How it all started

The Wu Triplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

34 months ago

They were having breakfast as usual when Yifan suddenly stood up, ran as fast as he could to the bathroom and wretched sound heard from there.

Junhee frowned, looking at the American breakfast that she made. She knew this was the first time she ever made american breakfast for Yifan, but was it really taste that bad? She picked up her fork and cut a piece of her sunny side egg, tasting it and her frown turned deeper. It wasn't bad at all.

"Yeobo, are you okay?" 

No answer from Yifan but the wretched sounds were getting louder and Junhee couldn't help but feeling guilty over his condition. She was about to take a look at him when he finally emerged from the bathroom, pale and cold sweat all over his body, shakily sit down. Junhee rushed towards him, put her palm on his forehead. 

"Are you having fever?"

"No, I am fine." Yifan shrugged off her opinion at that time, thinking it wasn't serious at all. 

But after few days not getting any better, he started to wonder, maybe he needed to visit Baekhee to check his condition.

"I don't find anything strange." His sister in law chewed her bottom lips worriedly. 

"Everything is fine from the check up." She looked at him in serious expression, "How did you feel?" 

"I feel nauseous almost every morning and more sensitive towards smell." 

Junhee nodded in agreement, remembering that one particular incident where Yifan threw up because he smelt his own body odor from the Tshirt that he wore to play basketball with Chanyeol earlier that day. Junhee didn't know whether to laugh or sad for him at that time. 

"Isn't it strange, Baek? He acts like he is having morning sickness." Junhee snickered, teasing her husband and smiled when she saw him pouting. Baekhee laughed but then she looked at them in serious expression. 

"He might be." 

The couple waved it off, "There is no way Yifan is pregnant." Junhee laughed but Baekhee's stare on her didn't waver. 

"I don't mean he is pregnant, but it might be morning sickness because of you are pregnant. Yeah - it happens to the husband too. Let's do your check up." She motioned to Junhee to follow her, leaving Yifan dumbfounded. 
---
Yifan was waiting nervously, wondering what would happen if Junhee was really pregnant. Was he ready to become a father? He was lost in his own thought and worries when Baekhee exited from the room with Junhee trailing behind her. 

"How is it?" He asked, gulping nervously when Junhee sit beside him.

"I'm positive." She said softly, eyes searching for his and he could see that she was also feeling anxious and nervous just as him. "Is it okay?"  She looked at him in worry.

"What do you mean is it okay?" His brows furrowed. 

"I mean if it is too soon, maybe we -" 

"No. It's okay." He hugged her, feeling that she was slightly trembling, and kissed her forehead. "We are in this together, Junhee. Don't be afraid." 

He felt Junhee snuggled into his embrace even tighter, nodding her head slightly. 
---
"Are you sure about this?" Junhee asked softly when they were laying down on their bed, still not believing that their child was growing inside Junhee.

"Yeah. I mean it's too soon. We have just got married 5 months ago after all." He said, "But with all those baby making activities that we have done, I wouldn't say it's unpredictable." He winked at her, making her smile. Even though it didn't erase all those worries from her pretty head, at least she cheered up a little bit. 

"I am thankful. Children are blessing from God, Junhee." Junhee sniffed beside him, nodding furiously. She was so worried that Yifan might reject the baby since they didn't plan for having a baby anytime soon but thankfully her worries didn't happen. 

"Thank you." She mouthed softly at Yifan. 

"No, I am the one who need to thank you. Thank you for being my wife and my future children's mom." He kissed her lips chastely and both of them slept soundly in each other embrace that night. 
---
"Do you prefer a son or a daughter?" She asked him when they were on the way to the hospital to have their monthly check up for the baby. Baekhee said they might know the gender soon so Yifan got pretty excited this morning to find out. After he found out the gender, he wanted to start decorating the nursery room and bought toys and stuff for the baby, even more excited than Junhee herself. 

"What do you prefer?" He asked her back.

"I am okay with anything as long as the baby is healthy and fine. Although  it would be great if we have twins. A boy and a girl. Like me and Jongdae." 

"Yeah, since you are a twin yourself, the chances for you having twins is pretty high." He nodded in agreement. They never really considered having twins but it sounded good right now.

"So, what do you prefer?" 

"I want a daughter."

"Daughter?" Her eyebrows shot up high, looking at him in surprise. 

"Yeah, why?" He smiled at her expression.

"I thought you might want to have a son like traditional family since son would make a better heir." 

"Nah, I prefer a daughter. Having a brother is enough for me." He shuddered remembering how Chanyeol got into trouble a lot when they were little. "Besides, it's not the old century where a daughter can't be a heiress. And the stuffs for daughter are so cute. The soft toys and cute dresses. And if we have a daughter, she will be a mini Junhee and I would be a proud man since I have two beautiful princess with me."

Junhee curled her fingers because of his cheesy words but couldn't help the bubbling happiness inside her heart hearing those words. 

"Yeah, you'd better be." 
--- 
"Congratulations, you are having triplets." 

"What?" Junhee shrieked. Having twins was considered okay but triplets? She didn't know that she might be able to handle triplets. 

"Yeah. See the dot here?" Baekhee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter