Key - Memories

Sad Shinee Oneshots

Pairing: Key x Reader.

There is a little in this one (not much though, just like kissng). Key appears a bit later, do not be fooled by Jinwoo.


Today marked a year. On this date 12 months ago you and your boyfriend had broken up, in what you called a mutual understanding.

You missed him, he had been your first boyfriend, first kiss, first anniversary, etc. 

He had even told you he would be your first, meaning in a ual way.

Today wasn’t the time to think about that though, you were going out to a nightclub with a friend and you were attempting to find someone, not exactly to date, but maybe “hang out” with.

You walked away from your dresser, which held a picture of you and your old boyfriend Key, which you hand’t put away yet. Walking into your closet you selected a smooth and nicely cut black dress, perfect for a night out. Trying to give off a confident vibe, you also chose to wear gold stiletto heels.

“Hey you are you ready?” you heard a knock at your door, obviously being your friend, Seoyun. You walked over to your door as you briefly put some lipgloss on.

“Yeah, I think I’m ready. How do I look?” you ask.

“Awesome” Seoyun gives you a thumbs up. “Thanks, so do you! Wanna head out now?” you ask, eager to have some fun and forget about your past relationship.

“Yeah! Let’s go, the club awaits!” Seoyun yells enthusiastically. “I hope my neighbours don’t complain about this later…” you whisper to yourself.

--------

After a short subway ride, you and Seoyun arrived at the club. As you walked in you could feel the warmth of the many people dancing in the air, as techno and dustup music played. Seoyun quickly walks off, informing you that she saw a friend. This was bound to happen… Feeling a bit out of place, as everyone (including Seoyun) were wearing bright colours, you walked over to the bar. The only way you would break out of your shell and actually make friends was if you had a couple of drinks.

“So, what would you like tonight?” the bartender asks you, while simultaneously winking. Not that the winking bothered you, he was quite attractive, or at least in this low lighting.

“I’ll go for vodka with some ice?” you quickly reply. “Harsh day?” he asked.

“Yeah, how did you know?” you reply. “Straight alcohol makes it easier to forget” he replies.

“In any case, my name’s Jinwoo, I don’t usually work here, but my friend is taking a break” he says explaining his situation. “That’s nice of you. My name is you ” you say in response. As you say this, a person who you presume to be Jinwoo’s friend walks over, informing him that he doesn’t have to sub in anymore.

“Well I believe I am free to dance now, if you are interested….” Jinwoo awkwardly proposes, his shyness coming off as oddly cute to yourself. “If you don’t mind, I think I will take you up on that offer” you say accepting. Jinwoo was really attractive and nice, perhaps you might be able to go home with him tonight…

You and Jinwoo walk onto the dance floor…

--------

(3 hours later)

Jinwoo and you walked over to his house, incredibly drunk and barely able to manage this task. At least you were going home with someone.

Earlier, before you got incredibly wasted, he explained that he and his roommate lived in the downtown area, but his roommate was out tonight, so he wouldn’t be there to bother them.

As you walked into his apartment, Jinwoo quickly shoved you against one on the many walls and proceeded to place his mouth on your in a fervent kiss. He shoved his tongue in your mouth, as you were too drunk to realize this. He broke the kiss, saying he was going to get you and him some drinks. You sighed, it wasn’t as good as Key.

You lean over on the wall, as someone suddenly walks over.

you?” you hear someone ask. Looking over you see Key.

“Well hello ther ex-boyfrienn…” you say slurring over your words, probably from all the vodka you drank. “Why are you here?” he asks, looking concerned for you. “I’m going to your roommate, thats right…” you laugh after this, it seemed quite funny to you.

Key starts to walk closer to you, “you you don’t want to do that, he brings a different girl home every night. Even if I have no right to say this, I still care for your wellbeing”.

You move slightly over towards Key, feeling angry. He was trying to ruin your life again, or at least in your drunk mind he was. “You really don’t have the right, you know.” you say harshly, unsure if you actually conveyed this in your speech. “I’m not sure I want to wake up here and deal with you” you continue. You start to walk towards to door of Key and Jinwoo’s apartment, disgusted with the both of them.

Right as you are about to open the door, you get pushed back against the wall. Thinking it was Jinwoo, you relax slightly, before realizing it was Key. You felt his warm breath on your neck as your face turned red, not only because of the alcohol, but because of his touch. You hated that this small touch made you react this way, even more than kissing Jinwoo.

Just as you were about to push him away, he swiflty pressed his lips against yours, leaving small kisses along the side, before moving up and whispering in your ear...

“I never really wanted to end it”.