Part 2

THE WHISPERER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyun was nervous. His palm is sweating, his eyes keep wandering. He is uncomfortable.

Doctor Mino’s gaze can kill him, if there is such thing as laser coming out from eyes, he swear this doctor can burn him in any second.

 

“Coffee or tea?” the doctor breaks the silent.

 

“Just plain water, please.” Taehyun replied.

 

“Okay Taehyun, how about an introduction of yourself and your friend?”

 

God his deep voice.

“Ummm” Taehyun clears his throat.

"Umm doctor, I know that you can’t see her, I’ve been living all these years as the only one who can see her and, well, talk to her too.” Taehyun tried to explain to Mino. He is not a kid that needs everyone to believe what he believed.

 

Mino chuckled. “Yes, I can’t see her, but, it is part of my job to make you feel okay with this session. I thought you wanna play it comfortable.”

 

“yeah” Taehyun answered. “Okay lets start then, my name is Nam Taehyun” he paused, of course the doctor already know his name. Silly.

 

“I am still a student, part time photographer. I have a blog, it’s a fashion blog. Umm, that’s all about me.” Taehyun keep looking at his hand like he was talking to them.

 

“Tell me more about your friend, Chaerin.” Mino lean his body forward as if he is showing his interest about this kid’s issue.

 

“It’s a long story.” Taehyun wasn’t sure should he share his story that he only understand or should he finally find a closure for his story and Chaerin.

 

“We have plenty of time.” Said Mino. “Lets start with how it all began.”

 

**

 

It all began 5 years ago.

 

 

“Taehyun-ah.” a voice from a middle aged woman calling from downstairs.

 

“Yes mom.” Answered the young kid as he running down the stairs following the voice to the kitchen where he saw his mom with his best friend in a same place.

 

“Yoonie have been waiting for you since forever, baby you need to shorten your shower time.” His mom nagged as she pouring down the hot chocolate drink for the boys.

 

Kang Seungyoon, his best friend. The friend is looking at up to see him with a grin on his milky white face, “morning Taehyun”

 

“We’re late.” Taehyun finish his drink in a second and grabbed Seungyoon’s hand out of the kitchen.

 

“Wait my guitar!” Seungyoon was only managed so sipped a tiny amount of the marvelous chocolate drink.

 

“But sweatheart, what about breakfast?” the middle aged woman asked.

 

Seungyoon turned his back “aunty I love breakfa-”

“We’re fine mom thank you, bye mom” Taehyun re-grab Seungyoon’s hand before the boy could even finish his words. He dragged Seungyoon passed the gate, out the house and he let his hands go.

 

 

Seungyoon keeps giving Taehyun a death glare as they both walking to school. When Taehyun looked at him, he would immediately turn his face, acting like a sulking child. Taehyun finds it funny because he knows that Seungyoon can get a little cranky if he skipped his meal.

 

“Aww come on Yoon! You will survive a day without breakfast. Stop being mad and talked to me.” Taehyun kicked his best friend leg.

 

“Oww er, that’s hurt! Oh yeah I will survived but the thing is I am mad because of we both supposed to go to school by bicycle but you being so dramatic and dragged me out of your house and leaving our bicycle behind and have you ever goddamn curious on how heavy my guitar was?!” Seungyoon said his words in one breath. His face was red.

 

Taehyun burst into laugh. “im sorry, I didn’t realize that. Okay okay, let’s hang out together after school. I buy you lunch” Taehyun tried to please his friend with meal because Seungyoon is a foodie but he wonder why this boy is skinny even if he ate a truck load of food.

“Ugh fine” Seungyoon rolls his eyes. He can’t stay mad at Taehyun, they’re friends since kindergarten, they go to the same school, they hang out together, their parents are friends, they basically watched each other's back as they growing up.

 

They finally at the school’s front gate when Taehyun suddenly noticed a woman beside the guard post.

 

“Wow I didn’t know we have a new female teacher, finally a flower in this boy-only school” Taehyun said in excitement.

 

“New female teacher? Where? Where?” Seungyoon is interested he even walked around the guard post.

 

“Dude, we both skipped breakfast but I believe my eyes that there is no teacher there, just the guards” Seunyoon slap his buddy’s chest.

“But-but, I saw her just now, standing there” Taehyun shuttered as he pointed his finger to the guard post.

 “Come on the bell gonna ring soon. Hurry, I don’t wanna meet Mr Yang. I hate him.” This time, Seungyoon grabbed Taehyun’s hand to their class.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter