Chapter 3

Temporary Pain (INDEFINITE HAITUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cool March air was seeping in through the cracks between glass panes as the moisture from the morning dew settled on the windowsill.

 

“Wake up, wake up, wake up!” Jumping on her brother’s bed, Haru tried waking her brother perhaps with too much vigor.

 

“Wake up!” She yelled into his ears causing him to stir about in annoyance. The digital clock on Chanyeol’s desk displayed bright green blinking digits. It was past 6 am and Chanyeol thought it was a little too early for this sort of nuisance.

 

The sky was grey and cloudy attesting the fact that it would rain later that day.

 

“You have to go to college today! Aren’t you excited?”

“Go away Haru.” Chanyeol groaned throwing a pillow at her face.

Homesickness is something that one feels after leaving their home yet Chanyeol didn’t know why he felt homesick already. Chanyeol knew he was too dependant on his family and decided it was time to live alone, away from home.

 

The siblings bickered back and forth for ten minutes and Chanyeol found himself, though annoyed, fully awake.

 

“Don’t you have school to worry about, you little brat?” He sat up, stretching his dull aching body that’d suffered due to the heavy lifting the other day.

He’d spent the previous day moving heavy boxes and suitcases to his college dorm room which unfortunately happened to be on the second floor. The absence of a functioning elevator was the reason behind his misery causing him to climb the winding steps numerous times.

 

Even though he had missed two weeks’ worth of classes, he decided to sleep at his home for one last time before starting college officially.

“I’m going to miss you guys.” Chanyeol said softly in between yawns. He still had his yellowing suitcase of mangas and dvds to be moved. He’d forgotten them yesterday on accident when he left it unnoticed behind a lawn chair covered with freshly done laundry.

 

Reaching the dormitory halls, he’d noted the room he was given was very nice though his presumable roommate wasn’t quite so.

Yesterday he had met his probable-roommate very briefly. The skinny boy looked pale as a ghost when his eyes met Chanyeol's and scurried away before their formal introduction.

Chanyeol felt as shocked as the boy looked. He was petite with light brown hair and was atleast a head shorter than Chanyeol. Chanyeol really hoped his roommate wasn't as weird as he seemed.

 

 

Greeting his parents downstairs, Chanyeol ate his not-so-balanced breakfast comprising of sugary cereal and sweetened milk tea.

He had a little over an hour left for his classes to commence and Chanyeol groaned internally for finally leaving the familiarity and warmth of his home.

You’re going to be fine. You have to learn to be independent. It’s only a one hour ride Chanyeol, you can come home whenever you want.

He waved his parents goodbye after a series of their comforting words as he loaded his uncle’s pickup truck with the yellow suitcase of mangas and his guitar case.

 

 

A few people were lingering in the campus grounds. Classes were yet to begin and clusters of young adults were chatting away with steaming lattes in their hands.

Placing his last and final box in his room, Chanyeol grabbed the necessary textbooks and dashed for his literature class. He still had about two minutes before the commencement of the said class.

 

The class room was very spacious with students littered around. He felt out of place and decided to take the empty seat at the far end of the room.

 

The lecturer almost immediately began the class using jargons that he didn’t fully understand. There were assignment discussions and Chanyeol’s brain couldn’t catch on anything and spaced out instead.

Whoever said literature classes were supposed to be inspirational.

 

Chanyeol would’ve been bored if weren’t for the boy is the stripped sweater. For some reason he kept turning around to look at Chanyeol and even squinted a little as his eyes scanned him.

Ignoring the discomforting looks he was receiving, Chanyeol tried concentrating on the class instead.

 

 

“You’re Park Chanyeol right?” The boy in the stripped sweater walked up to him after the class ended.

He was grinning brightly, as if advertising his full set of even white teeth. His black hair was slightly parted towards the left. He wore black skinny jeans and his olive skin was smooth and radiant almost glistening under the overhead lights.

“Yeah, how’d you know that?”

The boy leaped towards Chanyeol, fully embracing him leaving him dumbfounded. Though a little taken aback, Chanyeol was more concerned with the fact that the surprise hug prevented him from breathing. He sputtered out a small I can’t breathe and boy immediately let go of him.

“It’s me! Kim Jongin! Remember?” He playfully hit Chanyeol’s arm and slowly but surely Chanyeol recognized the name, widening his eyes and this time he was the one hugging Jongin.

 

 

“Guys! This is Park Chanyeol, my literal childhood bestfriend.”

After chatting throughout class hours Jongin had forced Chanyeol to have lunch with his group of friends as he’d looped his arms with Chanyeol’s and skipped all the way to the lunch table in the centre of the college cafeteria.

 

Chanyeol noticed the pale boy from the previous day also sitting at the table. He wore a grey hoodie and it looked like it belonged to someone bulky and big instead of the tiny person wearing it.

Jongin mentioned Baekhyun and Chanyeol being roommates and then continued blabbering about wanting to move somewhere closer to their room but unfortunately all the rooms were booked so he couldn’t and was stuck with his roommate named Kyungsoo above their floor next to Jongdae and Sehun’s dorm.

 

Though Chanyeol didn’t think too much about the glares he was getting from his new roommate, he noticed that he was the only one not talking to him.

 

Amidst conversation, out of nowhere the boy got up, whose name he’d learned was Byun Baekhyun, grabbed Chanyeol’s wrist and dragged him out forcefully.

“Stop pretending now. No one is here witness your drama.” The boy hissed through gritted teeth.

Pushing him against the walls, Chanyeol was now between Baekhyun and the concrete structure.

Arms to his side, he felt uncomfortable with Baekhyun glaring at him. He was angrily staring at Chanyeol with puffed cheeks and rather than looking intimidating, he kind of looked pitiful, Chanyeol thought.

 

“What? What are you talking about?” Chanyeol had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Yesterday Baekhyun seemed scared of Chanyeol and now, he was trying to scare Chanyeol?

 

He clearly was extremely weird and Chanyeol was about to push him away when the boy tightened his grip around his arms.

“Changwook, I need you to leave. Leave me alone! Ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter