The announcement

The only one in the universe

“So when were you going to let me in on your little plan?  Oh, maybe on the day of our wedding!” Yuri shouted sarcastically as she paced back and forth in Jessica’s room.

Jessica spoke softly in an attempt to calm her down. 

“I can see why you’re upset and you have every right to be, but I didn’t know what else to do,” she reasoned.  “It was either that or marry someone I don’t love.  I’m sure you can understand that at least.”

Yuri remained silent for a moment before she spoke.

“I do understand.  I just can’t figure out why you chose me.  This is our first meeting in sixteen years.  It can’t be because you’re….in love with me, right?” Yuri held her breath.

“Love?  You?  No, no, not even close,” Jessica said casually.

Yuri let out a loud sigh of relief which caused Jessica’s expression to turn sour. 

Trying to make a quick recovery, Yuri added, “I mean, not that being married to you would be such a bad thing….I think,” she finished, purposely breaking eye contact.

“Don’t worry, the marriage won’t happen, but I do need you to win the competition.”

Yuri’s head shot back up.

“Did you mean lose?  The last time I checked, winning equals marriage.”

Jessica shook her head.  “Just the opposite.  I need you to win in order for my plan to work.  I chose you because your reputation precedes you; I'm confident you have what it takes to go up against any suitor my father plans to select.” 

“So what have you heard about me exactly?” Yuri asked inquisitively, smiling widely as she adjusted her posture.

“Nothing you need to know,” Jessica said as she rolled her eyes.  “The more important question is how did your father react?”

“It could have been worse.   At first, he was speechless, then he kicked a table over, mumbled a little to himself, and then he got a little teary as he placed a hand on my shoulder and told me I had to win for the sake of our family’s honor and the kingdom.  No pressure though, right?” Yuri said as she laughed nervously.

“Great!” Jessica said as she clapped her hands together.  “Now all we have to do-“

“Do you mind if I use the bathroom before we continue?” Yuri interjected.  She placed a hand on her stomach, which felt like it was doing summersaults. 

“Sure, it’s the fourth door on the left.  All the doors look the same so make sure..” before she could finish, Yuri raced out of the room. “you count carefully,” Jessica said to an empty room.

Too anxious to get to the sanctity of a bathroom, Yuri miscounted and flung a set of doors open before suddenly stopping dead in her tracks.

With eyes unblinking and mouth wide open, she stared at the sight in front of her.  She first noticed toned abs that seemed to scream ‘touch me’, followed by pink lacy underwear which in Yuri’s opinion left little to the imagination, and then to silky smooth legs that seemed to go on for days.

“Yoona, Jessica, is that you? I could use some help here,” Tiffany said as she struggled to pull her dress down from over her head.

“Ummm….okay?” was all Yuri could say as she watched spellbound by the magnificent sight.

“Eeeekkkk!” Tiffany let out a scream once she realized the voice did not belong to either of her sisters.  She quickly fumbled her dress and managed to uncover her face.

Standing in front of a now fuming and beet red Tiffany, Yuri said the first thing that came to mind, “I’m sorry?”

“How dare you!” Tiffany shouted as she slapped Yuri across the face.  “Who do you think you are, barging into my room and-“

Before Tiffany could continue her rant, Yuri cut her off. 

“Are you perhaps the girl I met the other night?” Yuri asked while she held a hand to her freshly slapped cheek.  “I’m sorry for coming in here without permission and seeing you…dressing, but I couldn’t help but notice your voice, it sounds familiar.”

Quickly forgetting about her anger and embarrassment, Tiffany stared back at Yuri as she studied her face.  Tiffany’s mind began to race, she had so many questions. 

“What are you doing here?  Who are you?”

Yuri opened to speak but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

“Father wants to see us now….” Jessica trailed off as she walked through the door and saw Tiffany and Yuri together.

“Jessica,” Tiffany began.  “I was just changing and…”

“Father?” Yuri said furrowing her brow as she looked at Jessica and then back at Tiffany.

“I guess you’ve never formally met.  This is my sister, Tiffany,” Jessica said, motioning to Tiffany.

“Tiffany, this is Yuri.  Her father is the King of Ophion.”

“You’re my moonlight knight?” Tiffany said in surprise.

“You’re the one I saw ?” Yuri blurted out.  

“What?” was all Jessica could say.  “We can talk about this another time, father called a family meeting.  Yuri, since this involves you, I would suggest coming with us.  I don’t think father will mind.” Jessica said as she turned to leave.  Yuri and Tiffany silently looked at each other before following behind.

---

“Now that everyone is here, I would like to make an announcement,” the king said.

“As you already know Jessica will be turning 21 soon.  Following royal tradition as dictated by law, she would be wed a suitor of my choice.  After Jessica expressed some concerns, I have reconsidered and granted her wish to hold a tournament to determine who will win her hand in marriage.  I will now read off the names of the four suitors I have selected: Taecyeon of Kronos, Jaebum of Themis, Joon of Eos, and Siwon of Pallas."

The three sisters looked at each other nervously.  Hearing those names, Jessica knew her father wasn’t going to make this easy for Yuri.

“There will also be a fifth suitor, whom Jessica has already selected.  Yuri of Ophion.”

Stunned, Tiffany turned to look at Yuri who gave her a wave and a half smile.

“My moonlight knight might be my sister-in-law?” she whispered to herself before passing out.

---

A/N:  Good gravy, this fic is progressing slowly.  I promise it’s going to get more interesting from now….I hope.  Hope you guys liked the (short, but hot?) yulti moment!  Definitely more to come!