oo1

Love Story

Their time of courtship lasted only 4 months. 4 months filled with late night phone calls and shy attempts at talking to one another. Jaehee fancied the boy for quite some time, while Sehun wasn't necessarily looking for a relationship at the moment. All that changed when an occurence that needed the two to be forced together happened. The two naturally became friends and gradually feelings started to bloom. 

4 months. 4 months was all it took for Sehun to muster up all his courage and ask Jaehee to be his official girlfriend. The girl accepted with joy unimaginable to others. 

Sehun was popular with the girls and had many different offers handed to him. Jaehee liked one person, and that was Sehun. People often disagreed to the pairing saying that they were two seperate worlds apart. She was water while he was fire. Two elements never able to coincide, but they forgot that fire and water makes smoke. They do produce something, and that was what Sehun and Jaehee did. They defeated the odds and showed the people they were made for one another. Sehun and Jaehee emmitted joy and happiness. The couple was carefree and often childish, but that was one of their best traits. They were never a serious couple. 


"Jaehee barely told you she liked you?" 

Sehun nodded and smiled. It was his birthday where Jaehee was acting different. He took notice to it but didn't say anything since he knew his girlfriend was a quite odd. Not in the sense of bipolar, but in the sense that small things easily affected her mood. Thus, his conclusion of not asking what was wrong. Jaehee had been fidgeting as they were driving to the movies. "Are you excited for the movies?" 

Jaehee glanced at Sehun and returned to facing the window. "Yeah. I've been looking forward to watching this since it came out." 

"You and your Nicholas Sparks movie." He smiled. "You can tell how much i love you because i let you take me to watch these movies. If it wasn't for you, I would never be seen watching these movies." 

Sehun noticed Jaehee suddenly stiffen up but quickly relax back down. "Are you kidding? When i look over to you, you're so immersed in the scene. When we watched the Notebook i saw your eyes slightly tear up." 

"There was something in my eye." 

Jaehee laughed momentarily taking her uneasiness away but came back as soon as her laughter died down. "Sehun, why did you decide to go out with me?" 

"Because you showed me how much you care about me." He looked at her and sent a small, loving smile. He adored Jaehee with all that he had. She was the most unlikeliest person he thought he would end up with, but she was perfect for him. "That time i hurt myself in a soccer game, you came rushing towards me with full of concern. I knew there that you wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Right?" 

She nodded but voiced her agreement. Her voice dripping of sincerity and honesty. "Of course." 

The movie had quickly ended and they were sitting on the back of his truck. "I can't believe im going to say this, but that movie was a masterpiece sent by God himself." 

Jaehee laughed at her boyfriend's statement. "I knew you were going to like it. Like every Nicholas Sparks movie we've watched together." 

They were lying on the back of the truck that was filled with blankets and pillows. Sehun always had blankets and pillows with him wherever he went with Jaehee knowing how much she loved laying outside cuddled under the stars. Sehun kissed her forehead and pulled her closer as if it were possible. "I'd watch all of those romantic movies as long as im watching it with you. Because i love you that much." 

Sehun had brought Jaehee to the front of her door. "Thanks for the movie. Though i should have paid because its your birthday." She pouted evidently. 

He shook his head and held both her hands in his. "I'm your boyfriend. Thats what boyfriends are suppose to do. If I don't I would be breaking all the rules of a good boyfriend." 

"Goodnight Sehun." They kissed and the door was closed behind Jaehee. A few moments had passed and Jaehee started panicking. No. She had to tell him. She swung the door open and ran up to Sehun who was about to drive out of her driveway. "Sehun!" 

The boy parked his car halfway out of the driveway and looked at Jaehee. "Yeah?" 

"I'm sorry I haven't been the best girlfriend. I'm catious about everything I do, and I know you want me to be more open to you about things. I'm trying to be more open to you but its hard. I was going to tell you before the movie but then you said you loved me and i started to panic and i didn't know how to respond to you except pretending i didn't hear you like i always do.  I know you know how im obviously trying to change the subject everytime the word love is brought up but you need to know-" 

"Jaehee. You're spitting out words." 

She nodded and took a deep breathe. This was making her heart pound incessantly. "Sorry. I just don't know how to say it." 

"Look at me and just tell me like you're telling me about your favorite Nicholas Sparks movie." 

"I like you."  She said it exactly as she would have said if she was talking about her favorite romance movie. She said it wholeheartedly and meant every syllable. Those three words, eight letters, three syllables were clearly proffesed to Sehun.

It took a while for Sehun to register all that is going on. When he finally got back to his senses, he opened his car door and embraced Jaehee like she was going to slip out of his grip in any second. "I like you too." Sehun knew it was a difficult feat for his girlfriend to accomplish, but she did it for him on his birthday which made it the very much more special. It was a small confession, but it was the best confession. 

 

"Yeah. Jaehee told me after dating for 6 months." Sehun responded.

His friend was shocked at how long it took the girl to say the three words people often said without a second thought. "You mean she never said she liked you? Like at all?"

"Nope. I noticed that she never actually said 'I like you' to me. I've asked her if she liked me and she would nod and say yes but never the actual words. Until that day." 


School was always something the two looked forward too, especially choir class. It was Jaehee's time to stare at Sehun without the feeling of being the stereotypical obssessive girlfriend. Everyone stared at Sehun since he was the boy who could play the violin and sing. Now Jaehee was also talented in the musical area, but she often let others take the spotlight instead of her. Sehun disagreed to her act but applauded her humble ways. He had always thought her voice was angelic and wouldn't mind listening to her sing him songs all day on repeat. He could never get tired of hearing her voice. 


Weekends were filled with adventures the two spontaneously decided on. If Sehun wanted to go play in the park, Jaehee obliged, and they were off to the park. If Jaehee wanted to just spend time at home watching Netflix, Sehun wouldn't say no to a few hours tangled up in bed with Jaehee. 

They would easily finish a season in one day and that was how Jaehee liked spending their time together. She would try to focus on the show, but Sehun would always try to distract her by tickling her or kissing her in areas that made her jump. Sehun loved to tease Jaehee, be it his sadistic ways or it was his way of showing his affection towards her. 

In the end of their Netflix marathon, the show would be playing in the backgound as the two would cuddle falling asleep in each other's arms. 


When Sehun met Jaehee's family, it was not the ideal situation he was so dearly hoping for. He wanted to meet her parents and show them that he was mature enough to date their daughter being that Sehun was younger than Jaehee was. 

Jaehee had invited Sehun over for dinner that Friday night. He dressed up in a nice dress shirt, one of his best, and drove over to Jaehee's house nervous as hes ever been. 

The person who opened the door was none other Jaehee's father. He was a tall bulky man. Emphasizing on the bulky as Sehun, who didn't have the biggest body out there, feared if her father ever disliked him in any way, Sehun would be sent to the hospital with one punch. "You must be Sehun." 

He gulped and smiled gawkly. "Good evening Mr. Park. My name is Oh Sehun. Its very nice to meet you." Sehun held his hand out waiting for Jaehee's father's response. 

"We'll see if its good to meet you." He widened the door even further motioning for Sehun to come in. "Jaehee is still getting ready so why don't you wait in the living room." 

It felt as if a century had passed by as Sehun was waiting patiently in the living room. Jaehee's father was sitting on the other side of the couch watching a show as Sehun was breaking down in cold sweat. His eyes were plastered on the door of Jaehee's room waiting for the said girl to emerge and help him in his awkward position. 

"Jaehee!" He exclaimed. "You look beautiful." 

"Why didn't you tell me i looked beautiful when you first saw me?" Jaehee's father spoke loudly. 

Sehun didn't know how to respond to her father's statement. Would he say a joke back or actually compliment him saying that hes beautiful too? He looked to Jaehee hoping she would help him in this situation. "Dad, give him a break." 

"I'm just seeing if hes got what it takes to date my daughter." 

"Sehun is perfect for Jaehee." A female voice echoed and a figure emerged out of the kitchen who was Jaehee's mother in an apron. "Hi Sehun, im Jaehee's mom. Its very nice to meet you. You look very handsome. Just how my daughter described you." 

Sehun turned to Jaehee and gave the already blushing girl a big smile. "Its very nice to meet you Mrs. Park. You have a very lovely home." 

Dinner was chaotic as Jaehee's younger sister kept pestering Sehun and asking him questions that were not easily answerable when Jaehee's parents were around. "Did you kiss my sister already?" "How far did you guys go already?" "You haven't had yet right? Cause my dad would probably murder you right on the spot." 

"Park Nana. Stop it." Jaehee said noticing how uncomfortable Sehun was in the situation. She laid a hand on his thigh and smiled sweetly at him. 

"I'm so sorry. My family isn't the most appropriate. My dad was just giving you a hard time and my sister is being a brat." Jaehee said apologizing. 

Sehun laughed and shook his head. "Its alright. I like your family. They're very lively. How about dinner at my house next time?" 


It was the middle of April when Jaehee found herself driving over to Sehun's house. She was speeding through the streets trying to reach his house as fast as she could becuase if she waited any longer, she wouldn't do what she was planning on doing in the first place. Jaehee would chicken out or rationalize a reason why it wasn't a good idea in the first place. 

"Sehun? Are you home?" She called him as she neared his house. 

"Yeah, my parents just left. Why? Do you need me to go over to your house? What happened? Is something wrong?" 

By the time Sehun had finished his sentences of worry, Jaehee was already sprinting up to his front door ringing the doorbell continuously until a tall male stood in front of her. "Jaehee whats wrong? Why are you here? Did something happen?" 

Her panting came to a stop and she gathered up her thoughts before looking directly into his eyes. "I was looking at our old photos and i realised something. I'm so stupid for not telling you sooner, but its better late than never right? I had this planned out but as i was looking at our old photos and the letters you wrote to me, i realized how much i love you. Im so sorry for not telling you. Im sorry for always ignoring you when you told me you loved me. Im sorry for all those times you said you loved me and never got a response back. Im so sorry it took me almost 2 years of dating for me to tell you that i love you. I love you Sehun." 


When Sehun asked Jaehee to be his girlfriend, he didn't quite know how catious she was at everything she did. He knew that she wasn't the type of person to just decide on something right then and there. Jaehee thought things through and leveled out the pros and cons before choosing something.

He saw her catiousness in full effect when he asked her to be his girlfriend. He asked her, and she gave him an answer after one whole week. The entire week shew as contemplating on whether she should say yes or no. She outweighed the pros and cons and came to her decision in the end. She said yes in dating Sehun.

It took the girl a whole 6 months of dating Sehun before telling him that she liked him. It took her even longer to tell him she loved him when Sehun had been telling her he loved her shortly after she finally told him she liked him. She didn't want to fully accept the fact that she loved him until she knew with all her heart that this relationship wasn't just something that was going to past. She shared her feelings to Sehun when she felt that this was going to be a long term relationship and it was going to last.


Jaehee's graduation was approaching fast and Sehun knew he had to learn to live everyday without seeing Jaehee. It was going to be tough, but he knew that their relationship could stand the long distance and the trials that come with it. 

The summer before Jaehee would leave for college was filled with days just spent savoring the last few moments of being together completely. It was going to be a few months till they would see each other, and they both knew that. They spent as much time as they could basking in each other's presence hoping that it would keep them sane through the time spent apart. 

Sehun was going to be left finishing high school while Jaehee had her entire life ahead of her. 


"How's your dorm?"

"Nice. I decorated my wall with pictures of you. Pictures of us." There was a pause. "I miss you. I miss you so much." 

"I miss you so much too." Sehun said his heart breaking at every sniffle he heard across the line. "Baby, dont cry. It alright. We can go through this. Theres texting, calling, and face timing. Its as if you're right here next to me." 

"You know its not the same. Stop lying." Jaehee said trying to stay strong for Sehun. She knew if she broke down in tears, Sehun would start to worry and do unrational things. "I love you." 

"I love you too. Jaehee, its only 4 months. We can last for 4 months just calling or texting or face timing. It took us 4 months to fall for each other, and its going to be 4 months of trials to make our love stronger. I love you. You have nothing to worry about."


When Jaehee flew back home, it was Sehun that had picked her up at the airport. He held her in her arms breathing in Jaehee's scent he so dearly missed. It was crazy how much Sehun missed her presence. If it wasn't for his phone ringing, he wouldn't have let her go. 

Sehun tightly gripped Jaehee's hand and brought it up to his lips just to lay them there as he drove. "I've missed you so much." He muttered against her hand tickling it ever so lightly. 

Jaehee giggled at the sensation. "Sehun it tickles." She smiled and intertwined her fingers with his. "I missed you so much. Kissing you through the screen is so not the same as kissing you in real life." 

As the car came to a stop at the red light, Sehun leaned over and kissed Jaehee passionately trying to convey how much he loved her in that one short kiss interrupted by loud honks from behind. "I miss kissing that mole on the top of your lip so much. I love you." He said and brought her hand again back on his lips where they were before. 

That night, Sehun had spent dinner over at Jaehee's house. It didn't go like how it did when he first met them. Sehun had grown to have a close relationship to her family as she was away. He would always drop by and catch up on a few things while Jaehee was still at college, so they had quite a long conversation at the table. 

"Dad, can Sehun sleep over?" Jaehee asked timidly. It was the question she knew her father hated to hear especially if the person sleeping over was a boy. Obviously since what parent would allow that. But her father agreed, though not at first. He had grown quite a liking to Sehun and knew the boy wouldn't play any games. 

The two did things that were far from sleeping. They stayed up just talking for hours in each other's arms each dearly missed. "Im going to graduate next school year. Thats two years from now. Two years from now, we can spend every night like this. We won't have to miss each other so much that it literally drives us insane. At least it did to me." 

Jaehee shook her head and lightly grazed her lips on Sehun's neck and just took in his scent that was engraved in her heart. "I was going crazy too. There was no one there who would argue with me about which way the toilet paper is suppose to be turned." 

Sehun laughed and pulled Jaehee tighter. "I love you so so so much. I can't live without you. I can't even think of a time where you weren't with me. I can't think back to a time where loving you was nonexistant. I love you so much Park Jaehee." 

Jaehee smiled. She felt so dearly loved by Sehun, and it was so appeasing to hear the one she loved reciprocate her feelings as well. 


Summer after Jaehee's first year of college was spent out with Jaehee's new college friends. Sehun understood that she couldn't return back to him for a month of that time, but he knew she had to live her life too. Jaehee had a knew life now but so did Sehun. Sehun had become the captain of the basketball team and needed to practice even harder now that he was leading the team.


The new semester came rolling in like a snowball down a mountain. Sehun and Jaehee only spent a few weeks together in the summer, and the two were seperated again for another 4 months before seeing each other. They still texted everyday, but the calls became fewer and fewer as time passed on. 

Sehun was busy with basketball, while Jaehee was busy with college. This was a situation they knew was going to happen sooner or later. They just hoped it would have happened later. 

When Jaehee returned for winter break, it wasn't Sehun who picked her up this time but her parents. Sehun had called and said that there was something sudden that popped up and he had to be there. Jaehee understood and said nothing further. 

When the two would spend time together, their conversation wasn't filled with the usual 'I miss you' or 'I love you'. Before they would insert 'I love you' in the middle of the sentence because they felt like it, but now it was scarcely said. 


Another 4 months were ahead of them, but they didn't seem as eager for the semester to end like they use to. 

"Are you coming to my graduation?" Sehun asked on the other line. 

"Oh yeah, you're graduating this year huh. Two years fly by so fast." Jaehee said. "Yeah i'll be there. Hey i got to go. I have class. Take care Sehun." 

"Alright. I'll talk to you sometime." Sehun said. Jaehee didn't hang up right after Sehun finished. She stayed there waiting for the 'I love you' goodbye they always said to each other when they hung up the phone, but there was no answer back.


Sehun's graduation wasn't as Jaehee had imagined. She had thought his speech would be filled with mentions of her and saying how she was a big part of his high school life. When Jaehee graduated, her speech was filled with memories and messages directly to Sehun, but his speech had no mention of his girlfriend. 

"Hey, congrats." Jaehee smiled and gave him a hug that was returned lethargically. "Here. I didn't know what to give you, but i remembered you told me something about it last christmas. I hope you like it. Are you doing anything after this? Why don't we go out to the drive-in movies and watch it in your truck like before? I heard they're showing the Notebook." 

"Sorry, but i already made plans with my friends. Maybe we can do something tomorrow Jaehee." Sehun said briskly and turned his attention to his group of friends Jaehee had no clue as to who they were. 


"Are you going to Sehun's party tonight?" One of Jaehee's high school friends asked. "He invited everyone and you being his girlfriend, i would think you have a for sure invite without even being told." 

Jaehee just nodded. She had never heard of Sehun's party, but she was his girlfriend after all. Why not go to a party thrown by her boyfriend? 

But Jaehee wrong. So wrong. She wished she would have never gone to that party. She wished she would never have came back for his graduation. She wished that she would have never talked to Sehun. 

What she saw in the party was something she feared the most. Sehun kissing another girl that wasn't her. It wasn't just a kiss that they were doing, but they were grabbing each other hungry for more touches and more kisses. 

Jaehee ran out as fast as she could and ran straight ahead with no intentions of stopping. When her legs finally gave out, she fell to the floor and cried to her heart's content, though an occurence like that made the heart hopeless. Nothing could fix her. Nothing could heal her from the trauma she just experienced. She had put her heart and soul into Sehun. She had given him all that she had, but he threw it away like some dirty tissue. He thought nothing of all the memories they shared together. He didn't care about all the i love you's the two exchanged. Black and empty. Her soul was black and empty.


Jaehee came early in the morning the day after the party to Sehun's house. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying she did last night. She held a box in her arms and waited patiently at the front door.

Sehun had opened the door shirtless and hair clearly made from . Jaehee was disgusted at his appearance, but she couldn't bring herself to hate him. She was hurt. She was broken. But she could never hate Sehun. She could never hate the boy who opened her up to new things. She could never hate the boy who showered her with love and affection.

"Jaehee. What are you doing here?"

With a small smile, she extended the box over to the boy. "Here. These are a few of your stuff that im returning. I still have more in my car, but i haven't gotten everything yet. Theres a lot of stuff you gave me through four years, and i couldn't get everything. Don't worry i'll give them to you tomorrow or later today. Are you going to be home?" There was no response. "Thats alright, i'll just leave it in the front." 

The girl turned around to get more of the boxes from her car when Sehun grabbed her hand. "Jaehee, we need to talk. We need to talk about us." 

A tear ran down her face and she quickly wiped it off. "I already know what you're going to say so please don't make me feel even worse than i already am." 

His grip on her hand loosened and fell back down to his sides. "Im sorry." 

"Me too." Jaehee turned to face Sehun and asked in a whisper tone, "Do you love her like you loved me?" 

"Yeah." 

 Jaehee dropped the last box she had in her car. "Goodbye Sehun." 


"What did you do to Jaehee you ing bastard?" A loud voice rang on the other side of his front door. 

Sehun opened his front door and small girl, he remembered as one of Jaehee's good friends back in high school, stood. "What are you talking about?" 

"Don't lie to me. I know what you did to Jaehee." She said with her hands on her hips as if scolding a child. "You ruined her. I knew you were never a good choice she made in the beginning. When she told me she liked a guy like you, i knew it wasn't going to end pretty. Someone like you who was so popular with the girls decided to finally get a girlfriend and stay faithful? Bull. You knew how catious Jaehee was. It took her 2 ing years to tell you she loved you because she didn't want to make the mistake of giving her heart to someone who was just going to break it like a toothpick. You knew how broken she was when you guys became official. Now you did exactly what the last guy did to her. Now shes in the hospital." 

"Shes in the what?" 

"Jaehee's in the ing hospital for crying her eyes out while driving because of a bastard whose standing right in front of me." The girl said as tears were running down her eyes. "I don't even know if shes gonna make it." 

Sehun was already driving out of the driveway heading straight for the hospital. 

"PARK JAEHEE!" He called out frantically. He had to see her. He had to know she was alright. "PARK JAEHEE!" He called out again even more anxious than before. He had never felt this much nerves in his entire life. "." He cursed running to the front desk. "Park Jaehee, what room is she in?" 

The nurse quickly scanned the computer knowing how frantic the boy was in getting to the room. "206."

Jaehee was laying there in the bed with wires and tubes attached to every corner of her body. Helpless. Sehun made the once strong girl into one that was helpless. He broke down in waves of tears beside her bed. "Im so sorry. Im so so sorry. I was lonely, and she was there begging me to be with her. We were thousands of miles apart and i needed you with me. I needed your touch. I needed your kisses. I needed your voice. I needed you. I know im telling you these excuses but you got to believe me on this. I don't love her like i loved you. You and me are a totally different love story.Please. We are meant to be together. I know it. Everyone knows we belong together. So please stay? I love you. I love you so much Jaehee. Please comeback to me."

Sehun's whimpers were slowing down. He held onto Jaehee's hand and pulled up a chair next to her bed. "You know, before i left to come here, i grabbed the graduation gift you gave me. I never opened it. I didnt think i should open it. All you gave me was love and i returned nothing to you but heartache. Im so sorry. I love you." He wiped the tears streaming down his face and looked at the box. "Im going to open the present in front of you so you can see my reaction since i know you loved seeing my surprised face." 

He slowly ripped the wrapping off and opened the box. It was a ring. His eyes began to water again as he placed the ring on his left ring finger. "I can't believe you bought me a ring. Its suppose to be the guy who buys these things. I told you already." 

Sehun reached in the box to the small letter neatly folded at the bottom. 

Surprise! I know what you're going to say, but you might have chosen something i didn't like so i went and bought them myself. Let it be my gift back to all those dinner dates and movie dates you spent on me. We're okay right? We just hit a rough patch and we're going to fix everything right? I love you. So much. Are we still on the plan that you're moving in with me so we can have Netflix dates everyday?

He looked at Jaehee's fingers to see if the ring was there but no sign of it. He then checked her neck where the slightly smaller ring was hanging on the silver chain. "You always had a thing for necklaces huh." 

There was a loud beep coming from the machine that was hooked up to Jaehee. Sehun knew it was not a good sign. He rushed out the door and yelled for help. The doctors and nurses came running in with equipment that would hopefully bring the girl back to Sehun. "123 CLEAR" 

Words that were too hard to understand were being said in every direction. Sehun didn't know how to react to this situation. He looked down at the ring and noticed an engraving. 

 

Our love story.