You're nothing but trouble

Love Monster

 

This morning I was ready. I was going to completely ignore her today. I also was going to warn my friends about her so this doesn’t happen to them too.

 

On the way to school I met up with my friends as usual.

 

Good Morning, hyung.”

 

Morning.”

 

Guys! Guys! I need to tell you something.” I skipped greeting them.

 

Jiyong hyung, you don’t look okay.” Daesung's usual sunny smile was less bright.

 

Because, I’m not. I have to tell you guys something about what happened yesterday.”

 

Oh are you talking about Dara having that seizure? You can calm down, she texted us last night. She said she is doing fine. She’ll be at school today.”

 

No, I’m not worried about her. Its something else that I didn’t tell you guys because I was too freaked out yesterday.” I wave my arms about like a mad man.

 

Well spit it out.” YoungBae said.

 

It was all an act. She didn’t really have a seizure!” I still wave my arms about like a crazy person. I don't know why I am doing this but it's the only way I can seem to express myself right now.

 

So she faked it? Why would she do that?” Daesung asked in disbelief.

 

I’m getting to that. Yesterday I went with her to talk to Mr. Kim about giving me extra credit. Well he denied me and Dara went totally mad and starting screaming like she was being . Then Mr. Kim agreed and she faked like she had passed out from a seizure.” I took a breath after spilling to them about everything that happened.

 

My friends both looked at each other then they laughed.

 

Jiyong, man you need to lay off those comics you be reading.” Youngbae patted me on the shoulder.

 

I’m telling you the truth!”

 

I know you aren’t a liar but that’s really hard to believe. Dara is a sweet innocent girl she would never do anything like that.” Daesung said.

 

Sweet and innocent shouldn’t be used in the same sentence with Dara. She is neither sweet nor innocent. She is ruthless and devious. She not only had me fooled but my two best friends.

 

I know it sounds completely insane but as my two best friends in the whole wide world could you just believe me. Please. I’m really telling you. Something is wrong with her.”

 

They gave it some thought.

 

Alright.” Daesung nodded.

 

We believe you, hyung.” Youngbae says with a small smile.

 

Good. Thanks. So today let’s ignore her.”

 

My friends agreed to ignore her and continue our lives as if she wasn’t a part of it. We stopped at each others locker to get the books we needed for our first period.

 

Hi, guys.” When we were waiting for YoungBae at his locker Dara, came up to us out of the blue. We turned away from her and started talking like she wasn’t there.

 

Hello, you guys hear me?” She spoke a bit louder.

 

So, did you read the latest One Piece chapter?” I asked.

 

No, I’m so done with One Piece. It’s complete crap now. I’m sticking to Bleach.” YoungBae says.

 

We continued talking until she walked away. I sighed in relief I guess this will be easier than I thought.

 

I feel kind of bad doing this to her.” Daesung said.

 

You shouldn’t it’s for the best.” I told him.

 

For the rest of the morning, it was awkward, VERY AWKWARD. Each class I had with her she was practically staring me down. I could feel her eyes burning in the back of my head. I even excused myself from class to go to bathroom to wash off my face. I always seem to sweat the most when I’m nervous

 

Kwon Jiyong, you can do this.” I told myself.

 

I was afraid to go to Writing Composition today. I wasn’t sure what Mr. Kim would do. What if he was going to tell the whole school about what really happened? I could go to jail for threatening him even through it’s not what I intended to do.

 

Breathe in.

 

Breath out.

 

As usual Siwon was there and he greeted me. Thank goodness Dara wasn’t. I pray that she skips class.

 

Is Dara doing okay? I heard about her seizure, yesterday.”

 

Uh..yeah she’s fine. She is at school today.” I faked a smile.

 

That’s good. So how are you?” Siwon asks.

 

Horrible. “Good.” I lied. “And you?”

 

Excellent, thanks for asking. I hope Mr. Kim goes easy on you today. I think he gives you too much of a hard time. I know he probably does it because he sees so much potential in you.”

 

Or it could be because he is just pure evil.

 

Dara came walking in while Siwon and I were having a small conversation.

 

Oh Dara, its good your doing okay.” He says to her.

 

She glares hard at me then looks at Siwon and gives him a light smile before sitting at her desk. Her eyes were drilling holes in the back of my head.

 

Mr. Kim came in shortly after. He didn’t look too much like himself. His suit was sloppy, wrinkled and covered in coffee stains and it looked like he hadn’t sleep at all last night.

 

What’s up with Mr. Kim?” Siwon looks back and asks me.

 

I shrugged even though I knew why. When he looked our way his eyes went wide and he started to shake a little like a druggie.

 

I felt a lump in my throat. Was this really my teacher? The handsome and confident Mr. Kim standing before me who looked rugged and scared?

 

When Mr. Kim passed back our papers when he got to my desk he leaned in and whisper in my ear.

 

Is this grade, okay?”

 

I looked at the paper and on the top was an A. I looked at it in shock and Dara leaned forward in her desk. She heard Mr. Kim.

 

This will do fine.” She answered for me.

 

He also gave Dara an A as well and continued to pass out the rest of the papers.

 

Hey, what did you get?” Siwon asked.

 

I still was speechless looking at the letter on my paper. A grade that I know I didn’t deserve.

 

I..uh…got an A.”

 

What really, no way? Can I see!” Siwon said in excitement. I didn’t want Siwon to see for it will lead to me having to explain how I earn such a grade with a poorly written paper.

 

It’s a bit emotional. He won’t even let me read it.” Dara covered for me.

 

Oh, ok. Darn it. When you feel more comfortable I would like to read it someday. Congrats.” He patted my shoulder then turned around to the front.

 

The rest of the class was awkward. Mr. Kim spent most of the class not talking and staring at the clock. I could see his fan girls were rather worry because he wasn’t responding to them or anyone pretty much.

 

When class was over I felt an arm link around mine.

 

How long are you going to ignore me, Ji?”

 

I didn’t speak.

 

Ji, what’s the matter? Did I do something wrong?”

 

“…” I still kept my mouth shut. I just walked out the classroom and into the hall. I waved bye to Siwon. She still was holding onto me.

 

I tried to get her off of me but she held a stubborn grip. Then out of the blue she bit my ear and I screamed.

 

What the …!” I screamed.

 

Finally you spoke to me. Ji, what’s your deal?” She spoke bitterly. I finally got free from her.

 

I continued down the hall and I turned to her.

 

Stay away from me Dara.” I ordered and then I left her behind. I was expecting her to chase after me but she didn’t.

 

I made a stop at the restroom because I suddenly had to go. I know my friends must already be in the cafeteria. Nowadays when I take too long they just meet me at the table. I bought my own lunch today so I was glad that I didn’t have to stand in line today.

 

When I got to our lunch table there was Dara talking with my friends. My heart nearly dropped on the floor. I told them not to talk to her what are they doing?

 

Guys!” I yelled when I got to the table. They stared at me in surprise.

 

Um…sorry…Jiyong…hyung.” Daesung apologized.

 

It’s uh…we…she….umm” Even YoungBae was speechless. I guess he's gotten comfortable with her.

 

I threw my lunch down and ran from them. I couldn’t stand this I thought that at least my friends would stand by my side but I guess not. I left out the cafeteria in tears and I didn’t look back as they called my name.

 

Ji!!!” I heard that voice I didn’t want to hear follow behind me. She grabbed me and pinned me to the wall.

 

Stay away from me. I’m mad at you!” I yell.

 

Why are you mad at me?”

 

Are you freaking serious, Dara? Don’t you know what you did?”

 

Please enlighten me because I don’t know.” she said perplexed. Was it really that hard for her to see what wrong she did?

 

You made our teacher into a wreck.” I couldn't believe she had 0 guilt on her face. Was she really so uncaring?

 

I did it for you as a friend.”

 

A friend?” Ok. So maybe she's not uncaring but..

 

Yes as a friend, it’s what friends do they help each other out.” she tried to assure me that what she did was a noble act.

 

That’s not how I wanted it to happen. You didn’t have to do all that?”

 

Yes, I did. Ji he wasn’t going to let up on you unless I did. Besides I told him to give you a C. He’s the one that gave you an A. I think that maybe a part of him felt guilty.”

 

That’s not true and you know it. You threaten him he was just doing whatever to keep his job.”

 

Either way, You got what you wanted.” She hugged me. “You should be happy.”

 

I pushed her off of me and stepped away from her. I don't know why she expected me to be happy. I wanted to earn that grade. I'm not the type of person who is ok with threatening people even if they deserve it. I thought I was beginning to know Dara but I am starting to see now that we are still strangers.

 

Why are you playing off like you are so innocent.” I stop walking. “I didn’t tell you to scream out into the hall for help did I?”

 

I froze up and my head started to hurt.

 

Breathe in.

 

Breath out.

 

Stay calm.

 

Admit it; you liked what I was doing. You still do because I don’t see you confessing to the teachers or the principal about what I did.” she came up to me now and once more hugged me.

 

I turned around and I grabbed her by the throat.

 

That’s not true. I didn’t like it AT ALL.” I could feel apart of me was losing myself.

 

Then why haven’t you told on me yet?” she chuckled.

 

Yes why haven’t I told? If I did then I wouldn’t feel so guilty right now. After all it wasn’t my fault. Keeping quiet like this makes it seem like I agree with what she did.

 

Why me?” I ask. “Why are you my friend? Huh? Why don’t you leave me alone?”

 

She smiled at me lovingly and held onto my hand that was around her neck.

 

I told you Ji, you're interesting. Also I get the feeling that you and I have something in common. Just look at you... “ she grinned.

 

What are you talking about? What in common? ” I squeezed tighter on her neck. She let a moan like she was enjoying it.

 

Keep telling yourself that.” She said as if she knew something about me that I didn’t. I push her away from me I couldn’t stand looking at her anymore right now. I know if I don't walk away now I might do something I'd regret. I could feel myself losing control as I stumbled through the hall. I didn’t pay much attention to where I was going. I just kept walking. I felt a cool breeze on me and realized I was on the roof of the school. It felt good and calmed my head ache that I developed.

 

I crouched down in a section near the edge and I cried. I didn’t care that men shouldn’t cry. I felt so exhausted from all this drama.

 

What possess me to put my hand around her neck like that? I’ve never done that before? Her words keep replaying in my head and I can’t stop thinking about Mr. Kim. I was so shock about my friends betraying me like that too. Was I being replaced or something?

 

You, ok?” I turned around to see Kiko standing behind me with a bento box in her hands. “You kyan tell me evberything. I’m a gud listener.” She sat next to me.

 

I instantly blushed. I could smell her perfume. Peaches. As always she was so pretty even with glasses on. They seem to mold beautifully with her face.

 

I didn’t say a word to her. I couldn’t tell her what happened she would freak. I wiped my tears, I felt embarrassed with her seeing me looking like this.

 

Why are you here?” I ask to change the subject off of me, to her.

 

I always eat lunch on roof at my old scool beck in Japan. It become habit.” She laughed.

 

She started to open up her lunch. She handed me a riceball.

 

Here. Rice ball is gud when sad.” I took it and bit into it. I could feel my cheeks smiling. Finally a moment of peace.

 

Thank you.”

 

Doitashimae.” She said something in Japanese and I assumed it was ‘thank you’.

 

Who would have thought one moment I was going insane and the next I’m eating rice balls on the roof with my crush. Even if it's just for these simple few minutes I needed a break from my horrible reality.

 

Autho's Note

 

Just gonna put this here...

 

Thanks so much for subscribing to my story again. This chapter is one of my favorites so far Dara is cry cray and I love it. Upvote if you want. Leave a comment annddd um keep reading lol sorry my comment it's like 1am. I need to sleep now. Peace.