Chapter One

Finding Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A soft melody echoed throughout the room as her fingers started to move against the black and white keys. She hummed along, the corner of her lips curved downwards. She let the music move her body with the soft rhythm. She closed her eyes, trying her hardest to suppress a tear. Then she sang, her voice slightly breaking at the first note but she managed to compose herself.

 

 

“All along it was a fever, a cold sweat hot-headed believer. I threw my hands in the air, said ‘Show me something.’ He said, ‘If you dare, come a little closer.’”

 

 

Dara continued to run her shaky fingers rhythmically along the black and white keys and at the far corner of the room, by the door, stood a man. He was dressed in a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. He leaned against the door frame after folding his arms, the only emotion that was painted on his face was pity. He sighed quietly to himself as he continued to listen to her.

 

 

“Not really sure how to feel about it, something in the way move makes me feel like I can’t live without you. It takes me all the way. I want you to stay.”

 

 

A tear persistently escaped and rolled freely down her cheeks. She remembered him and everything they went through. The memories hit her so hard she could feel her heart breaking all over again.

 

 

“Oh, the reason I hold on, Oh, ‘cause I need this hole gone.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter