Chapter 1

Just Different

“Dad.. I don’t wanna get married to someone I don’t know. I know he’s not gonna agree with me too !” Suzy said.

Suddenly her dad slap her. “Listen, I don’t care what you think. This is for the future of my company. If you don’t do this, you’re out of this family list !”

Suzy was shaking. “B..but dad.”

She tried so hard holding back her tears.

“No. I won’t change my mind, Suzy. “

He then went to his desk and gave Suzy an envelope.

“Here.” He tossed it to Suzy.

“Wh..What is this ? “ she stuttered.

“This envelope contains the information of your fiancé. Study it. You’ll be meeting him tomorrow.”

“Hmm..Okay..”

***

Suzy laid down her bed and tried to figure how to get out of this mess. But unfortunately, she didn’t have any idea how.

She stood up from her bed and took the envelope her father gave her earlier. She was amazed at how the envelope could keep its shape despite how full the envelope was.

“I guess it’s study time for me. “

She got the papers out of the envelope. “Wow..” she’d said. It looked more like a paperback for her.

She started reading through every single paper. She found some information amusing and some weird. But she was more mesmerized by the man’s visual than his information.

“So, Mark huh ? You’re good looking. ” Suzy grinned. “I think it’ll be okay. At least I can leave this house and live with this guy. I wonder what’s your personality.”

With that she fell asleep and waited for the next day.

***

Suzy didn’t put any effort in dressing up. She wore a blue dress long enough to cover her knees and a sweater on top. She got in her  Toyota Hilux ride and rode off to her destination. Even though she’s a girl, she love her truck. She also got it modified. She tinted the windows black and gave it a bumper, changed the car’s rim to a cool one. It was like what every guys dream car was; except, Suzy was a girl.

She reached her destination. Before she went to the meeting place, she took her glasses and put it on. It made her look nerdy. She made sure she looked nerdy anyways.

“I’m here to meet with…” she didn’t get to finish when a man got to her.

“Ah, Miss Suzy, right ?” the figure had said.

“Uhmm.. Yes. And you are.. ?” Suzy raised an eyebrow.

“I’m Huang Zitao, Mark’s secretary. You can call me Tao” He smiled and continued “I was told that you two are going to meet for the first time today, so before you’re meeting with Mark, I’m just telling you he ain’t liking this marriage. So, actually I was just afraid that maybe Mark will have some temper when you meet him. But don’t be afraid, he’s actually a kind guy deep inside. Deep inside.”

“Oh..Okay.”

“So, you ready to meet him ?”

“I guess so.. ?”

“Well then, let’s go.”

“Yeah..”

Tao walked to Marks office followed by Suzy. Suzy was a little afraid actually. She was afraid right after she found out he also oppose to this engagement. But she just continued following Tao to Marks office. As they were in front of his office, they heard stuff being smashed and thrown everywhere. It was hectic. Suzy’s heart suddenly started pumping really hard. Harder than before. What if he became angrier as he saw me ? that was her thoughts. She was thinking about running away but Tao already pushed the door open and announce to Mark about Suzy’s arrival.

What am I gonna do ? Gosh . OMG OMG !

“What are you doing here ?!” Mark said.

“Didn’t you kn..know ? I..I’m he.. here to .. meet you.” she staggered . “Aren’t you happy to see me ?”

That was such a daring question she asked but what should she do ? You can’t go back to the past.

“Happy?!” he’d scream. Suzy back off a little. “How am I happy getting engage to..” he pause while scanning her appearance “To such a worthless person like you !”

“Worth.. worthless ?” she’d said.

“Get out of my way.” He pushed her and she fell on the ground. Mark went out of his office with his secretary. Leaving Suzy all alone there.

“You’re right. I am worthless. Pathetic too.” She cried with her face buried in her arms.