That Powerful, Captivating and Wonderful Color

My Favourite Colour is You (See-through You)

  If you want to listen to the song that inspired me writing this oneshot, you can play the video I placed here :) So yeah...

Please proceed reading~

Party%20time_zps0vc6ggyb.jpg

 

              Luhan sat on a bar stool. He was looking around, scanning the unfamiliar faces. He sighed every now and then. He didn’t know any of the people in the party. The only reason he was there was because he’s a son of a well-known company owner. Being in a good status, he was invited to a party by an acquaintance. Maybe he was invited for bragging rights of being ‘friends’ with some heir of a great company. He still went though he knew the possibility of being in a room with a bunch of strangers.

                But he wasn’t totally ignored though. Every now and then, that acquaintance of his would go near him and introduce him to unknown faces. Of course, his title of ‘being a son of a great company owner’ would never be gone from the introduction. It was as if he’s just a company owner’s son and nothing else. Men just talk to him about their company and some college stuff, but other than that, there would be nothing else to talk about. The ladies talk to him in their sweetly sickly tones, trying to get into his pants. But that would actually be quite reasonable. He was good-looking. He wasn’t exactly ripped but his body was just fine. He dressed fine. And lastly, he was rich.

                But then he knew better. He stopped the conversations as early as possible.

                Having no one to talk to actually bores the young man that is why he decided to just to talk to the bartender.

                “Hey bartender, what do you think should I order?” Luhan asked, trying to make a conversation.

                The bartender stared at him for awhile, “It’s actually your choice. You can just look at the drinks on the racks.”

Luhan did as told. He looked behind the bartender. He looked at the alcoholic drinks, scanning them with his eyes. While choosing from the drinks, a guy sat beside him and ordered, “Bartender, give me some Red Apple Martini.”

                His ears perked up when he heard the word ‘red’. Somehow, that color really attracts him.

                Luhan watched as the bartender mixed different liquids for the alcohol beverage that the man requested. After a while, it was done. Luhan stared at the masterpiece and decided to order one for himself.

                The bartender did the order. After finishing it, he gave the glass to Luhan. Luhan grabbed it and just stared at it.

                “Aren’t you going to drink that?” the bartender asked.

                Luhan smiled at him and shook his head. “Nah, I ordered it because of its color.”

                The young man received weird looks from the bartender. He disregarded those looks given to him and he didn’t drink the martini. He was just staring at it, thinking about its powerful, captivating and wonderful color. It turns even more beautiful when the party lights of the club hit it.

                The man who sat beside Luhan stood up and went to the dance floor. Luhan looked around him and saw the other people doing the same. Questions started to fill his mind. Are they leaving? Maybe it’s time to go home? Oh, the young man was pleased with the latter thought. Finally, he could leave this place.

                But then, his thoughts were wrong. He found it out when the slow music turned to a quite an upbeat one. The people stood up to dance.

                Luhan silently grunted as he looked at the people who danced like there’s no tomorrow. They were pushing themselves against the others’ skins. They were trying to entangle themselves together. For the young man’s perspective, they looked pathetic and desperate for the feel of the warmth of other humans’ skins.

                With the red martini on his hand, Luhan continued looking at the people. Then in his peripheral vision, he saw something red. It wasn’t the martini in his hand though. It was something more attractive and entrancing. His eyes darted to the club’s entrance and saw her.

                She wore a red skirt with a black long sleeve as her top. Her shoes were red. And her lips were red, complimenting her milky white skin and black raven hair. She looked so breathtaking for she was really beautiful.

                The men in the club stared at her. Some of them dared to leave their partners on the dance floor to approach the lady. They crowded around her which pissed Luhan. He couldn’t get a sight of her. It was the young man’s fault though. He decided to be in the group of men who would just stare at the beauty.

                Luhan then thought that he shouldn’t waste his time on that girl. She may be wearing his favorite color but she might be one of those stupid easy girls. Luhan was about to turn his back and face the bartender but when he saw some of men leaving the woman’s side, he stopped halfway turning. He saw her once again, and she was rejecting the men. She had this apologetic look on her face while turning them all down. They didn’t leave her though, they just tailed behind her.

                Seeing the woman like that, Luhan thought that maybe his chances are also low. The woman didn’t even stare at the men’s faces. She just rejected them, even though she did it gently. That made Luhan feel dejected anyways. He was a quite confusing man.

Even though he didn’t plan to drink, he drank the alcoholic beverage that he was holding. It burned his throat and intoxicated his systems. That wasn’t enough though. He needed more.

                “Give me a strong drink,” Luhan ordered and reached out his credit card. “I want it red still.”

                “Are you going to drink it this time?” the bartender asked as he grabbed Luhan’s card. After swiping it, he began mixing different liquids for Luhan’s order.

                Luhan smiled as he showed his empty glass, “I just drank the previous one.”

                The bartender shrugged as he gave the credit card and glass to Luhan. Inside of the glass was an illuminating red drink. The young man carefully picked up the glass. The drink smelled like Gatorade and some fruit. Well, there were fruits inside the glass. He then decided to take a sip.

                The alcohol burned like hell. It scorched down his throat, causing his eyes to water. He stared at the bartender as he held up the drink, “What’s in this?”

                “Everclear with Gatorade and some fruits,” the bartender replied while cleaning the other glass with a cloth. “You ordered a strong red one.”

                Luhan sighed and stared at the drink. He did order for a strong one but he didn’t expect it to be that strong. He still drank it despite that fact.

                As the alcohol invaded his systems, he thought of hitting on a random girl while on the dance floor. After that, he would be going home. He couldn’t stay in the club anymore because 1) He’s bored to death 2) The woman is still there but it feels like she’s not. She’s too far away, and that is simply frustrating.

Luhan would escape from this dull world. He would escape from that acquaintance. He should go away before he gets wasted.

                Not even bothering to finish his drink, Luhan stood up and went to the dance floor. He started dancing, his body following the beats of the bass. He wasn’t a show-off and he wasn’t really that drunk, but his dancing skills just burst out of him. He looked so magnificent while dancing.

                Girls tried to keep up with the dance he was doing but they couldn’t. Luhan noticed them but didn’t want them. Maybe the random girl he was thinking of was not really random. The young man was quite picky.

                ‘I should just go home’ is a thought that entered the young man’s mind. The girls weren’t entertaining him. They were irritating him.

                So, Luhan stopped dancing. The girls stared at him with their disappointed looks. He waved them off and decided to sneak out. When he was near the exit, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He then silently cursed before turning to the person.

                “Where are you going?” his acquaintance asked him.

                Home. “To the restroom,” he replied nonchalantly.

                “The restrooms are inside the club. It’s near the bartender.”

                “Is that so? Thank you then.”

                Luhan inwardly sighed as he walked away from the exit. He was back on the dance floor. A frown was plastered on his face but it changed when he got a glimpse of the red woman. She was on the dance floor and was probably only a few feet away from him.

                The crowd moved again, making the red woman disappear from his vision. Luhan went one step to his left and tiptoed, trying to search for the woman. She wasn’t there. He took four steps back and looked around but saw nothing. He stepped three on his right but still there wasn’t a sight of her. Three steps to the front and still her figure and her color were nowhere to be seen.

                Luhan’s head began hurting. It wasn’t because he was drunk– because he wasn’t – but because it was like some rush hour inside the club, especially on the dance floor. It was too crowded. And he was sure that there were more people around her.

                As the young man was losing hope, someone bumped against his back. He turned around and saw that it was the woman. His red woman.

                “I have been searching for you,” he whispered as he stared at her intensely. He talked without thinking.

                The woman looked at him with an inquisitive look on her face. She stared at his face and shook her head, “Why?”

                “I don’t really know. Should there be any reason?” he asked as he stared at her. He scanned her facial features. She was too beautiful. Her raven hair was quite tousled but she still looks breathtaking. Her pale cheeks matched with her red lips were enough for a man to desire her.

                The woman looked at him, quite amused. A smile played on her lips as she continued talking to Luhan, “There should be. Is this your way to get to woman’s skirt, through a novel-like approach?”

                “Red,” Luhan replied as he continued staring at the woman. His eyes slowly travelled from her red lips down to her red shoes. His eyes went back to her face. “It’s because you’re wearing red.”

                “Then you must have desperately loved this color to find for me. You do look a bit exhausted.”

                “I do love it so much,” Luhan said as he stared deeply at the woman’s dark orbs. “I desperately crave for it. It’s my red anyways.”

                The woman was taken aback and so was Luhan. Did Luhan just say those words? Luhan felt his heart bang violently against his chest as he stared at the woman. Her previous pale cheeks turned crimson. Luhan swore that he wanted to take her all in that moment.

                “That’s foul play,” the woman whispered in a quite playful tone, the blush on her face still evident. For some reason, she was panting. “Using your husky voice like that. Are you trying to seduce me? And are you saying that you own me?”

                 Luhan’s cheeks flushed, “No.”

                The two of them stared for a while, not even minding the crowd around them. The loud music was also ignored. It was as if they were in their own world.

                “I’m Luhan, by the way,” he said, trying to erase his embarrassment. That was his entire introduction though. He didn’t bother telling her that his father is a great business man or he’s taking his master’s degree. That was it and nothing else.

                The woman smiled, her red lips curled up beautifully, “I’m Sohyun. Sohyun Kwon.”

                “Do you want to talk in a place which is less crowded?” Luhan asked, gaining a lot of confidence.

                The woman laughed for a bit, “Sure, why not? That would be appropriate.”

                Luhan held his hand out and thankfully the girl reached for it. He was nervous about getting rejected.

                “Hey, you look good in that red skirt,” he complimented.

                The woman chuckled, “We’re not yet dating. You need not to compliment me yet.”

                “Just telling the truth,” Luhan replied.

                “Thank you then,” Sohyun smiled. “Even if it’s not obvious, I’m just twenty years old, just informing you though. You might call me ‘noona’ in the future.”

                “Then I’m informing you that I’m older by four years.”

                The two of them then walked out of the club, leaving the dull place behind. Hand-in-hand with a stranger didn’t feel so bad for them. It actually felt strangely nice and comforting to them. Maybe it was because they knew that something between them is going to happen. And that something would be so awesome that they wouldn’t go to parties like this in search of someone. Or even follow another person in red.

                                                    Party%20time_zps0vc6ggyb.jpg

 

So... how was that? If I , I'm sorry. Haha. Hmm.. The romance wasn't

really really really that fluffy or mushy.. or something. Haha.

But I hope that you liked it because I have mentioned in my the

Foreword, I really enjoyed writing it. I don't drink so I did some research about

different alcoholic beverages and I enjoyed that. It was fun writing

with a setting like a bar. Haha. Plus, Kwon Sohyun is here so yeah.

MAN, I JUST SHIP HER WITH A LOT OF GUYS. HAHA.

So yeah, thanks reading this~ Love you all!

P.S:

If I have more ideas and if I do not become lazy, please look

forward to my future writings with KwonSso in it~

Chu~

tumblr_lqp3xuZpbe1qehoyoo1_r1_250.gif

XOXO,

ChunSso