Chapter 3

GONE (A Cameron Briel Fanfiction)

“Okay, so tell me about yourself.” Dea said once they were able to get out of the bar. She had a hard time getting out when she told her friends that she would be going out for a walk with a guy, so she promised them that she would spare them the details later.

 

“I’m Cameron Briel. And yeah, you’ve seen my golden wings. I, uhh, am not from around here.” He told her.

“You’re just a tourist in here?” She asked him.

“Well, yeah. You could say that.”

“Where are you from? I don’t know any place where people with wings live except Heaven but it is—“ she stopped and her eyes went wide like saucers. “Wait, Cameron. Are you an angel?” she asked him.

“Well, I was an angel.” He told her. He wasn’t supposed to tell her because seeing his wings was enough information, but he just couldn’t stop. And he felt comfortable of sharing his angelic and demonic secrets with this girl walking beside him under the moonlight.

“Was?” She asked confused. They stopped by a bench on the sidewalk and decided to sit.

“Yup. Was. I sort of, turned to the other side.” He said, not knowing how to explain these things because they would sound unearthly to a mortal like Dea.

She stayed quiet for a little while, trying to process the information she’s been getting. It’s about 10 in the evening and she’s alone on a bench by the sidewalk with a guy who has golden wings and was an angel before.

“What happened?” She asked him after a moment of silence.

“You know the story of the Fall?” he asked her. She nodded. “Isn’t that the story when Lucifer rebelled against God and then he was sent out of Heaven along with other angels?”

“Yup. That’s the story. And I was one of those angels who fell.” He told her.

“Aren’t fallen angels, you know, demons?” She asked him.

“Not all. Some are still on Heaven’s side. And some crossed over to Lucifer’s side.”

“How long have you been around?” she asked.

“About 5 thousand years.” Cam answered and Dea’s eyes widened. Cameron chuckled at her reaction. “I get to stay young. It’s kind of our thing. We can appear any way we wanted to, and here I am, standing in front of you, looking like a 17-year-old rebellious teenager.”

“Well, you really look like a rebel with the outfit.” She commented while eyeing him from head to toe.

“Come on, let’s go back there.” Cam said while standing. He offered his hand to Dea but Dea just looked at him, absorbed by his emerald green eyes that shine in the moonlight.

“Can you, uhmm, show me around?” she asked him shyly.

“I’m really not familiar with Adelaide, since I’m not from around here and I was staying in Georgia over the past, I don’t know, 30 years maybe? I lost count.” He told her.

“No, no. I’ve been around Adelaide, of course. This is my hometown. What I mean is, if you can, you know, take me for a flight around town.” She said. Cameron just looked at her, hesitating if he would or wouldn’t take her for a flight.

“Nevermind. How silly of me. Come, let’s go back. Maybe Arriane and Roland are looking for you.” Dea stood up and started to walk back towards the bar when Cam held her by the arm. She stopped walking and turned around to look at him with a questioning look upon her face.

“I’ll take you for a flight around town.” He told her. She was surprised for a moment before she realized that Cam was dragging her to the forest part of the sidewalk.

Her parents told her never to talk to a stranger, much less go somewhere with them especially on an isolated place at a very late hour but she seemed not to mind. This guy here, a guy she saw for the second time tonight, is taking her to some isolated part of the forest at nearly midnight and she doesn’t even care. All she knows is that she feels comfortable and safe with his presence by her side.

They stopped when they reached the end part of the forest that looked like a cliff.

“You better stand back.” He told her and so she obliged.

Cam slowly unfurled his wings. Dea was once again awed by the beautiful sight before her. Cam’s wings were golden in color with brindled strips of black. They are tall and shone against the moonlight. Dea walked near him and couldn’t help but touch his golden wings.

Cam closed his eyes as he felt the feeling of his wings under her touch. It was… foreign, but comfortable. Dea was the only girl to see him in his true form, well, aside from Luce, Arriane, Gabbe, Annabelle and Molly, which is a completely different story since they are angels and Dea is a mortal girl.

“I thought angel wings are supposed to be white.” She said.

“I had them white before I transferred to the other side.” He said.

“And by other side you mean, Lucifer’s side.”

“Yeah. Lucifer’s side.”

“So, you’re a demon?”

“Yes. Yes, I am.”

They were silent for a moment while Dea is admiring the inhumanly gorgeous sight before her and Cam watching her as she stared in admiration at his golden wings.

“Well, it would be thrilling to hang out with an angel-turned-demon kind of guy.” Dea said while chuckling that made Cam chuckle as well.

“Come on. We don’t have forever and you’re friends would be looking for you.” He told her as he positioned himself behind her.

 

Dea snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Cam’s arms snaking their way to her waist, their position looking like Cam was hugging her from behind.

 

“Ready?” he whispered against her neck.

“Ready.”

 

She felt Cam’s arms tightened around her and the next thing she knew, they were soaring on the night sky.