A new dawn

Love Monster

I couldn’t stop staring at my face in the mirror. My lips were so red it looked like I had lipstick on. Well at least I look better than yesterday. I guess I better finish getting ready for school. I brushed my teeth then quickly got changed into my freshly clean uniform.

 

Jiyong, breakfast is ready.” My mom yelled from downstairs.

 

I'm coming.” I yelled back.

 

'Okay , Kwon Jiyong let’s try to have a good day today.' I said to myself and forced myself to think positive.

 

I met up with my friends on the way to school.

 

Good Morning, hyung.” Daesung waves at me happily. YoungBae just waves silently.

 

Good Morning.” I reply back.

 

So how did tutoring go yesterday?” Daesung asked.

 

Not so good. I completely .” I sighed.

 

Aww, well it’s only your first time, you’ll do better next time I'm sure of it. After all Siwon is like the best writer in our school.”

 

Thanks, Daesung.” How I wish I was the best writer too. That one little thing Siwon has me beat at otherwise I would be superb. I hate Siwon. “Hey guess what?”

 

What?”

 

Afterwards, Siwon and I went out for ramyun and he even paid for my food.” I said excitingly like a fanboy. Despite the fact that I hate Siwon..a part of me likes him.

 

No way!” Daesung said in shock. “Omo, Siwon ate ramyun with you instead of me?”

 

So are you two friends?” YoungBae asked.

 

Umm..” I wasn’t quite sure if we were or not. I know Siwon keeps calling me buddy but I think he calls everyone that.

 

When we reach the school gates, there Siwon was crossing our path.

 

Hi, Jiyong buddy.” He said and I watched as his other friends gave me an ugly look and whisper.

 

Uh….hi…” I said shyly. Gosh I must sound like some girl especially with my bright red lips.

 

So you guys are friends.” Youngbae said with a hint of jealousy.

 

If you become popular you won’t ignore us will you?” Daesung frowned.

 

Who said I was going to become popular now. Aishh, silly come on let’s go inside the school now.” I bonk bother their heads. My friends really shouldn’t worry about me not being their friends. I love them like they were my own brothers.

 

Morning classes always seem to go by so quickly until I get to Writing Composition then it takes an eternity. Here I am yet again in this hell class. At least today I have a decent paper.

 

Hey, buddy.” It was Siwon. I sat down at my desk and gave him my full attention. “You look nervous, you shouldn’t be. You have a good paper, today.”

 

A good paper, which you wrote.” I sighed.

 

No, we wrote it together.” I wanted to roll my eyes so badly at him. I just hope that Mr. Kim will not notice that suddenly out of the blue I had an 'A'worthy paper. What am I kidding of course he’ll notice. I looked behind me and noticed that Sark Sleeping Beauty wasn’t here yet. I wonder if she’ll show up today.

 

Mr. Kim came in with a bunch of girls. The girls were all asking him all sorts of questions and I could see he was enjoying himself.

 

Girls, Girls please sit I must start class now.” He announced and the girls obediently sat down. He closed the classroom door and walked to the front of his desk. I guess Sandara skipped afterall.

 

So class how was last night’s assignment?” he scanned the whole classroom.

 

It was fun.”

 

Yeah. I really liked it.”

 

A couple of the other girls answered and giggled.

 

How about you, Mr. Kwon?” his eyes now landed on me.

 

Why must this man always point me out? Of all people that I actually would like to be invisible to, it would be him. Everybody was looking at me which made me sweat.

 

I did…g-good.” I stuttered.

 

That’s hard to believe.” Then all the class laughed.” Crap should have skipped today, if only I was brave enough to.

 

No really, he did do well. I helped him.” Siwon spoke up and the laughter stopped.

 

That was nice of you Mr. Choi. It must have been really difficult.”

 

Siwon chuckled. “Yeah but the results came out good. Jiyong’s a good student.” he turned to me and gave me a sweet smile. I felt my heart soften and a blush on my cheeks. You know I take back what I said..I don't hate this guy anymore.

 

Mr. Kim just nodded and agreed.

 

Yeah he is a good student.” That bought a smile to my face. Oh joy maybe today will be a good day for me.

 

I was at lunch and I told my friends about how class went. I know it was hard to believe for the first time in my life a kingka stood up for me. That never happens in the nerd world ever.

 

I know it you will become popular and forget about us.” Daesung cried.

 

Would you shut up about that?”

 

It happens all the time in the movies.”

 

Well if you haven’t notice, you aren’t in a movie this is real life.” While Daesung was being a drama king I saw YoungBae was playing on his Nintendo 3DS.

 

What are you playing?” I asked.

 

Resident Evil.” He says not even moving his eye from the screen.

 

We start talking about the game when we hear a tray slide on our table and someone sit next to me.

 

Hey.” I turned around to see HER sitting next to me.

 

Park Sandara?” I said her real name is surprise.

 

Call me, Dara noona.” She smiled.

 

What are you doing here?” I asked still in shock too see the dark hair and eyed beauty in my presence.

 

YoungBae stopped playing his game and Daesung leaned near my ear across the table. “Are you two a couple?” I shook my head as he leaned back into his seat.

 

We’re friends aren’t we?” she asked.

 

Friends since when, we only exchanged a couple of words and she had already dubbed us friends. Now she's sitting next to me at lunch! No one ever sits with us.

 

Hey, I’m Dara. What are your names?” she asked my best friends.

 

I’m Kang Daesung.”

 

“…..umm…I…uh…” YoungBae was having a hard time talking to her. “Dong…YoungBae.”

 

Cool, Dae and Bae let’s be friends, kay?”

 

The boys just agree and welcome her to our table. I watch her as she ate her lunch. I really couldn’t believe this was happening. Am I really becoming popular? I looked around and made contact with some popular kids who gave me a glare. Okay, guess not.

 

Dara….Noona, where were you this morning?”I wondered.

 

I overslept in my other class. Can you believe no one woke me up?” She bit into her rice. “Probably because the Math teacher is afraid of me, I don’t get why people are afraid of me.”

 

I don’t get why either. I think you look cool.” Daesung complimented her.

 

Thank you Dae.” she reached over and pinched his cheeks.

 

Maybe it’s because of your dark make up?” I say.

 

That’s stupid, its just make up, Ji. Make up doesn’t define who you are. It’s something much deeper than that.”

 

This is high school, looks are about everything and old people are just as bad as teenagers when judging looks.”

 

Yeah you're right. I forget I’m on planet Earth sometimes.”she laughed. “So how did class go? Was Mr. Kim a jerk to you again?”

 

Yeah, but Siwon stuck up for me.”

 

Hmmm…I see.” It was weird she seemed to grow quiet now and stopped talking.

I wanted to ask her what was wrong but the bell rang signaling that lunch was over. We all parted ways and went to our next classes.

 

I couldn’t wait for Home Ec class not because of the cooking and sewing but because my crush went to this class. Which was my whole purpose for signing up, I was hoping to be close to her. I tried to have my best friends sign up too. Daesung agreed and YoungBae declined. He wasn’t comfortable being in a room full of girls.

 

I sat there waiting and waiting. Daesung came in and sat next to me.


”Jiyong, you’re hopeless. When are you going to give up on her?” he watched me stare at her empty seat.

 

Don’t kill my self esteem it’s already low.” Daesung and I started to bicker. A few of the girls in the class giggled at us.

 

Are you two a couple?” a girl with a small face asked us.

 

My face turned red and I shook my head like crazy. The fact that we were the only guys and kept close to one another probably hinted her to ask that question.

 

No way ladies, I’m a ladies man. Well unfortunately, I’m a solo lady man currently. Sorry ladies, I'm taken.” he winked at them.

 

oh….okay.” she gave him a disgusted look and so did the other girls.

 

I sorta feel bad that I have to break so many hearts.” he pretended to shed a tear.

 

I rolled my eyes. That’s Daesung for you.

 

Finally she came in. Mizuhara Kiko. The cutest girl in the whole world.

 

Gud Morningu, evbryone.” I loved her little Japanese accent. The way she pronounced her Korean was so cute it made weak under her spell.

 

I spent the whole class just watching her. I was looking at her so much that I hadn’t noticed I was walking and ran right into her, spilling the cake batter that I was stirring.

 

OMG I AM SO SORRY!” I screamed in a panic. I just spilled cake batter all over my crush I am a complete idiot.

 

It ok.” She tasted the batter. “This taste gud. Kwon you gud cook.” She said sweetly. She cleaned herself up. “No problem.” She smiled. My heart melted all over again. Not only was she cute but also an angel.

 

My heart fluttered all the way to P.E. class.

 

Why is he so happy?” Youngbae asked with a raised brow.

 

Kiko.” Daesung simply said.

 

Oh, something good must have happen. He actually excited for P.E. class today.” Youngbae watched as I twirled about in the locker room.

 

I don’t even think that he’s mentally here right now.” Daesung chuckled enjoying seeing me so happy.

 

I block out the rest of my friends conversation as we walked out of the locker room. I bumped into some and fell to the ground.

 

Oh, sorry.”

 

You better be shrimp.” Then my happiness soon disappeared. I wish I had run into Kiko again. I know Seunghyun wouldn’t do anything aegyo like. I tried to stand but he kicked me down again. I could see my friends were too afraid to help me on the sidelines.

 

Crap. I can’t get beat up or my mom will kick me out of P.E.

 

Seunghyun…can…we..t-talk?”

 

Talk?” he asked me in shock. I could tell he wasn’t expecting me to say anything other than ‘please stop’. “Talk about what?”

 

I…umm..don’t know what I did to upset you but could you…please stop..bullying me?” Seunghyun just cracked up laughing. I noticed a crowd now had formed around us. Where was Mr. Kim? I prayed that he would come soon.

 

Stop bullying you….hmmm…I’ll think about it.” He paused and made a face like he was thinking. “No.” Then he kicked me again. I closed my eyes and ready myself for another beat down.

 

JI, YOU JERKWARD!” I opened my eyes to see Dara walking through the crowd. She leaned over and smacked me on my cheek. “YOU LITTLE GEEK YOU GAVE ME THE WRONG ANSWERS FOR MY TEST!”

 

huh…uh…” I was confused. What the heck was she talking about? “What test?”

 

Now you’re playing dumb?” She grabbed me by my arm and dragged me to my feet. “I’m gonna kick your !” She yelled.

 

Seunghyun started to laugh again “The nerd is about to get beaten up by a girl.” The other kids laughed too as I was dragged out of the gym.

 

D-Dara…a..noona…please…” I begged. I must be a loser begging for a girl to not beat me up. I think I rather it be, Seunghyun. Once we got out of the gym she dragged me all the way into he girls room. Thank God, no one was in here.

 

No one come inside things are going to get a little messy.” she informed everyone. I could hear the other students were outside the bathroom laughing and cheering as she shut the door and walked close to me. I closed my eyes waiting for the first blow but that didn't happen. I heard her strike something behind me and I turned to see what she was doing.

 

Dara kicked a stall a couple of times and pinched me which cause me to scream out. She turned the sink on and splashed some water on my face and flushed a toilet. I sat there in bewilderment the whole time.

 

That’ll teach you!” After a minute she peeked out the bathroom and turned to face me.

 

I’m a good actress ain’t I?” she grinned.

 

What?” I stood completely lost at what just happened.

 

I did that to save your stupid.” She poked me on my head.

 

Oh, you are a good actress I really thought you were gonna beat me up.” I confessed.

 

Nah, beating up people isn’t my style. I prefer to torment mentally and emotionally.” I laughed at what I hope was a joke.

 

Ji, you really need to stick up to him.”she poked my weak bird chest.

 

I tried reasoning with him.”

 

You can't just talk it out. Ji you need to kick his .”

 

Look at me, I’m a total wimp. He’ll annihilate me if I even dare raised a hand to him.”

 

That’s just what you wanna believe.” she said in a low tone.

 

What?” I gave her a look of confusion. What does she mean ‘what I wanna believe.’

 

D-ara???”

 

We need to get back to P.E.class now. Be sure to limp like you got beat up, ok.” she reached for the door.

 

Wait, you are in P.E. class with me?” I seriously never seen her once ever.

 

Yeah…I usually skip this class and sleep in the nurse office but I thought I come today since we are friends. Now come on.” She pushed me right out of the bathroom and towards the gym.

 

Wait...why do you considered us friends.” I asked her.

You're interesting..” she simply said before pushing me inside. I didn't get anymore out of her and once we got near the others I faked a limp.

 

Kwon, what happened?” I heard my teacher ask.

 

I fell…down some stairs.” I made up a quick lie.

 

The whole class laughed.

 

Yeah he is quite clumsy.” Dara added and winked at me.

 

I don’t know what to think about her but I’m starting to believe she may be a good friend.

 

Author's Note

Thank you so much for subscribing to my story.I really was surprise to see so many subs so suddenly I almost thought AFF was having a glitch lol.*hugs* I look forward to writing more and hearing your opinions. :D I like that two of you said this story was interesting. I don't remerber where I got this idea from but it probably was from a movie. I am a total movie junkie. lol Look forward to the next chapter things start to get more exciting kukukuku