1/3

Forever Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Myungsoo was 5 years old, his mother gave him a black kitten for his birthday gift. Her husband even scolded her about giving their son who is sill clueless about pets a kitten as his birthday present. But nevertheless, Myungsoo was really fond of it from the first time he saw it. Myungsoo’s parents even amused when Myungsoo insisted he’d be the one to give the kitty a name.

The light brown fur kitty stared at Myungsoo with his big eyes in confusion when Myungsoo lifted his body and staring at him with one of eye brows raised up. “Your name is... Woollimy? No. Jureumi? No. Eumm.................”

The kitty looked like he’s bored, because he yawned cutely while waiting for his youngest owner to give him a name. “Oh I know!” The kitty flinched a bit as Myungsoo suddenly spoke again. “Sungjong! From now on, I’ll call you Sungjongie– or Jongie!”

When the kitty mewled softly and leaned closer to Myungsoo’s cheeks, he knew if the cute thing like the name. And that’s how Myungsoo and Sungjong met for the first time.

Since then, Myungsoo always had Sungjong by his side every time, every day, every where. He wouldn’t let go of Sungjong even just for a second –except when he must leave the house or something–. He also brought Sungjong into his room to sleep together too.

Cutely and amazingly, the kitten too wanted to be with Myungsoo only. Sungjong only wanted to play with Myungsoo, only wanted to eat when it’s Myungsoo who feed him and only acted cute in front of Myungsoo.

And that was the first meeting for Myungsoo and Sungjong...

20 years has passed since that day, and now the kitty has turned into a big cute black cat. Even time has passed for long, Sungjong was still faithfully on Myungsoo’s side and Myungsoo still took a good care of the cute animal. Didn’t know why and how, Myungsoo just couldn’t get bored of Sungjong even years has passed and just couldn’t get enough of it. Maybe because Sungjong was a black cat? Well, Myungsoo did love everything that is black though.

Now, the 25–years–old Myungsoo was working as a famous idol, thanks to his handsome face. He played as the main lead in thousands top dramas and he also released few albums of his own composed songs too. His albums also had topped the music chart, for selling more than 1 million copies in less than a week.

Myungsoo really loved his jobs. He was glad to be given a chance to become an idol and a singer as well, and he was glad he could have a luxurious and prosperous life, thanks to the huge income he got from his jobs. But there was something bothered Myungsoo’s mind. People started to try to get closer to him and pretended to be his close friend when they were not, just because they wanted to get their names known by public –for his another idol friend– or they wanted Myungsoo’s money.

Myungsoo never thought any of them as his friend, because he knew if they were not genuinely wanted to be his friends and not with a good purpose.

No one.

That’s why Myungsoo felt lonely even if he is surrounded by so many people and somehow the fans and even the other idols gave ‘Cold Ice Prince’ as his nickname, because Myungsoo always have been so cold to everyone.

Myungsoo slumped down on the couch in his private waiting room. He wiped his sweaty face with the towel and let out a deep sigh. He took a bottle of water from his bag and drank it all in one gulp. He was really tired from hours of drama shooting. And thankfully, the shooting for the day has finally over, finally he could go home and take a really good rest.

Myungsoo’s head turned at the clock hanging on the wall, showing him it’s 7.15 at night. “The next shooting is tomorrow morning... I still can have rest for few hours...”

As Myungsoo was packing his things into his bag, there was someone knocking at the door and he could already guess who it was. It’s maybe his fans... Or–

“Come in.” Myungsoo said, his hands still busy with packing.

The door finally opened to reveal a young good–looking girl. Yep, Myungsoo was right. It’s the main actress for the drama he was shooting. Who was her name again? Bae Suzy? Park Jiyeon? Ah yes, Jung Soojung a.k.a Krystal.

Krystal smiled before she took a step inside and unhesitatingly took a seat next to Myungsoo. She crossed her legs which caused her skirt lifted up a bit to reveal her smooth white thigh, which Myungsoo guessed she purposely did it to seduce him.

“Krystal–ssi, what brings you here?” Myungsoo asked the girl who was looking at him intently with a faked innocent smile on her face, though he maybe already knew what does she wanted.

“Nothing, Myungsoo–ssi. I’m just curious…” The girl tossed her long blonde hair to the back with her hand. “…if you are interested to have some tea with me now? And maybe…have a late dinner together?”

“I think I’ll pass.” Myungsoo quickly refused and gave an apologetic smile to her. “I should take a rest because I have another shooting in the early morning tomorrow. So, next time, maybe?”

The girl pouted but she still nodded. They exchanged their number so Krystal could ask Myungsoo to give her a call whenever he’s free. Yeah, like he’d do that, Myungsoo thought to himself. Krystal excused herself and bowed a bit before she closed the door.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and let out a big sigh. He could guess already about what that girl wanted by asking him to go out together. Krystal maybe wanted to take them to a crowded place so people would recognize them and made a scandal between them, then the girl’s popularity would be increasing as well. Yeah, such an old–fashioned plan from a rookie to raise her popularity.

Myungsoo already experienced that for hundredth times already during his 5 years as an idol. That’s why he knew what the girl wanted from the first second she went inside this room. Myungsoo really hate it when people using his name for that.

“Myungsoo, do you have time this Sunday? Next week is my girlfriend’s birthday and I really don’t have any idea what must I give her for the present! Can you help me by go together to choose the present?”

“I can’t. I have another shooting for my drama. I’m sorry.” Myungsoo apologized to his ‘friend’ at the other line while he searching for his car key inside his pocket. “Yeah, see you again. Sorry, dude. Bye.”

Myungsoo hung up and went inside his –another black– ferrari car, parked in the empty area next to his agency building. He started the engine and gripped the wheel.

“Seriously, why all these people around me are always like this!?” Myungsoo grunted and threw his mobile phone to the passenger seat harsh. “Always try to bring me along to choose a present for their girlfriend and they will choose the most expensive thing. After that, they will pretend they don’t bring their wallet right in front of the cashier and leave me with no choice but to pay it with my own money.”

Myungsoo stepped on the gas and drove away to his house in a quick speed.  ‘Is there no one around me who is truly my friend, anyone but these kinds of people?’

Myungsoo slipped in to his black boxer and he threw himself to his king–sized bed. He pressed his face to the soft mattress and let out a muffled sigh. He slipped under his blanket and crawled up until his head reached the pillow. He sighed again for the nth times that day. “I’m really tired...” He mumbled on the pillow.

Then Myungsoo could feel something climbed up to his bed and a small weight dipped down on the mattress next to his pillow. Myungsoo tilted his head to the side when he there’s a soft mewl after that. “Sungjongie~” Myungsoo’s lips curved into a smile when he saw his favorite black cat already sitting next to his head.

“Come here~”

Sungjong obediently walked closer to Myungsoo and the human quickly engulfed Sungjong into an embrace. Sungjong mewled again softly in happiness on his owner’s warmth and Myungsoo’s chin as appreciation, making the said black–lover owner chuckled at his cuteness.

“You always stay by my side for all this time, Sungjongie.” Myungsoo said, his hands were now caressing Sungjong’s soft fur. “You’re always here, faithfully keep me a company so I won’t be alone in this after my parents passed away. Yet you never ask anything from me. (Well, cat can’t talk, Kim Myungsoo, duh) If only you were human, I’d be very happier, I think.”

Myungsoo pecked Sungjong’s tiny head, slowly fell asleep with the cat trapped between his chest and his hands. Hours had passed with Myungsoo already far away in his dreamland and the cat’s black round eyes kept staring at his sleeping owner.

‘I’d also be happy if I’m also a human, Myungsoo. It would be fun if I could talk to you and spent my time with you. But I can’t… I’m just a cat…’ Sungjong thought inside his heart sadly and he closed his eyes, starting to pray sincerely. ‘God… Please, change me in to a human so Myungsoo will be less lonely or maybe won’t feel lonely anymore.’

Amazingly, the God could hear the pleading cat. ‘Okay, I’ll change you to a human because you are so care about your owner in a genuine way. But there’s a cost for it.’

Sungjong blinked when he could hear the voice right inside his head. ‘Can you do it? W–what will the cost be?’

‘I can’t change you permanently. There is a time limit for you. You will only become a human until the end of your owner’s birthday, which is 3 months from now.’

‘Do You mean…I’ll turn back in to a cat again after the day of his birthday?’

‘No... You will disappear, Sungjong. Because changing your form into another one is actually breaking the law of nature, that’s why it will costs your life.’

Sungjong’s eyes widen in shock. ‘Disappear...? That’s risky. Y–yes, maybe I can help Myungsoo to not feel lonely anymore if I get to always stay by his side for these 3 months...’ Sungjong’s eyes looked at Myungsoo’s face. He raised his tiny paw to touch Myungsoo’s cheeks. ‘But, what if Myungsoo will feel lonely again and it will be worser than this when he suddenly lose me completely–and forever– without a proper reason right after his birthday?’

‘It’s the cost for your wish, it’s the consequence I have told you just now, dear Sungjong. If you have enough luck, maybe you could have a chance to continue your life as a cat. But the chance of that thing will happen is only 1% out of 100% though. So, do you still wanted to turn in to a human again or not?’

Sungjong then remembered the last thing Myungsoo spoke before he fell asleep, telling him he’d be happier if Sungjong was a human. ‘…I do still want to become a human. I maybe will find my own way to find Myungsoo a true partner so he won’t feel lonely again after I left later.’

‘Your wish is granted.’

The next morning...

A loud ring of his phone made Myungsoo groaning in annoyance. His small sleepy eyes glanced around the room and he could see the sun light made its way inside through the window. Myungsoo took the noisy phone somewhere on his bed and he mumbled out some inappropriate cursing when it was an unidentified number calling him. Myungsoo decided to ignore it and press the ‘silent’ button so he could continue his sleep, it was Sunday after all. So he could sleep more for that day, right?

Myungsoo pulled the blanket up to his head to shelter his eyes from the blinding sun light shining from the window. Myungsoo then snuggled closer to the neck of someone next to him and he smiled when that person also tightened his hug on Myungsoo’s waist too.

Hm?

Wait…

Something’s not right.

There’s someone next to him?

Myungsoo kicked the blanket away and propped his body up on his elbows. His eyes went wide and his jaw was hanging open where there is a stranger sleeping next to him…and .

“Who the hell is he!?” Myungsoo even didn’t remember he brought someone home last night and he remembered he wasn’t drunk last night either. Also, how could Myungsoo forget it if he really brought someone into his home, especially when this person was very beautiful when in fact –Myungsoo then looked down at his lower body– “When the fact shows that he’s a boy...” Myungsoo mumbled softly as he examined the pretty and young boy’s face.

Myungsoo tried to get rid of the boy’s hold on his waist and backed away. When he did,  the pretty boy stirred in his sleep and he groaned in when Myungsoo’s warmth was disappeared, so he snuggled even closer to Myungsoo and rested his head on Myungsoo’s broad chest. That was until Myungsoo pushed him away, a little bit stronger this time, that made the boy stirred and finally opened his eyes.

“Umm… What’s wrong, Myungsoo?” the boy asked weakly as he rubbed his sleepy eyes and raised his body up too.

Myungsoo then raised one o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter