Yoona's Story

One Last Regret

- Yoona's POV -

 

Everything irritates me this morning. I'm usually a morning person but just not today. Even Seunggi Oppa's normal wakeup text of good morning did not bring my mood up.

 

*Sigh* I walked hurriedly within SM Ent bowing left and right smiling a bit but never saying anything; afraid that I may vent my annoyance at them.

 

Damn Hyunnie, she caught me last night. She's the reason why I'm in a bad mood today. I should have been more careful, or maybe I should not have watched it in the first place.

 

* Flashback *

 

When I received the news he would be casted in WGM, for some reason my heart constricted, I lost my appetite and I felt down. Yul unnie was concerned about my sudden change of mood but I brushed her off saying I'll be fine but a turmoil has been going on within me.

 

I know I should not have felt this way. We-we aren’t together anymore. It was my decision to break it off, even though he begged and asked for forgiveness to anything he did or did not do. He was clueless as to why I decided to break it off. It-it just didn't feel like it was in the beginning, I did not know what happened but I just did not feel what I felt before. So I-I broke it off.

 

Weeks later, the turmoil within me grew and grew until I could not take it anymore. There were 4 episodes already of WGM and the curiosity was gnawing at me, I had to watch it. I just had to.

 

So I made sure everyone within the dorm was asleep, took out my iPad in the dining room, plugged in my earphones and watched the episodes but skipping Sorim couple's and Henry and Yewon-ssi's parts. I just watched his and my dongsaeng’s parts.

 

It was a multitude of feelings. Excitement of seeing his face, laughter at his awkwardness and insecurity, sadness at seeing him with her, jealousy at his compliments to her, heart break at the knowledge that he has moved on from me. I know I should feel happy but I couldn't help it. Our memories, our moments together flooded my mind. I miss him, I miss his dimple smile, his 'I love you's, his love. I miss it all.

 

Thoughts about him clouded my mind, he did that to me once, he never did that to me, why didn't he do that for me, I don't like her for you, stay by me. I was crying, I couldn't help it. Do I still have feelings for him? Do I still love him??

 

"Unnie what's happening here?"

 

I was shocked and my body went rigid as my body automatically faced the person who just spoke. I faced Hyunnie with my mouth open and tear streaks running down my face. She was concerned but it slowly changed to a poker face which we all know in SNSD that uri maknae is controlling her anger, which wasn't good. If she blows up which rarely happens, someone's going to be shouted at.

 

She wasn't looking at me but at what I held, cold sweat crept along my spine and quickly locked my iPad, but it was too late she already saw what I was watching. The silence wears on a Hyunnie gathers her thoughts while I await her verdict.

 

With on heavy sigh and her poker face hardens, she said, "Unnie this time round, I'm taking Jonghyun Oppa's side."

 

That's a first. She didn’t let me speak as she continued, "Unnie when you told us you broke up with him, and I defended you against everyone’s questions on your decision, even from Yong Oppa. Bu not now, not ever unnie. What are you doing?!"

 

I winced slightly raised voiced. But before I could speak, she cut me off again, “Unnie let him go already. He doesn’t deserve to suffer again. I will not let you out him in hell again. LET. HIM. GO."

 

With that she stormed back to her room, leaving me speechless and heartbroken all over again.

 

* End of Flashback *

 

I didn't get much sleep last night, thinking of Hyunnie's words. I hated the fact that she was right, that I hurt him, I put him through hell. I hated myself for that which fed my annoyance today. And the aching feeling in my heart did not help too.

 

I sighed for the umpteenth time as I walked towards the door at the lobby. But I stopped my tracks when VJs suddenly walked in first; bustling in trying to get a good shot at the artist who just went in.

 

My hands ran cold and sweaty along my side, my eyes widen and my mouth hung agape at the people who came in. What bad luck (or was it good luck?) did I have today? It's him, with her.

 

"Welcome to my workplace oppa!" She said brightly with a trace of aegyo in her voice. He laughed heartily at her aegyo and strode in hand in hand with her.

 

“Yeobo I've been here before you know. I'm a KyuLine member remember." He said.

 

"Ooohh yeah I forgot about that," she pouted and said, "And I was excited about giving you a tour and introducing my nampyeon around."

 

He laughed and smiled widely at her antics and said, "Why not? They know me as CNBlue's Lee Jonghyun. Introduce me as Gong Seung Yeon's nampyeon Lee Jonghyun."

 

She blushed profoundly and playfully slapped his arm and continued their tour.

 

I stood frozen in my spot as thy made their way towards me. Step by step, my mind's screaming to make a run for it, to move it but my body's not reacting. Too shocked and jealous of their acts.

 

Finally, Seungyeon noticed me and tried to remove her hand from his but I saw clearly that he held on tight. She didn’t try to remove it since then.

 

She bowed at me and said, "Annyeonghasaeyo sunbaenim."

 

As if by reflex, I robotically bowed back and said my usual response to such, "Eyy, I told you not to call me sunbaenim dongsaeng. Just call me unne."

 

She just smiled and looked at him said, "Sunbaenim, this is my nampyeon CNBlue's Lee Jonghyun. Oppa this is SNSD's Yoona sunbaenim."

 

Thanking my acting skills, I refrained from frowning at her to smiling instead. I also refrained from pointedly stare at his face, which took much more effort. I mean when was the last time we met? A year ago? I miss him but-

 

"Actually yeobo, I know Yoona. We've met before." He said and smiled slightly at me.

 

I couldn't control myself and my eyes widen with shock. I thought he would play the 'I-don't-know-you' card and okay ignorance at me. Instead here he is, calmly stating his knowledge of me, and not a trace of any forced smile.

 

"Neh, we've met before." I said flatly.

 

"Jjinjjayo sunbaenim?" She asked. She then looked at him and asked accusingly, as if she's hiding her jealousy. "How do you know sunbaenim oppa?"

 

He laughed at her jealousy, it was so obvious. He slightly pinched her cheek and said, "Is uri yeobo jealous?"

 

"Aish oppa just answer the question." She said trying to cover her blushing cheeks.

 

"I can't say the reason here. I'll tell you later." He said but she pouted and stared at him suspiciously.

 

"Forget it. You don't trust me anyways." She forcefully remove her hand and looked away, crossing her arms. He quickly went on her back and whispered something in her ear. They look so intimate that if he chooses to, he could back hug her. It spiked a thorn in my heart seeing him like this with another woman. It's so painful.

 

She suddenly gasped and said, "JJINJJA? THE RUMORS WERE-hmmphed".

 

He quickly covered , silencing her. He warned her not to say anything with his eyes and she said, "Arasseo, I won't say anything. That shocked me though."

 

"You guys look so cute together." The words slipped out of my mind. They both looked at me, she's blushing and he's smiling? HE'S SMILING?!

 

"Mianheyo sunbaenim we forgot you were there." She said while she bowed again.

 

"G-gwenchana. I-I have to go. I'll see you later."

 

I had to get out of here. I have to. It's too painful to look at them. They're looking at each other lovingly. I couldn't stand it. I'm burning with jealousy that I knew I shouldn't have. He has moved on from me and it hurts to see that he has moved on completely and is in a relationship with someone so beautiful and charming. I-I can't stand it. My heart's breaking. I had to get out of here. With one last bow, I strode out quickly holding the tears at bay.

 

Hyunnie's right. I-I have no choice but to let him go.

 

I went away with two light brown eyes staring at my back.