Chapter 4

Just Different

Chapter 4

Mark’s P.O.V

 I walked back to my room. I opened the door but stopped halfway as I heard someone was talking. It was Suzy. She was talking to her mom and brother. I was going to go in but then I saw her leaning on the wall besides the drawer. She looked sad.

Her mom asked about our honeymoon. I thought she was going to tell the truth but instead she said "It’s great, mom. We just came back from the Eifel Tower. It was beautiful !”

I eavesdrop their conversation. Also focusing on her expressions. It was rather sad than happy. I saw her eyes being teary when she was about to end the conversation. I thought she was going to see me so I hid there but instead it was a long silence.

Suddenly I heard someone singing. It was Suzy. I looked at her once again. She was crying this time. I feel guilty for treating her badly. But, I can’t accept this marriage. It was unexpected. I hated the fact that I was going to marry her when I have my own girlfriend. I hate her. She loved it when we got married. I was annoyed by that.

I walked away and went to a bar and drank some alcohol to get all of those thoughts away.

***

Suzy’s P.O.V

I was busy packing my things for our flight home tomorrow. Someone was knocking on the door so I stopped packing and went to the door. It was Mark. Gosh, he was drunk. What was I going to do ? I tried to help him but he kept refusing. I held his arms again and he pushed me away. The only thing I remember after that is my head felt really painful and darkness filled my visions.

The sunshine lit on my face woke me up that morning. Oh.. I’m in bed..?  Then I looked to the other side. Oh my gosh ! That’s when I saw it. It was Mark. And I looked at myself and saw my figure. Oh please it’s not what I think had happened !  I took a second glance and I almost screamed the heck out of me. I quickly got up and got to the shower.

I was relieved when I found him still sleeping like a log. I wore my clothes and packed my things. I was about to leave the room until I remembered something. He shouldn’t find out about this. So I rushed and pick up his clothes from yesterday and dressed him up. As disgusting and embarrassing it was, I did it anyway. As soon as I finished dressing him up, I quickly left the hotel and went to the airport. I knew my flight was hours away so I tried going around the airport and bought some gifts for the people  back home. Also I wanted to get that incident out of my mind.

****

Two weeks had passed by and Suzy still kept silent. She already went to a clinic and it was confirmed that she was pregnant. She had mixed feelings about it. One part of her was happy because she’ll have a sweet company once the baby was born and the other part of her is confused because she didn’t know what to do. She wanted to tell her mother but she knew words will spread and she doesn’t want Mark to know about anything.

Suzy was leaning her back at the wall. She was thinking what she has to do. Should she prepare for the baby ? Should she tell someone ? She was so depressed but she knew that it won’t be good for the baby so she stood up and went to Mark’s room to wake him up but he was already in the kitchen.

“Stay for awhile. I’ll make breakfast”  Suzy said with a smile.

“I have no time for your breakfast. I need to get to work now.” He picked up his coat and went out of the door.

“Daddy hates mummy but I’ll make sure my little darling will live happily ever after.” She walked to the window to see Mark drive away.

****

“I’m fine, Jackson. Don’t worry. Yeah . Take care of mum. Okay. Okay. Bye” then the call ended.

Suzy’s still having a hard time and she still haven’t told anyone about it. Suddenly her phone rang again. It was her father.

“Umm hello, dad.”

“Suzy. I need you and Mark come to my company dinner this Saturday. You have to come with Mark. I already told him. Don’t give me any reasons This is for my company’s sake.”

“Okay, dad.”

****

Mark and Suzy went to the company dinner together. The venue was amazing ! It had a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The floor was as shiny as diamonds. But it was normal for the couple because they are used to it already.

“Hey ! Wait ! Wait ! I can’t walk fast !”

“It’s your fault for wearing those high heels !” Mark walked into the ballroom without Suzy.

“I wish I could go back right now.” She murmured to herself.

Suzy went inside and searched for Mark. Finally, she found him. He was with her father. They were talking but Suzy decided to approached them anyway.

“You two need to stay here until every single guest leaves. You guys can’t go back home, got it?” Mr. Bae said.

The couple nodded.

“Do.. do I need to stay by your side?” Suzy asked.

“Just go away.” He replied.

So, Suzy left him and went outside of the building. She sat near the fountain and sigh.

She looked up and said “I hope You know what you’re doing. I trust in You.”

“Hey..”

Suzy was startled and looked to her side. “Oh. Hey, oppa. You’re here too.”

“Yeah of course.”

They were silent for awhile. They looked into the skies. The moon and stars were beautiful.

Min Ho broke the silence and said, “You okay now?”

She empty laughed and said, “I’ll be okay.”

“You sure ?”

She just nodded and looked back up to the sky. The silence continued again. But it wasn’t long.

“Oppa, I need to tell you something. Something you can never tell anyone else. Even my family. Promise me you won’t tell anyone or any creature.”

Looking at how serious she was, he nodded and listened to her story.

****

A week had passed by. Suzy’s stomach was getting bigger. She haven’t gone out of the house in those months because she wanted to avoid people. Mark rarely comes back home. She was basically alone in that house. She wanted that. She didn’t want Mark to know about the baby.

Suzy walked into the kitchen, took some cat food in the cabinet and fed her pet cat. She adopted the cat three weeks ago and it’s already very loyal to Suzy. Suzy was actually glad she’d adopted the cat. That way, she won’t feel that lonely.

“Cat, how’s your sleep?”  Suzy named her cat Cat because it’s the only animal name that sounded like a human name she could think of. It was also a fun name to name the feline.

The cat meowed in response. Suzy patted its head and walked to Marks office.

She went in. She knew Mark was not there, like the other normal days. But she always hoped someone was actually there. She hoped her husband was there. She really loved him but he never loved her back.

Suzy walked to his desk. She sat down on his chair. Once she sat down, she realized how big Mark’s office was. She looked around from left to right and sigh.

As the clock ticks its way up to twelve, Suzy looked at the picture frame on top of her husband’s large desk. There were two frames. One was a picture with his family. And the other one was with Jiyeon.

Suzy felt like everything shattered in pieces. That guilt came back to her once again. She had mixed feelings. All these thoughts came right at her. Do I really need to go through all this ? she thought.

She suddenly thought of a stupid idea. She wanted to get away from all this. She’s really tired of this.  Suzy went to her room, grabbed her luggage and shove all her things in there. When the luggage was full, she shove them into another bag. She didn’t have that much clothing anyway. It was her treasured things that filled those bags.

After she finished packing, Suzy went to Mark’s office again. She went through Mark’s desk and got two pieces of paper. She started writing down what she wanted to say. Then she folded them and put them into two envelopes respectively. One was for Mark and the other one for her dad.  She got up and went outside the front door. She got everything in her truck. Suzy glanced at the house before she drove away from it. She’ll miss everything there.

 


 

Hey guys ! Sorry for not updating for a long time. Well it's because the "big" exam is coming and I need to be prepared (not too prepared hehe xD) But here, I updated ! Don't worry. Anyways, enjoy reading and don't forget to leave your comments!

-God bless you guys !-