CHAPTER 11

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo had his eyes fixed on Jihyo. His eyes never left her. Jihyo’s eyes too are fixed on Kyungsoo with her famous emotionless face. Sometimes she would drink the hot Americano they ordered but Kyungsoo seems too focus on Jihyo that he didn’t even touches his drink. Jihyo glances at her watch. 9.35pm. They both had been staying like this, without words for almost an hour. They had been leaving the house for a few hours and she was afraid that Mino, L and Junmyeon would freak out, although they know better than anyone that she is so much capable of taking care of herself. Kyungsoo then took a sip and puts the cup on the table. He was staring at the drink when he finally broke the silence. “What was that earlier?”. Kyungsoo keeps staring at his drink when he asks Jihyo. She then suddenly remembers of what she had been discussing with the boys earlier, or better known as The Tracers.

Flashback    

“We need your help”. Jihyo was silent, ready to hear what’s the boys are up to. “We are being hunted by GIA. And I know you are too. We have done a lot of research, and so far did we know, L and Mino are in danger too. GIA had been suspecting  that they had been helping you. Thankfully, GIA did not suspect Taec yet. We don’t know why but we guess it’s because he cover it up well”. Zayn stops for a while, examining Jihyo’s expression. As he predicted, he can’t read Jihyo’s expression. “And we found something extraordinary. I can’t explain further here. We need to bring your team to our hideout. Just one thing for sure, Mr. Black, must be killed”. 
 

Jihyo was in her deep thought. She didn’t know what to respond for The Tracer’s offer. She too knows, that Mr. Black has a lot of hidden agenda. She knows that Mr. Black is up to something, but she didn’t know the exact detail. The only thing she knows is that Park Sanghyuk, aka her papa is a part of his plan. His plan to terminate agents who seems to block his way.
 

End of flashback

“What was what?”. Jihyo asks, pretending to not know what Kyungsoo was asking. “Could you please stop pretending? Let me help you, at least once”. Kyungsoo looked deep into Jihyo eyes. She too did the same. “You can’t, Kyungsoo. You just can’t”. She  then left Kyungsoo and walks along the dark alley, since it’s the fastest way to reach home. 

“You are not leaving without telling me!”. Kyungsoo runs after her and grabs her arm. Jihyo looked into his eyes. “Don’t trust me”. Jihyo said firmly. Kyungsoo makes a blur face but it seems like he’s ready to hear what Jihyo is about to say. “I am an agent. Actually, WAS an agent. Yeah. That kind of agent. Just like in the movie 007. I have many identities. I mastered a lot of skills. I am the top in my agency. And I, killed people. I was before I run away, because of one mission that I refuse to do. So I’m on the run now, since people in my agency are after me now. To kill me. L and Mino are in the same team as me”. She stops for a while and then continues again. “That guys earlier, they are agents too. They had to face the same thing as me. Run away because we refuse to do a mission. They are the other team, but they’re just like buddies to us. They come to find us because we need to cooperate to kill our President”.

Kyungsoo was speachless. He looks into Jihyo’s eyes deeply. He didn’t know how to react. He then, holds Jihyo’s shoulder with both of his hands. He had a serious face, thinking of ways to help this girl in front of her. 

“Don’t take it serious”. Jihyo mutters in a slow voice while looking to the ground. Out of blue, he suddenly burst into laughter. Jihyo gives an expressionless to her.

“You- you’re joking aren’t you? I at first thought it was real. Hahahaha”. Kyungsoo can’t stop laughing. “Yeah. It’s funny isn’t it?”. Jihyo speaks in a low voice with her head held up to the night sky. “Yeah. You’re kind of good at making jokes. Let’s go home”. Kyungsoo held Jihyo’s hand and they both walk to their house. 

As soon as they arrive in front of Jihyo’s house, Mino and L quickly dashed to the door and hug her. “Oh my god Jihyo what took you so long!? You didn’t even bring your goddamn phone!”. Mino scolds her in the hug. “Don’t ever do that again. You know we love you”. L speaks in a low voice but it’s enough for Jihyo and Mino to hear it. Jihyo smiles in both of the guys’ chest. They really take good care of her, which makes her feel safer and stronger when she’s with them. The other EXO members watch the 3 of them hugging lovingly. Those three seem to did not notice that they have guests in their house. 

“Ah, mianhe. We were too worried of her”. Mino speaks out as soon as he and L break the hug. Jihyo looks at the EXO members with her usual face. The guys give her the sweetest smile. It seems like the guys are already packing their things to go home, since it is already late. They all bid goodbye to Jihyo, L and Mino and say thanks to them for helping. Junmyeon intentionally walks out as the last person. He stops and hugs Jihyo. “I’ll meet you tomorrow”. Junmyeon pats her back gently and Jihyo nods in his hug. 

#

Jihyo settled down on her bed after taking a long nice bath. She was thinking of her meeting with The Tracer earlier. She had no idea that she would meet them again, in Seoul. They used to had great times together. Having fun working in a same agency. 

Flashback

“Kim Taehyung! Come practise now or I swear I’m going to kick your pretty !”. Zayn, leader of The Tracer shouts out loud in anger as his teammates, Taehyung doesn’t even practise these days. He just keeps playing with Mino in Team A’s practise room. “I don’t want to! Let me play with him for an hour then I’ll practise”. Taehyung quickly grabs Jungkook arm and they dashed to Team A’s practise room. Leo who had been silently practising smiles when he saw Zayn chases Taehyung and Jungkook. ‘Those boys are really something’. 

Taehyung and Jungkook enters Team A’s practise room in rush and they quickly search for Jihyo. They know only Jihyo can console the angry Zayn right now. They then saw Jihyo was busy practising with L, Mino and Taecyeon in the simulation room using her must have weapon, The Eye and a high-tech gun that normally GIA’s agent would use, or they called it as, MR16.

“J!!! Help us. Zayn is going to eat us alive. He’s going to eat us ALIVEEE!!”. Jihyo, L, Mino and Taecyeon couldn’t hear them since the simulation room is sound proof but it seems like they can understand what the two desperate boys are mumbling about. They laugh out loud, and Jihyo only smirks in disbelief for the boy’s attitude. A while after, Zayn enters their practise room followed by Leo behind him. Zayn rans to his teammates and smacks the boys’ head hard. Jungkook and Taehyung groans in pain. Team A walks out of their simulation room and continue to laugh of the silly boys. Jihyo walks to Jungkook and Taehyung and then pats their head gently, where Zayn had hit them. 
 

“They don’t want to practise, huh?”. Jihyo asks Zayn as she still patting the two boys’ head. Those two boys are just like kids, smiling like an idiot with eyes closed. They really love playing with Jihyo although she didn’t really gives reaction to them. She takes good care of them like a real family, just like how she takes good care of Team A. 
 

“Yeah. They only listen to you, J. could you help me”. Zayn makes a frown face. He’s probably tired for taking care of these two troublesome boys. He didn’t have any problem with Leo si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter