Jessica's plan

The only one in the universe

“So what happened last night?” Yoona asked curiously as she slapped Tiffany on the before plopping down on her bed.

“Aiyeee!” Tiffany squealed as she covered her assets with her hands.

“Did you have a late night visitor?  I heard some interesting sounds coming from your room,” she added as she wiggled her eyebrows up and down.  “Who knew you were that kind of girl,” Yoona said, flashing a wide grin.

“I’m not! she exclaimed as she sat up in defense.  “And for your information, yes it was late, but not welcomed.  I was rudely interrupted….and exposed.” Recalling the embarrassing incident that took place the night before, she instinctively covered her chest with her hands as her cheeks began to heat up.

“Was he cute at least?” Yoona asked inquisitively, trying to gather all the juicy details.

“He…was a she,” Tiffany said in a robotic voice as she tried to regain her focus. 

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting that one.  Sooo, was she cute?” she said, poking Tiffany in the ribs.

“It was dark and her sword was in the way so I couldn’t see….wait what?  Who cares whether she was cute!”

Yoona’s ears perked up.  “Sword?  Now I’m even more intrigued.  Your very own moonlight knight~,” she said in a teasing manner. 

“Shut up!”  Tiffany whacked her sister on the shoulder, but that only added fuel to the fire.

“Tiffany, my love,” Yoona said in a husky voice.  “Your beautiful smile is as beautiful as the moonlight,” she continued, wrapping her arms around Tiffany while making wet kissing noises.

“Get out!” Tiffany exclaimed as she tried to shove Yoona off her bed.

Swiftly dodging her attack, she leaped off the bed and continued to tease Tiffany as she ran out of the room. 

“For now I bid you farewell-“ she said seductively before being cut off by a pillow launched at her face.  She managed to duck behind one of the doors just in time.  “My princess,” she finished, closing both doors just as two more pillows were hurled in her direction.    

Lying on her back, Tiffany looked up at the ceiling, her mind filled with thoughts of her mystery visitor.  “Until we meet again…..my moonlight knight,” she whispered.

---

“Now that we both had some to think and reflect, I am willing to listen to anything else you have to say,” the king said as calmly as possible.

Jessica stood in front of her father and cleared . 

“I have given this a lot of thought since the last time we spoke.  I would like to propose an idea, no, a compromise that I think both of us could agree on.”

The king narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself when he remembered his friend’s words.

Instead, the king lifted a hand and motioned for her to continue.

“With my birthday approaching, I’m sure you already have a few suitors in mind.”

Her father gave her a slight nod.

Jessica tightened her grip on an amulet she was holding, trying to summon the strength to continue. 

“I understand the law is the law, but I just can’t stand back and watch my life be decided by other people.  If I can’t choose who I marry, then I rather have it left up to fate.”

“FATE?  What in the world does that me-?” Before he could finish, Jessica interrupted.

“If I have no other choice, I would like my future to be determined not by you or the law, but by fate.  I propose a royal tournament; four trials spanning four days.  The victor will be determined by whoever proves they are worthy of my hand in marriage.” 

With her mind spinning and her heart racing, Jessica silently waited for her father’s reaction.

“You want to turn this into a competition?  Do you know how ridiculous this sounds right now?” he shouted, slamming his hand on a table, glassware rattling as he stood up.  “Why can’t you be a filial daughter and trust me?"

“All my life I’ve done nothing but trust you,” Jessica said softly with visible tears in her eyes.  “I can’t accept the fact that I have no say in what happens with my life.  I am confident that fate will lead me to the one I’m destined to be with.”

“And you’re ready to accept the outcome, no matter what it is?” The king said in a somber voice as he returned to his chair.

Jessica closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again.  “Yes.  All that I ask is that you allow me to select a suitor of my choice to compete in the tournament.”

The king looked at her with a suspicious look on his face.  “And who might that be?”

“Give me your word that you will agree to my terms and I will tell you who that person is,” Jessica said with as much confidence as she could manage.

The king wore a look of defeat as he sighed inwardly. “As foolish as this sounds, if this will make you happy and keep you safe at home, then I agree to your terms.”

Hearing those words, Jessica couldn’t control her emotions and threw her arms around her father, giving him a great big bear hug accompanied by dolphin-like squeals.

Caught by surprise, the king let out a laugh as he returned the hug.  When they came out of their embrace, her father’s tone became serious once again.

“Now that this matter has been settled, tell me who this person is.  How do you know I have not already selected him?”   

“Because the person I would like to elect is someone you would have never considered,” Jessica suddenly felt uneasy as her father’s expression changed. 

It was now or never.  In her mind, she convinced herself it had to be done.  

“I choose….Yuri, from the Kingdom of Ophion.”

----

A/N:  *gasp* Dun, dun, dun.  The bomb has been dropped.  Stay tuned as the rest of the SNSD members make their appearance.  I'll also be revealing who the suitors are in the next chapter.  Hi-five to those who noticed my Sailor Moon reference (yes, I am that old).  Haha.  As always, thanks for reading!