Chapter 2

Just Different
Mark’s P.O.V I still can’t believe at what happened. Everything is so messed up. Why can’t I marry who I want to ? I took a sip of my coffee as I walked towards a table near the window of the coffee shop. “Oppa !” I looked up and saw Jiyeon. “Oh, you’re here.” “Yeah. Did you wait long ?” “Nope. I just arrived actually.” I took another sip of my coffee and asked “Have you ordered already ?” “Yup. So where are we going today, oppa ? The mall ?” “Sure. Anywhere.” “Yay ! Thanks oppa ! You’re the best boyfriend I could ever have .” She smiled widely. “You heard already ?” “Heard of… ?” “Wedding..” “Yes. I heard it from Hyomin. You’re going to marry Bae Suzy from that successful company next week, right ?’’ she looked sad. “Yeah.” “Its okay, though. We can still date, right?” “Of course.” *** It’s the day of the wedding. Suzy wore a white sleeveless dress with see-through material at the top of the sweetheart dress. It was quiet a simple dress to be honest but when she wore it, it was stunning. It was a simple wedding held at a church. Family and friends were invited and also some important people from each of their company. Mark was dressed in a suit that match him perfectly. He walked to his personal dressing room. To his surprise, Jiyeon was there. “Oh, what are you doing here ?” he asked. “I was invited too, y’know?” “You were ?” “Yeah.” She smiled but not happily. “We’re still a couple, right ?” Mark smiled back and hugged her tightly. Without anyone notice, Suzy saw everything. She felt guilty for marrying someone who already had a girlfriend. Suzy went back to her dressing room and prepare herself for the wedding ceremony. She took a little time to cry alone in the room. Suzy was devastated but regained positivity and she was ready for the wedding. She walked down the aisle with her dad. She was actually kinda happy. Not because she was getting married but because she was linking her arms with her dad for the first time in a long time . Everything went well. The wedding was a success. After the wedding, Suzy’s mom went to her and hugged her tightly. Her mom was crying and Suzy felt her shoulders getting wet. Soon, Suzy started to cry too. “Why are you crying, darling ? It’s suppose to be a happy day for you.” Her mom smiled still crying. She didn’t reply. She kept on crying on her mom’s shoulder. “Congratulations my lovely sister !” a tall figure wrapped his arms around both of the woman. It was her brother Jackson. Suzy couldn’t hold it back anymore. Her tears flowed more. She was hiccupping. She missed them. Her mom and brother. She haven’t seen them over a year. They stayed in different countries. Her mom and brother lives in Canada to manage the company there while Suzy lived with her dad in Korea for the past 7 years. “I.. missed you.. guys” she murmured. “We missed you too, Suzy-ya” Jackson said while hugging her tightly. “So, the honeymoon’s tomorrow, right ?” Suzy nodded her head. “Be happy, okay?” Jackson wrapped his arms around her waist. “Jackson’s right, darling.” Her mom patted her head. “You don’t need to find a perfect partner. You just need to be a perfect partner.” “ Okay, mom.”