[MxKai] Not Interested - Part 2

She's Got All The Right Moves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So here’s the thing about Kai if you didn’t know already…

He’s ing good at dancing

He ing knows he’s good.

Challenge him to a ing dance battle and he’ll likely break your ankles...because the struggle to keep up with him is real. Damn real.

 

Dancing means everything to him. It’s his everything--the air that he breathes, the friend that he can submerge his feelings to...everything. So when in reality, when the soles of his feet rub harshly against his tattered shoes from the pressure of each determined footwork, he feels no pain. Instead, it is satisfaction; the flow of movement he sees himself make through the reflection of the room’s mirrored walls.

 

He needs nothing else, but the simple freedom to dance.

 

“Jongin, you done?”

 

The guy had failed to hear the creak of the door opening, the footsteps entering. Even if it was his dearest best friend, Kai did not notice.

As a dancer himself, Taemin understood his position. He was going to have to wait it out, wait until the melody that boomed out from the stereo came to an end, because very little could ever come in between the EXO member and dancing.

 

Taemin made his way over to the empty lone chair in the side of the room before studying his friend.

 

Jongin’s really going at it...

Taemin noticed the extra fire that burned in the guy. He was on another level today.

 

“How long have you been practicing?” Taemin threw the laid out towel to the hardworker’s face as the last note of music concluded.

 

“Oh, you came?” It was only then that Kai had realized that he was not alone.

 

“Been three minutes or so. Nice to know that my presence means that little to you,” he teased, “Scale of one to ten, how tired are you right now?”

 

Kai cocked a brow. He wasn’t too sure whether or not it was a trick question.

“Four. I’m feeling good. Why?”

 

Actually, the guy was tired. Not physically, but more in the sense of wanting to do nothing but lazily crawl back into bed and call it a day.

 

A sly smile perked up on his friend’s face and Kai immediately knew he should have just said the truth.

 

“Great. So you’re coming with Naeun and I,” he had decided on his own to confirm the new addition.

 

“I’d rather not get caught up in your love life Taemin…”

 

“She’s bringing a friend!” he exclaimed, trying to reel him in to getting an ounce of excitement.

 

“Not interested,” Kai replied once again...his typical answer to such events.

 

“FOOD! I’ll feed you Kim Jongin,” his eye twitched for a split second and Taemin knew instantly that he had Kai sold, “for free”.

 

~

 

Minzy approached the unfamiliar building with small timid steps. It was the first time she was going there alone. She had somehow successfully rode the bus to the location without much notice from the public. Or maybe they did know and they just decided to leave her alone… Either way, she was grateful that the day was unfolding to be like a “normal” one, something so difficult to experience when one is a major kpop star.

 

The place was splashed with nothing but pristine sparkling white. It was the complete opposite to the dim familiarity of YG’s sleek dark headquarters...SM was surely very different.

 

The pretty unnie at the front desk had led her to the common area where she was greeted with more sharp modern white furniture. Minzy was feeling out of place and all that she could wish for was for Luna to come out fast. The still silence in the large room drowned the girl in awkwardness. Not wanting to die from this stiff feeling, she plopped in her ear phones and blasted her favorite tune, mood increasing from 0-100 real quick.



 

It’s probably a dancer thing…

Not being able to sense the presence of someone new when they enter a room, when you’re submerged in music.

 

The two guys stared at the scene before them. When would they ever see such a thing? Minzy, a YG artist was in their building, sitting on their couch. However, she wasn’t just a tame visitor...the girl was grooving out, her slim shoulders moving side to side effortlessly like liquid.

 

As if stemmed from the same body, the two stood there still, not knowing what exactly they should do.

 

“MINZY!!” You could hear Luna’s volume in her scream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter