My Oath

Spotlight

Finally woke up from my dream, a dream that felt like a nightmare, A nightmare where I am alone, no one is there for me, I am by myself. I was glad I woke up from that nightmare. My father was cooking breakfast downstairs in the kitchen. I can smell the aroma from my room. My dad was an amazing cook, but he was known to the world as one of the best dancer. That is my goal, to become a world renowned dancer, let my name spread to the world like how Micheal Jackson did, or Usher. I got out of my bed and go wash myself. I would usually dance, but i wasn't in the mood, maybe it had something to do with the nightmare. As I got changed, I smelled the food burning, I know my father never once burned the food, I felt like something was wrong. I run downstairs. I see my father having a , I rush to his side and sit beside him as I got my phone and called (9-11).

"Hello? What is the emergency?" asked the operator.

"Hell- Hello? My father is having a heart , I need someone here quickly" I said

"What's your address sir?" the operator asked?

I tell them my address and they said that the ambulance was on its way. As I waited for the ambulance and looked at my father, the nightmare made sense. It kind of was giving me a warning that my father might die soon and that I need to pull myself together. Or I thought, but still the thought scared me. My dad was there for me when I was a kid. When I was born my mother passed away so from then on my father took care of me without marrying anyone else. He was an amazing person, I don't want to lose him. After a few minutes of waiting the ambulance finally arrived, they took my father, I followed behind but they stopped me. 

"Sorry son we can't have you come with us" The officer said.

I was dumbfounded, because usually they allow a relative to go with the patient but they are stopping me. I just nodded and stayed at home. Staying home alone was fine but right now I'm not myself, I'm worried about my father and I have no idea whats going on. The doorbell rang, I went to see who it was. It was the mailman with an important letter for me. I signed the thing he told me to sign and go in. As I open the letter, the phone starts to ring. I go and pick it up as I'm reading the letter.

Dear Youngbae,

We Have recieved your application to join our dance academy. We at Seoul Dance Academy find you promising and hope to see you as one of our students

We also believe that you maybe able to participate in the So You Think You Can Dance competition

We Hope to hear from you soon 

Sincerely

SanE

 

The letter said.

On the phone,"Hello Dong residence Youngbae speaking"

"Hello Mr. Dong"

"Yes?" 

"This is the Seoul Nstional Hospital, we are sorry to say this but your father has passed away"

I was shocked. I didn't know what to do, honestly I was feeling excited for being accepeted into one of Korea's best dance academy but at the same time the most important person in my family has passed away.

"Mr Dong, your father had this to say to you before he died"

"Youngbae-ah I know you will get into the Seoul Dance Academy, remember follow your dream, win the competition even if your life depends on it, find yourself a girl that you will love and protect your heart, and I want to say I'm sorry for leaving you behind by yourself, remember follow your dream, and win, once again Youngbae-ah I'm sorry"

I was crying, I didn't know why. Was it because he passed away, was it because he still knew my dream even at his critical stage, was it because he apologized to me or was it because even at his final stages he cared about me and not himself. I didn't know. All I knew was that GOD always wanted to keep the good and nice people around him. 

"Uhm Can I come and look at my father one last time" I asked

"Yes you can. my condolences son" the person on the phone said.

"Thank you Goodbye" I said and hung up the phone. So what now? All I have now is me. I decided to look at my father one last time. I went to the hosptial. To my suprise my uncle and cousin Jiyong was there. 

"Youngbae-ah are you alright?" my uncle asked.

"Youngbae I'm sorry man, uncle Dong was a cool man its saddening to see him leave us behind." Jiyong said.

Me and Jiyong literally grew up together, we more like brothers than cousins. He would always stay over when his dad worked overtime, which is most of the time. 

"Uncle Kwon how did you know about this?" I asked

"The hosptal called us before they called you." he replied.

"Uncle Kwon can I go see him?" I asked.

"Of course son you can go, Jiyong take him" He said.

I went with Jiyong. I went to see my father for the final time. 

"Hey dad, how are you? right you can't respond. But guess what? I got accepted into SDA and I wanted to tell you first, cmon dad congratulate me, right you can't, I am so sorry dad, I am so sorry for being the worst son, you couldn't do anything you like because of me, you were always stuck at home because of me, you always got scolded by all my teachers for not bringing me up right, I am so sorry for being selfish and only caring about me." I said. 

I couldn't say more I was just crying. 

"Youngbae-ah listen to me your dad loved you because you were you, whenever we were drinking together all he would talk about is you and how much of a good son you were, he would always say he was lucky to have you, He always talked about how he wanted you to become of the best dancers in Korea, he knows you can do it." my uncle said sitting beside me hugging me.

"Is it true you got accepted into SDA?" he asked

I nodded, "I just got my acceptance letter today, they said I can start anytime." 

"You should start tomorrow that is what your father would want, we are here to take care of things here, you go start on following your dreams like what your father wanted" my uncle said.

"Is that really okay? I mean " I was interupted 

"Yes it is he is also my brother you know I have more right to him than you so just your to Seoul and don't worry about anything here." my uncle said.

"Okay" I said.

I soon left the hospital and went to my house to get the stuff ready for the move. Is god giving me a blessing along with a punishment? is what I was thinking of. When I think about it, right after my father gets a heart , I get an acceptance from SDA, then I get a phone call, and now I have an uncle who is willing to do the stuff I was doing so I can follow my dream. This is when I decided something, I came up with my own oath,

From here on forward I would not let anything get in my way of following what my dad told me. I will not only win the So You Think You Can Dance competition but also find a women who I can love with all my heart.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the first chapter. Plz don't kill me for making it sad. But hope for the second chapter maybe today or tmr I am currently working on it.

Plz Comment Subscribe and vote if you can support me and tell me that you are reading this