Chapter 2

Temporary Pain (INDEFINITE HAITUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changwook.

The man who had single handedly ruined Baekhyun's life was currently, right now, at this very moment in his room.

He flew 6,984 miles to get away from the one person he despised the most in the world only to find him as his roommate.

 

How did he find me?

 

It was past midnight and the biting cold made Baekhyun get off the bench and walk back to his dorm. He hugged himself tighter pulling his jacket sleeves down in his futile attempts to keep himself warmer against the frigid wind.

 

The early March air was unforgiving.

 

He walked slowly looking up in the sky to spot a few twinkling stars, trying to figure out which constellations they belonged to. He spotted three bright stars aligned perfectly in a straight line. Maybe they belong to the Orion.

 

He strode with a certain determination on his face towards Jongdae’s room only to be welcomed by a sleepy Sehun who kept yawning and didn’t notice the faint tear stains on Baekhyun’s face.

Sehun didn’t even ask Baekhyun why he was here, instead he pointed towards Jongdae’s bed before promptly lying down on his plump mattress and wrapping himself with a duvet.

Sleepy-eyed Jongdae saw Baekhyun standing uncomfortably and scooted over a bit to make room for Baekhyun on his bed.

Baekhyun was glad no-one was probing him with unnecessary questions and quietly chucked his backpack on the chair before lying next to Jongdae who was already sleeping with loud snores.

 

Baekhyun felt himself tense as Jongdae draped his arm around Baekhyun’s waist. He then started producing unintelligible sounds, mumbling in his sleep and Baekhyun smiled a little as he dozed off listening to Jongdae sleep-talk saying things like ‘pinapples have feelings too’ and ‘that cat belongs to me’.

 

 

 

 

“Wake up baek up!”

Shampoo and cologne attacked his sleeping senses as his eyes focused of Sehun. He was all clean, showered and dressed up with a nutri-grain bar in his mouth.

 

“You sleep like a hound who hasn’t slept in centuries. I’ve been trying to wake you up for the past hour.” Sehun was looking down at him munching on his breakfast bar.

 

“Oh, where—where is Jongdae?” Baekhyun propped himself up against the headrest trying to rub the drowsiness out of his eyes.

“He just left for his first class. It’s 9am aren’t you late though?”

 

“Yeah, no. I’ll skip morning classes today. I’m not feeling all that well.” Baekhyun wasn’t in the mood to face the world today.

“Okay, alright.”

“Don’t forget to call me for lunch though.” Baekhyun calls out to Sehun who was on his way out.

“Roger that, captain.” Lifting two fingers to his temple, Sehun saluted to Baekhyun who was already pushing himself back under the comfort of warm blankets.

 

 

 

 

 

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter