shut, no one can see me.”

 

He laughed. “Like the girls. I don’t want to shatter your beliefs, but I can see you. And feel you.”

 

I opened my eyes and found myself gazing directly into his, only a few inches away. My hands were pressed against his strong chest. Even through the pullover covering him, I could feel the hard muscles.

 

He leaned and whispered in my ear. “I will let you look at my abs if you want to.”

 

Dropping my forehead against his shoulder, I knew I was lost. There was no way out of this awkward situation.

 

“I might as well die now.” I said.

 

His chuckle annoyed me. Was I just someone to amuse him?
 

“I for one hope you don’t. Come on, it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter