Prologue

GONE (A Cameron Briel Fanfiction)

He made his way through the forest after seeing how Daniel and Luce are doing. It was new. Not being able to talk to them or go near them. But seeing them happy made him contented.

 

Once he made sure that he is in a secured part of the forest, he breathed in calmly and slowly unfurled his glorious golden wings. He was prepared to fly when he heard a crunching noise like someone stepping on a tree branch so he turned around and saw a girl standing beside a tree with her back on him.

 

“Oh .” He heard the girl muttered.

 

He folded his wings on his back and slowly walked to the girl standing beside the tree.

 

The girl turned around and saw him and her eyes went wide and shone with surprise, amazement and gratification.

“Wow,” was the only word she could mutter that moment.

 

Cam studied the girl while the girl stared at his wings folded behind his back.

 

“Can I touch it?” the girl asked.

“What?” Cam asked confused.

“Can I touch your wings?” the girl asked again and without waiting for Cam’s answer, she slowly touched his wings with the tip of her fingers. Cam shuddered against the foreign feeling. “They’re beautiful.” The girl whispered while slowly tracing the outline of his wings. Cam stepped backward.

“Can you keep this a secret?” Cam asked the girl.

“Yeah, sure. I can pretend that I never saw a good-looking guy that has golden angel wings at the end of the forest.” The girl replied.

“Cool. Thanks.” Cam walked over to the edge of the cliff and unfurled his wings once again. He was about to take off when the girl called on him.

“Will I see you again?” the girl asked him.

“Maybe, maybe not.” Was all he answered then he went off.