Part 2

There Is A Place

They're at the greenhouse of their school. It was a school festival but neither of them wanted to join.

"So do you want me to punch him for you?" Kai asked after a brief silence.

Kyungsoo laughed.

"No. It's ok, Jongin."

Jongin is Kai's real name. He told Kyungsoo that when they were helping the garderner the other day.

Flashback...

"I'll help! Me and Kai will." Kyungsoo happily said to the gardner.

"Hmm, okay." the garderner said.

Kyungsoo took the water hose and started watering the plants. Kai didn't know what to do so he just looked at Kyungsoo. He was already starting at Kyungsoo, silently admiring from behind.

"Jongin." he murmured.

He said in almost a whisper, thinking no one would hear but Kyungsoo heard it well.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked as he turned off the hose.

He looked at Kai, waiting.

"My name. It's Jongin." he repeated.

Kyungsoo smiled.

...End of flashback

"No, he took someone important from you. I can't tolerate that." Jongin said.

Once again, Kyungsoo laughed at Jongin's remark. He was like a child asking for a fight.

"So cute." Kyungsoo thought to himself while looking at him.

Jongin sighed.

"You know..." he started.

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo. When he realized the latter was looking at him, he quickly looked away.

"I... I-I..." he was stuttering.

"You what?" Kyungsoo asked.

"It's ok, Jongin. You can tell me." he said in a comforting voice.

Jongin gulped and quickly said, "imhereifyouneedme", his face turning red.

"You're so cute, Jongin." Kyungsoo pinched his cheeks.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, and the two looked at each other for a long time. Time keeps ticking, and inch by inch they were getting closer to each other.

Until they were only centimeters away from each other, Jongin whispered, "C-can I?"

Kyungsoo nodded. At the greenhouse, together, alone, the two friends kissed for the first time. Kai may be quiet and intimidating but the truth is, he's actually a soft-hearted person named Jongin.


Valentine's Day

"Kai, I like you." the girl said and offered her hand while looking down.

Feeling nervous for the latter's answer.

"Sorry." he said and walked away.

The girl started crying loudly but her friends comforted her. Kyungsoo saw what happened and quickly went to Jongin.

"Hey, what happened there?"

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing? The girl's crying!"

"That's none of your business."

Kai ignored him all throughout the whole class. Kyungsoo was getting annoyed so he confronted him once they were in the greenhouse.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"Why do you care?" Kai answered back, staring intently at him.

His eyes were filled with anger that Kyungsoo couldn't understand.

"I care because I love you!" Kyungsoo shouted.

Jongin felt surprised, but kept his cool. He was still mad.

"Oh, please. Then who's this Minah girl?"

"Minah? Are you seriously getting jealous over her?"

"No!!!" Jongin shouted back.

"Look, Jongin. I only love you." the older reassured.

"Be mine." Kai said.

"What?"

"You love me, right? Be mine."

"Jongin, I-"

"See!"

Jongin was about to leave when Kyungsoo grabbed his hand and kissed him. It was a longer kiss than before. This time, it wasn't just out of curiosity but out of love.

"I love you." Kyung soo said after he broke the kiss.

"I love you too."


It was late at night when Jongin was doing homework that his dad knocked on the door.

"Come in." he says.

"Son?"

Jongin drops down his pen and turned to look at his dad. He was smiling, due to what happened earlier at school. But of course, his dad forgot to notice his smile. Just like he forgot about him.

"Yes, dad? What is it?"

"You know, I feel like.."

Jongin's smile suddenly fades. He knows what his dad's about to say. His dad has this odd sickness, or so he calls it that... That everytime his dad feels like he doesn't fit in. He wants to move. It's not like he wants to explore every city. He's just not... comfortable.

"What place is comfortable for you, dad?" Jongin wants to ask. But of course, he can't when he sees his poor dad.

They've only been here for half a month but...

"There's this place my co-worker told me about and I think it'd be wonderful for us."

Jongin snaps.

"Dad, please!" he starts.

His dad got surprised at the sudden change of tone. He was never like this. He was always the type to obey his dad's wishes.

"What's the problem?"

"The problem is you dad!"

"W-what?"

"You always want to move, we can't even stay one year here because after about a month, you start searching for a new place to live."

"But I thought you liked it."

Jongin heaved out a sighed and turned around. He was on the verge of tears. He suddenly thought about Kyungsoo... Minutes pass with nothing but silence.

"Um, I'll go. If you need me I'll be at my room."

Jongin doesn't reply. It takes almost a minute before Jongin finally speaks- right when his dad was about to leave.

"Six months." he said, almost in a whisper.

"Pardon?"

Jongin quietly wipes his face and turns around to meet his father's gaze. 

"Just let me live here up to a year."

"But Jongin..."

"Please."

His dad took a chair and sat near Jongin, patting his shoulder.

"As much as I want to, I can't, son. I already made plans and..." he pauses. He looks at Jongin, scanning his face but all he got was nothing but emptiness.

"I can't leave you." he continued.

His dad left the room, leaving Jongin alone in tears. It actually isn't because he's grown to love this place. He doesn't. After all these years of him moving from one city to another, he had grown to the fact that he'll never stay in one place. And this isn't an exception. But there's something about those green grass, peaceful atmosphere and someone's dark brown eyes that's pleading him to stay.


Author's Note: It's almost midnight and I almost forgot to update hahaha! I'll post the last part tomorrow again~ Hope you like it! Comment and vote if you want! I'll work hard, thanks! :)