Part 2: Confused Feelings

Heartless
Please log in to read the full chapter

2 days after the crime...

As expected, she was called in to take part in the investigation. But unexpected chaos awaited her at the police station. The victims' families were waiting for her.

"She is the monster." "Our husbands died because of her." "She should be arrested." There were many people sobbing with hatred towards her outside the hospital.

"Pay back for Appa." "That's totally unfair."

She didn't mind being accused of a criminal but those cries, they were ripping her heart apart. She was already in deep sorrow for the death of the bad guys but thinking about all those people who were suffering for their deaths, Seohyun couldn't help but hate the murderer even more.

But there was nothing she could do for them just like there was nothing she could have done for the deceased people. When they were about to hurt her, she asked for help from god. But if she knew that much people would have to suffer because of her, she should have just given up trying to live.

She wouldn't have minded if she knew, those people wouldn't have to suffer if she were gone. Because if she had died earlier, all those people would not be asked to catch her and end up in a miserable tragedy.

"I am sorry." She whispered towards the people who were glaring at her with sympathy before entering the investigation room.

~~~

Her appearance and her strength didn't make her a possible suspect even though she was at the crime scene. The chief inspector was also kind to her as if he thought she would break apart if he said something wrong.

She told him everything she knew about the murderer. There was no use trying to protect a murderer just because she was kind of saved by him. A heartless man would never change. That was what she believed. A hand that had killed would never hesitate to kill again.

She should make things fair for the people who died unfairly under his bloodthirsty sword even though her heart wanted to know the reason behind those tender eyes of the murderer.

"Seohyun shi, thank you for your cooperation. That murderer might come after you because no murderer let a witness live. Be careful. Please contact us if you encounter any suspicious people."

"Yes I understand, sir."

"Park Junsu is my name. I guess we will be meeting each other often until we catch the criminal." The man introduced himself with a smile. "And don't feel so guilty about the remaining families. The people who died were not good ones but of course, their families have the right to grieve for them."

But how could she not feel guilty? But she hid her sadness. Being sad for them wouldn't bring back the lost ones after all.

"Nae, Park Junsu ssi. Then excuse me."

She excused herself after returning a smile towards the inspector. However, she missed to see how the assuring smile turned into a smirk as soon as she left the room.

~~~

A few minutes later...

"Agashi, are you running away from some sort of gang?" She was slightly startled as the taxi driver suddenly asked her, cutting her continuous random thoughts.

"No. Ahjushi. Why?"

"I think we are being followed by three cars. It's been since the police station."

"What!?" Unbelievingly, she looked around and noticed it was true. Three cars were following behind the taxi.

She was shocked. It was impossible. It was day time. Why would they let their identity be exposed to catch her? Seriously, she wanted to tell to whoever sent those fellows behind her that it was unnecessary. She was no longer Seo Joohyun. Just Seohyun.

Greed, it makes people feel less secure and less hesitant to do anything. But she had to do something, too. They couldn't follow her until her hostel. If they knew where she stayed, not only her but also everyone else staying in the hostel would not be safe. Luckily, she hadn't told the Taxi driver a different location from where she stayed habitually. But she still hoped that they won't go after the driver to know her hideout.

"Ahjusshi, I am sorry but can you drop me off over there?"

She paid the fare and ran into the nearest alley as soon as the Taxi stopped, ready to test her luck to get away from those men again.

~~~

Life just wasn't fair. Why did she always have to be running away from them? Against the strong guys, she had no choice but to run away all the time despite the fact that she had done nothing wrong.

But she was too used to it. So, as long as she ran fast, she could get away from them. She believed she would have managed to escape the last time as well if she hadn't tripped. But it was an awful memory. It had become one more day that she wanted to erase from her life, just like the day she lost everything 6 years ago.

The scenes of dead people and crimson blood replayed in her eyes. It was dark to see everything clearly but it was still something that would take a long time to be forgotten.

She tried to shake the thoughts away. She shouldn't be thinking about the past and get scared. She encouraged herself. She could get away without getting hurt like she always did in the past.

But before she knew it, her legs were so tired. Why did they come after her two times in such a short while? They probably knew that she would appear at the police station.

She had been running in the alleys for the past 5 minutes. Tiredness was attacking her. It was getting hard to catch a breath and her speed was gradually slowing down. But those man were still strong as if they had just started running. She yelped in shock as a hand grabbed hers. She had been caught!

She was pulled backwards by strong hands. A pocket knife was placed merely an inch away from her neck and she had to stop all her movements so that the sharp edge of the knife wouldn't sink into .

It was going to be the end. She thought and closed her eyes.

She had already ran for the past 6 years. But in the end, she still got caught after all.

She breathed in slowly. The sad faces of the deceased men's family members came into her mind. If she knew that she would end up dying in one of their hands earlier, she shouldn't have tried so hard. If she had been caught earlier, so many people wouldn't have died like that.

She sighed again. She should just be glad that the murderer didn't came out again to attack all those people who were sent to catch her right then.

But she sighed too early. She heard a sound of something traveling through air. With a scream of pain behind her, thick liquid splashed on her neck and back and the man stumbled away.

Seohyun might look crazy but she still worried for the bad guys' safety even though she knew what they would do to her. She widened her eyes and turned back to loo

Please log in to read the full chapter