CHAPTER 17

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 2a.m but Junmyeon still couldn’t sleep. Chanyeol wasn’t home yet, and he somehow felt uneasy, like something bad was going to happen. He woke up to grab a drink. He went downstairs only to find the house was in total mess.

‘What is happening? Why I didn’t hear anything?’

He grabbed a lamp on the table and walk carefully. As he walked through the living room, Junmyeon saw a body lying on the ground. He narrowed his eyes to have a clear view, and was shocked to see Chen lying on the ground.

“Chen! What happened?” Junmyeon asked while trying to help Chen, but Chen stopped him.

“Check the others. Go.”

Junmeon sprinted to the other’s room. Once again, he was shocked.

‘They’re all gone.’

Just then, he felt someone was standing behind him. Before he could even turn his back, he was knocked out. The last word he heard before he fainted was,

“I’m sorry”.

And he knew too well of the voice; it was Park Chanyeol.

#

“Yah! Wake up right now!” A loud voice woke Junmyeon up but his head was still dizzy. He couldn’t open his eyes. His face was splashed by water since the man earlier couldn’t wait any longer. Junmyeon slowly open his eyes. There he saw his friends were all tied up, kneeling helplessly on his left and his right. All of them looked to the bunch of guys who kidnapped them with hatred.

“What do you want from us!?” Kris yelled out loud in frustration.

“Nothing.” The men laughed sarcastically.

“Then why did you kidnap us!?” This time, it was Kai’s turn to break into anger.

“We’re just following orders from our boss.” One of the men said in victory.

“Who’s your boss?” Junmyeon finally spoke after watching his friends silently. He really sincerely hoped it wasn’t the person he was thinking right now.

“Me.”

A familiar figure came approaching them.

“Yah Park Chanyeol. What are you doing? This is a prank, right? Okay, this is funny. Now, untie us.” Baekhyun tried to joke in a controlled voice. His eyes were b in tears. He, just like Junmyeon, and other boys couldn’t believe their eyes right now.

“I’m not joking.” Chanyeol replied in a serious tone while his eyes were fixed on them, looking at them soullessly. Kyungsoo then burst into an awkward laugh, gaining attention from others.

“What the are you doing Chanyeol? We’re your friends!” He yelled in frustration. Chanyeol looked into Kyungsoo’s eyes with a poker face. He swallowed his saliva before looking up to the ceilings. He honestly felt bad for doing this to his friends. But his own greediness killed his love to his friends. His revenge has taken over himself.

“Shut up. I’m just giving you a present.” He eyed them one by one, and smirked.

“I’m sure you’ll like it.”

#

“Let’s go. Boss wants you to meet someone.” The moment Jihyo heard that, she can sense something fishy. Jihyo and Jungkook were literally dragged by four muscular men to a huge basement space, out from the small room where they were being kept. As soon as they arrived at the basement, the men pushed Jihyo and Jungkook making them fell in front of Chanyeol; kneeling.

‘Wait til I got this ing rope off me, and I’ll rip your head for treating a girl like that.’ Jungkook thought to himself while giving them a death glare.

“J-Jihyo?” A familiar voice caught her by surprise. She turned to her left, and saw eleven guys, were in bad conditions, just as her. She wasn’t surprised at all. The moment she saw Chanyeol just now, she already knew what he was up to. It was just that she felt bad seeing the boys to suffer this because of her.

“W-we thought you’re-“ Kyungsoo’s words were cut off by Chanyeol.

“Dead? She’s been lying to you guys all this time.”

Jihyo closed her eyes and took a deep breath. ‘if you’re going to play hard, then I have no choice.’ She opened her eyes and laughed sarcastically.

“So, this is your present? Wow, you’re so unexpected, Chanyeol-ssi. I’m expecting something more…. Adventurous.” She smirked, as she saw him clenching his fist, probably trying to hold his anger. She knew, no matter how harsh he was, he still had that lingering feelings towards her, and she’s gonna use that to save these boys. She had to use this way.

“You’re stronger than I thought.”

“of course. I’ve been trained for years. What are you expecting? You’re a rookie, Chan. You can’t win me.” Jihyo provoked her, which made him stepped forward, but he stopped half-way.

‘You cant’ do this Chanyeol. she.. she’s a girl.’

In the meantime, Junmyeon was ready to give her the smart watch, to activate the Star, the outfit he and L used to invent together. He thought it was the right time to use it. Jihyo was quick to read Junmyeon’s signal, and so did Jungkook.

As Chanyeol was battling with his emotion, Junmyeon quickly and silently slid her the smart watch, and she grabbed it right away. She put it on her wrist and chose the exact weapon to cut off the rope through the menu. She quickly cut off Jungkook’s rope. One of the men who was standing close to them, including Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter