Special 2015 : in which the change happens

Nine years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2015

 

    “No. No. No. I love this hair.”

    “Yes. Yes. Yes. We are ing bored with black and brown. Seungri”

    The ruler of our band AKA Kwon Jiyong AKA The Nail Nibbler AKA The Dictator stated that and no one even Seunghyun hyung can save me from this. I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time since I stepped into this concept meeting. Daesung hyung looked pleased though. You liked your blond phase in Alive, didn’t you? I tried telepath the smiley hyung. Help me, please?

    “May I know who did you mean by WE?”

    “Uhmm me?” that’s Youngbae hyung.

    “And me?” Daesung hyung couldn’t hold back his laugh any longer.

    “I agree with Jiyongie.”

    “Not you too Seunghyun hyung! It’s not funny!” I wailed.

    “You’re too careful Seungri-ya. Look at us. Look at Daesung. Even Daesung had gone green before. People thought Youngbae would keep that mohawk forever but look how nice blond look on him.” Nail nibbler stepped forward. I swore to god I almost saw hair dyes in his hand and scissor in another hand. 

    “Don’t press him Jiyong-ah. It’s not going to work. He’s too insecure.”

    Youngbae hyung. You are the love of my life.

    “Have you ever read Pann? There was this post asking ‘What make you die?’ and one of the most upvoted comment is ‘Seungri goes blond’.” I continued to reason with the hyungs.

    “I read that post! Hilarious!!” said excited Seunghyun hyung.

    “Yeah. Super.” rolled my eyes for 101th time.

    “At least cut your hair.”

    “Of course I will cut my hair.”

    “I know how you call t cutting you hair.” Nail nibbler’s being loud now.

    “Why do we even shout? It’s his hair I would say we leave him alone.” Youngbae hyung patted my shoulder and smiled with his crescent moon-shaped eyes. I did the punch-hi-five thing with him.

    “Love you. Hyung.”

    “Love you too kiddo.”

    

    “Gosh, what’s wrong with him hyung? As if minding his own hair is not enough now.” I grunted as I and Youngbae hyung got into the van. He laughed seeing how annoyed I had become.

    “He just likes to tease you sometimes, you know?”

    “That hyung’s hair is so damaged he can’t do anything with it. That’s why he’s targeting my hair.”

    “Interesting theory, kiddo.”

    “Why didn’t you keep that mohawk? I thought you loved it.”

    “I loved it.”

    “You experimented so much lately.”

    “I did” he chuckled. “I tried tons of hairstyles. Scorpion, Kimbap, Cornrows, Alpaca”

    “And you regret it.” I started to chuckle, too.

    “No? Surprisingly no.” We both chuckled so hard the manager Taehee turned around to look what’s up. 

    “Taehee. What do you think if I turn… like… pink?”

    “You mean your hair?”

    “Yeah. I will style it puff and fluffy too. Like how Jiyong hyung did before.” Youngbae hyung giggled as I asked. He must be imagining it.

    “Hyung don’t…”

    “Maybe I should photoshop my self to see what happens…”     “Or try a wig.” Youngbae hyung suggested.

    “Please just don’t…”

    “Taehee-ya, you’re too honest here.” I snapped.

    “You see. The thing is that you has always have brown or black hair and normal hairstyle, except the chestnut and turtle-like ones.”

    “Yes-and?” I listened attentively.

    “That makes you insecure. The way you play safe with your hair color. It had made you felt secure, yet it prevents you from challenging. From new things.” He concluded with a smirk.

    “And I feel fine. And safe. And not feeling like being thrown in bad hair limbo.” I also concluded with a smirk wider than Youngbae hyung. He sighed.

    “You are too much like Jiyong in the other way around, you know?”

    “I am the OPPOSITE of that hair damaging maniac.” I replied.

    

    Two days later.

    “Oh, you’re here.” Youngbae hyung walked into the salon where I’m having my own little transformation for the MV filming. He’s in a casual loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter