Part 4: Getting to Know

Heartless
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Appa, Kyuhyun, don't leave me. I am scared. Please don't go!!"

Joohyun muttered through tears as the her father and the boy bravely jumped down the window of the second floor. The bad guys surrounding the vacation house noticed their escape attempt immediately and were in a commotion to go after them.

Joohyun worriedly looked at her father and the boy she loved who were swiftly approaching the car but then...

Bang!

~~~

Seohyun opened her eyes in shock. "Kyu.. Kyuhyun." She whispered before closing her eyes thankfully with the realisation that she had only been dreaming about him again. It had been so long since she met him. But she still missed him so badly.

She still had so many questions for him. She wanted to know why he was taking so long to come back to her. She wanted to know how he had been surviving all those years on his own. Most important of all, to ask him everything she wanted to know, she sincerely hoped he was still alive and in good health.

But she saw him get shot before he could reach the car. The chances that he could have survived the accident on that day were very slim. She even lost her father in that severe car accident. Although it was also really painful to accept, it was an undeniable truth because his body was found in the car. So the best thing she could hope for her father was that he would be able to rest in peace. 

Even though people said that the child's body must have been burned to ashes when the car exploded, for Kyuhyun, whose traces were not found at the scene, she still wanted to believe in his promise.

'Appa, he is still alive right?'

But until he came back for her, she had to live like he never existed in her life. Because that was the last thing he asked from her. And that's why she had been trying so hard to forget him but she still found herself thinking about him whenever she found herself in hard times.

How could she forget the only boy who helped her through all the hard times of her life during her young age?

She slowly relaxed her mind, trying to recall what happened to her at present. She had been running and running but what happened after that was a blurred memory.

She opened her eyes slowly and anxiously looked around. She was not in her home or a hospital. She was in a dark room with no window. There was only a small lamp in the room she was in. All the walls are painted black yet, the place looked clean.

Where was she? She tried to get up but she stopped because of the incredible pain in her arm. She yelped in pain and those memories rushed back in her mind.

Yes, she heard someone yelp in pain in a distance before a gunshot reached her ears and she felt her arm grazed by the bullet that she crouched down in pain. That was all she could remember clearly.

Did the killer come again? He even had a gun? She couldn't be any more surprised. With the blood flowing out of her arm that reminded her of the people murdered by the killer, she had a panic attack and she couldn't feel nor do anything. But even though she was so overwhelmed with fear, she knew that someone carried her and embraced her tightly.

She must be too emotional at the moment that she felt like she even heard Kyuhyun's voice calling her real name, "Joohyun," before she lost consciousness of her surrounding.

She held her head as she suddenly had a terrible headache. At that moment someone came into her room. She looked up despite her headache. Her heart was jumping so hard that it could really leap out of her chest. But she released a breath of relief as it was only a gentle-looking beautiful girl.

"You are awake? Good." The girl also sighed in relief. "Do you want to eat something?"

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"Seohyun shi. My name is Victoria. I can't tell you more than that. But you can relax and rest here until you get better."

"But how do you know my name? Why am I here?"

"Why would you think a name is not possible to be found out? As for your second question, K took you here."

"K? Who..." She was shocked as she realised who K might be. "The killer? He took me here!?" She stuttered. "So, you are the girl who came to kill me the other day?"

"Well. Yes. But I won't hurt you as long as you don't hurt us. So rest assured. You must still be feeling weak. Stay put. I will come back with some food."

~~~

Victoria closed the door and sighed. She didn't like Kyuhyun's idea to keep the girl with them because she simply didn't trust her. But since Kyuhyun took her there, she was not heartless enough to reject his rare request. Because she knew how much he loved that girl more than anyone, she could not be selfish to him.

But she had no idea why he loved Joohyun so much? She would never admit but she felt jealous to see how Kyuhyun stared at Joohyun with so much worry and care. She was not angry but she really felt jealous of Joohyun.

Since Kyuhyun, the only person she trusted in the world, treasured that girl so much, she had no choice but to care about her too. But she was worried for Kyuhyun who only cared about Joohyun. When it came to her, Kyuhyun was so helpless. To be honest, Kyuhyun was being very stupid.

Love is a powerful tool that could make people blind. She had experienced it, too, when Kyuhyun found Joohyun again and she unexpectedly found herself helping Kyuhyun out.

Just like Kyuhyun would act without thinking anything properly for Joohyun, Victoria had decided to do everything for Kyuhyun. Even if Kyuhyun was digging his own grave happily, she would let him dig and then, hide behind him and fill up the dug grave again, simply because she loved him so much.

~~~

Turning off the stove, Victoria headed towards the quiet room and knocked. Kyuhyun was not someone easy to convince. He was stubborn and he was so selfless. When he was determined, no one could stop him and once he broke down, there was no easy way to help him get up again.

There, he was locking himself in his room. Victoria knew how much Kyuhyun hated to hurt people. When they trained together, she felt really sympathetic towards Kyuhyun who would even feel sorry to have caused a scratch on someone else.

He had such a soft heart. Unlike her who had lived her life bitterly, Kyuhyun had lived his whole life feeling guilty for things that weren't his faults at all.

He learned to be heartless because he wanted to be stronger and braver so that he wouldn't have problems to protect Joohyun in the future. Because he didn't want to feel guilty towards certain people anymore. Even though he really hated hurting others, he had killed people who were hopeless to see light again, all for his one and only girl, Joohyun.

Everything he did was for Joohyun because he still couldn't forgive himself who wasn't able to protect her 6 years ago.

Yet, he was feeling sad because he had let Joohyun get hurt again. It wasn't his fault at all, but for Kyuhyun who only had Joohyun in his mind and heart, losing Joohyun was his biggest fear. To protect Joohyun was his biggest responsibility, even if Joohyun didn't acknowledge his means of doing it.

Victoria knocked again because there was no response from Kyuhyun. "Kyu- K.. Let's talk...... About Joohyun... She is awake."

She waited for a few seconds before turning away from the door to go to Joohyun. But

Please log in to read the full chapter